What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

codeman94

Mega Poster
These fan animations seem to come out about once per week, but this one seems to get what I see happening in the first wave turn. This one isn't exactly what I had in mind, as it has the roll and the turn being more two different elements, I see them more as a combined element, like a "barrel turn" or something. I'd like to call trademark on that if any manufacturers are reading this. :p

Intricks

Strata Poster
FB_IMG_1485987882871.jpg

If the photo doesnt post, Ill repost it once I get home from work, but yeah, this damn near confirms some form of inversion (80% sure) or outer banked turn happening directly after the initial drop.

My lawd am I getting so excited for this project!

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Excuse me while I change my pants. Looks like it could be some type of inclined top hat?? Would love to see something like a reverse step-up-under-flip diving off the top of that:eek:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Could potentially be an enormous off axis airtime hill? Would be a hell of a bold way to start the ride.

Watching an RMC go up is so exciting as those metal bars could be linked up in any creative way and there's always a chance they'll invent a new element. Buzzing to see how this thread develops!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
mog1.gif

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Whilst this does look bonkers, I'm half hoping that this is one of these step-under rolls, rather than one of those off-axis airtime hills. The hill after the first overbank on Storm Chaser is my least favourite part of the ride. It's just unnecessary and crap. It's a twist for the sake of it.

I really hope RMC don't do something similar here. Or at least if they do, I hope the ejector isn't quite as strong so you don't bash your kidneys into the back of the seat!

Sorry, yes, droooool....

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm hoping they don't just whack an inversion in for the first main element. I'd like to start seeing more RMC's without inversions, well, apart from the Zero G Stall <3

DelPiero

Strata Poster
look how low to the ground... they are without a doubt going for a tallest drop record.
They might struggle to get the tallest drop record as even though the structure is mainly wooden, this is definitely being reinvented as a steel coaster and will be classified as such.

VTCGA5

Roller Poster
At first I wasn't a fan of the color scheme but now I love it. 2018 is going to be a great year for coasters

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I find it unlikley that whomever took that pic, only took one... spill the rest! :D
Unfortunately just the one from this guy - here's the original posted photo:
As this photo is technically trespassing/taken unsanctioned on-property, I can appreciate that there wasn't time to stop and work the lense. ;)

Whilst this does look bonkers, I'm half hoping that this is one of these step-under rolls, rather than one of those off-axis airtime hills. The hill after the first overbank on Storm Chaser is my least favourite part of the ride. It's just unnecessary and crap. It's a twist for the sake of it.

I really hope RMC don't do something similar here. Or at least if they do, I hope the ejector isn't quite as strong so you don't bash your kidneys into the back of the seat!

Sorry, yes, droooool....
Agreed - While an opening off-axis hill would be mental, I can't help but think a lot of speed would be lost. Opening roll or overbanked stall would be fantastic; only time will tell on how the track progresses.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Cedar Point has always been a "I'll probably get there one day" kinda park for me, rather than a "ohmygodohmygod I need to go there right now" kinda park.
This might change things.

kcurry11

Roller Poster
Looking at the metal ledgers from this picture, I think its pretty safe to say its going to be an off axis hill. If you just keep following the track up it is pretty safe to say no inversion will be here (and I hope they keep inversions off of this coaster).

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
Looking at the metal ledgers from this picture, I think its pretty safe to say its going to be an off axis hill. If you just keep following the track up it is pretty safe to say no inversion will be here (and I hope they keep inversions off of this coaster).
Odds are Cedar Point will put 4 inversions on there, to capture that record too.

EDIT: Damn auto-correct