What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

CMonster

Giga Poster
Yeah, that looks pretty cool and should be interesting.

The updater at RCPro also lives right across the street from the park, in the apartments next to where they store the track.

Lofty

CF Legend
^^ Also, if they did one of the half Top Hat Elements, it would bring the ride duration time down by a bit. I think thats why they may not have done it..

Snoo

The Legend
I don't know about that one UC.. just by judging the exit with the entrance of the ride with the way the support structure is working out.. it looks possible to have the same entrance with a downward spiral turn to the left into the current exit.. without changing almost anything.

BUT! From what I've heard.. this element is supposed to mimic a Cheetah stalking its prey in the trees before it dives down for to get ready to stalk its prey from the ground.

Gazza

Giga Poster
^^ Also, if they did one of the half Top Hat Elements, it would bring the ride duration time down by a bit. I think thats why they may not have done it..
Yeah, but it's a launch coaster, not a mine train, which is what the top of this element seems straight out of.

Anyway, I agree with what Snoo said, it could have just been a reverse Storm Runner top hat, and they still could have given it a "bundle of sticks" support structure if they wanted.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, but, a top hat would be a good, thrilling element. This ride seems determined to waste every chance it has to be good...

Snoo

The Legend
I'm inclined to agree with Ben here.. this ride simply looks rather tame. While looking at Maverick pre build, the elements popped one after another, with no give up. This is almost comparable to HRRR..

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
While I don't think that the ride will be tame at all, I do see where everybody is coming from. This looks like a launched version of Steel Eel (the out and back aspect) or something. There will be some great forces and airtime, but the ride doesn't seem to do anything special or exciting. It's a launch into a hill, into a turn, into a hill, into a launch, rinse, lather, repeat.

Thom25

Roller Poster
To me, it looks like a launched version of MF and agree with Ben, that this not be a very thrilling ride, but just a fun ride, that's probably family friendly as well.

Snoo

The Legend
Supposedly.. Cheetahs stalk their prey from trees in the Savannah.. then jump down and run.. ect ect.

But, from what I've learned about Cheetahs.. this doesn't happen at all?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^I do know that cheetahs can climb trees. Whether they actually do it or not is beyond me. The idea of them climbing a tree to see their surroundings and spot prey better makes sense though.

Ben

CF Legend
Cheetahs mainly climb trees to just have a bit of a mince or a sleep, not really to stalk anything apparently. Stalking is much more ground-based and in the long grass, like all other big cats.

It's just an excuse to kill pacing really.

Thom25

Roller Poster
I think the only reason the figure 8 was developed is to provide a unique signature element for the ride. I'm sure it will be a cool non-thrilling element, while anyone who sees it, will know exactly what ride it is, which is a benefit of being the only coaster on the planet with it. I also think when the flags are added, it really will stand out.

As for the ride itself, I can't wait to experience it, but have no expectations for air-time or thrills. I'm expecting a very fun re-rideable coaster.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
There will be no expectations for me either. I'm thinking it will be a very fun re-rideable coaster;
a little thrilling and not a family ride.

marc

CF Legend
Cheetahs do not climb trees, I have just looked this up. They will only climb a tree to try and escape from pray. Their claws are blunt as they cannot retract them, it is very hard for them to get back down if they do go up a tree.

Geek lol.

That element is so viable when you arrive at the park. I managed to get a picture of a corner but not sure if it leads up to it or is the exist. the guys shut the fence as soon as they saw me taking a picture lol.

63453_10150359479900179_520050178_16358810_5281244_n.jpg

163677_10150359479890179_520050178_16358809_2291748_n.jpg

165237_10150359480050179_520050178_16358821_281948_n.jpg