What's new

Celebrity Deaths 2009 Edition

Rush

Giga Poster
Jack Douglas died last year and I think Natasha Richardson has already been mentioned on a previous page.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I would say that he was.

He was one of the most powerful men in British industry for a great number of years. Therefore he was an ever present in the media, as such the general public knew him well. I think that would class him as "A person of distinction or renown"

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
American actor, comedian, film director, television producer, and chef Dom DeLuise died in his sleep yesterday in Los Angeles, California. He was 75. DeLuise was hospitalized at the time, suffering from kidney failure and respiratory problems following a long battle with cancer.
He often co-starred with Burt Reynolds; together they appeared in the films The Cannonball Run and Cannonball Run II, Smokey and the Bandit II, The End, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas and All Dogs Go to Heaven. DeLuise was also the host of the television show Candid Camera from 1991 to 1992.
DeLuise was probably best known as a regular in Mel Brooks's films. He appeared in The Twelve Chairs, Blazing Saddles, Silent Movie, History of the World, Part I, Spaceballs & Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Brooks' late wife, actress Anne Bancroft, directed Dom in Fatso (1980). He also had a cameo in Johnny Dangerously as the Pope, and in Jim Henson's The Muppet Movie as a wayward Hollywood talent agent who comes across Kermit the Frog singing "The Rainbow Connection" in the film's opening scene.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Millvina Dean, last survivor of the Titanic died yesterday.

I've seen her a few times in Southampton. Can't miss that hair and teeth!

^ I find it particularly sad when people die who were the last remaining of a major event in history. I dunno why but I do, especially like, war veterans and that, probably because there will be nobody else to tell the story of what happened, with first hand experience.