What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

Lofty

CF Legend
There's also something else interesting about this coaster. The actual "Figure of 8 Element" was tested before shipped out. It's just nice to see what the final piece will look like, it's a lot more daunting then I had first imagined it to be!

Click Here!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Don't know if this has been posted but Intamin appear to have built the figure of eight else where before painting for some kinda testing..

IMG_1609.jpg

I think the supports look pretty sexy if I'm honest.

Source: http://www.bgtnation.net/2010/12/cheeta ... ure-8.html

EDIT: Oops, how did I miss that post haha.

Snoo

The Legend
That figure 8 where they tested it looks ugly.. but I'm not convinced it will look the same in the park.

Lofty

CF Legend
^I don't think the rusty colour of the un-painted supports helps. I think it may look a bit better with the vibrant colours!

jokerman

Giga Poster
^The cranes surrounding it probably don't help its visual appeal. I think it'll look good when its up and has theming on it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I guess to ensure all the bits lined up properly before they shipped them out.

I don't actually know, but I would guess that a lot of the connections are tested before being shipped to their final destination. That is a complete guess though, but it seems logical enough to me.

Nick

Mega Poster
It's quite an interesting and unique structure. I suppose Intamin wanted to test the stress on the supports etc, and as Hixee mentioned above, to make sure everything fits. Maybe they just wanted to see what it looked like too :p

CPcisco

Mega Poster
I personally think it looks awesome. :--D

The track in that area enters and exits at pretty much right angles to each other. Intamin (and Busch) could most likely have gone the Storm Runner/Superman Escape/Skycar route and had the track twist mid-way up (or down) the hill in order for the train to leave 90 degrees off from the entrance of the hill. But they instead went with a much neater (and one-of-a-kind) element, that I have a feeling may ride better than alot of people on here are saying.