What's new

Celebrity Deaths 2009 Edition

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Nice one Marc. :lol:
I'm glad I waited a few days to mention Ed McMahon so Taylor could get her first post.

Huey Long, a jazz guitarist whose career included stints with musical giants Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker and as part of the famed Ink Spots vocal group, died last Wednesday. He was 105.

Bob Bogle, lead guitarist and co-founder of the band The Ventures, known for 1960s instrumental hits including "Walk, Don't Run," died on Sunday. He was 75.

Sky Saxon, lead singer and founder of the 1960s band the "Seeds" died yesterday. The Seeds were best known for their singles "Pushin' Too Hard" and "Can't Seem to Make You Mine."

Hanne Hiob, a German actress and daughter of playwright Bertolt Brecht and opera singer Marianne Zoff, died Tuesday. She was 86.

In non-celebrity deaths:
Tomoji Tanabe, the world's oldest man, died in his sleep at his home in southern Japan last Friday. He was 113.

mrclam

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ Is it true though? I am reading on the computer that it's true but the news channel I am watching is saying he's in the hospital.

According to radio he was dead when they got to him.. and he still is.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We still don't have confirmation yet, but TMZ is reporting that it's true. Fox News is going with the story even though no one other than TMZ is reporting his death.
We do have confirmation that he was not breathing when Angeles Fire Department paramedics rushed him to the UCLA Medical Center & they had to perform CPR.

mrclam

Giga Poster
But he always claimed to be jesus.. maybe he'll come back to life - and this will all have been a publicity stunt.

davidm

Strata Poster
Fox News... going with unconfirmed stories. Never!

For UK users, read that as "Sky News... going with unconfirmed stories. Never!"

The British channels are reporting that he's been reported (by TMZ) to have died.

"Nononono, no, no! He's resting!"

mrclam

Giga Poster
even if they rescusitate him.. he was still dead for a short while - therefor my point still counts! :lol: