What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We went to on Saturday & all I can add is that right now the construction is very unobtrusive. Yeah, the sky ride is down until the coaster opens next year (which is a shame because it would provide great views of the construction going on) & there are large fences/walls around the major construction site, but it's nowhere as bad as I thought it would be (i.e. Harry Potter construction at U:IoA). We didn't ride the train, so I didn't get to see some of the construction that is posted in the links above, but here are a few pictures that I did take.

The station construction near the main Sky Ride station:
IMG_2074Small.jpg

IMG_2076Small.jpg

IMG_2077Small.jpg

Trench work near Rhino Rally:
IMG_2057Small.jpg

IMG_2058Small.jpg

IMG_2056Small.jpg

nadroJ

CF Legend
This is going to make me cry when I walk past it in December, Intamin Accelerator type things are probably my favourite kind of coaster after B&M Inverts ;[

jokerman

Giga Poster
^Under one of the photos it said "This is looking great". WTF? It's a few supports. Some people might get excited about vertical construction, but to say a few dull supports look great.

Snoo

The Legend
76402_519580226701_180000185_30693272_6619108_n.jpg

Yay! Took that midday today. Nothing exciting. There are almost no footers complete on the whole coaster.. only in the station area.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I'm still confused as to what that particular segment will be. Looks like mounting brackets for kicker wheels, but on a downward slope... :?

CPcisco

Mega Poster
Xpress said:
I'm still confused as to what that particular segment will be. Looks like mounting brackets for kicker wheels, but on a downward slope... :?

Looking at the computer generated POV again it looks like that might actually be uphill, and more likely than not those are brackets for retractable break fins and not kicker wheels. Not sure on that though because neither Maverick's retractable break fins or kicker wheels have this bracket design.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Maverick also doesn't use the newer Intamin style square supports, so that could also be another area they've improved upon/re-designed since then.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Ha, I was just about to post that!

Things are going pretty quickly, that first turn should be done in a day or two.

I really wish I had a season pass right now. :(

Snoo

The Legend
That transition is a bit funky. Also shows the confidence Intamin had in their new track system you find on FR and I305.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
ch175a.jpg

I find the supporting a little weird! It's very sparse on the launch and that A-frame at the end is blates facing the wrong way haha!.

Maybe a hydrolic launch system needs more supporting than a LSM one.

Ben

CF Legend
What is that a-frame support doing with its life, haha, that's really funky. 7

I still think this lacks what it could have been though.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ I feel the same way, with that space, and that amount of launches/speed the ride could've done a lot more.

It will be a fun ride though, especially if they get the terraining and theming right.