What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean, it isn't like distance is an issue when you're flying. :p

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Great Ohio Coaster Club uploaded a nice overhead shot of the site...

meanstreak.png

Looks like lift hill bents are slowly making progress, as well as a few on the first turn. Much of the structure between the turnarounds and the lift area has been removed, so expect big changes there.

Honestly, I'm starting to get kinda excited for this.

codeman94

Mega Poster
the new supports look like its going to bank LEFT.... maybe a left barrel roll into a right hand turn? That would be awesome!

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Or even something akin to Fahrenheit's Norwegian Loop, banking left and then into a right turn? The track is not headed in one direction or the other, and you can see a clear right-hand banked turn in the supports. I think what is causing the question is the higher set of supports, though this could be remnant of the original layout's banked turn, which was taller.

Tony Clark is also being savage on Twitter.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^The track in the picture doesn't actually bank left, the supports at the top of the hill show where the the track will bank.

I am so excited to see more of this.

codeman94

Mega Poster
its hard to see the depth in the photo to know where those new supports are located, but I can see it possibly playing out like this.First wave, left barrel turn.jpg

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
A barrel roll similar to Joker's Step-up under flip would be brilliant. However, if that is the plan, I wouldn't expect that many more bents to be added to the structure.

If you look at another photo (from the same source), assuming the drop angle will be bordering on 90 degrees and be similar in shape to Goliath's first plunge, the increase in overall structure height would end up being really substantial. This could mean the first inversion would be taken way too quickly and naturally, there's only a finite number of bents you can add before the structure becomes unstable. Therefore, is there any chance we could be looking at a Lightning Rod-esque pre-drop? I'd expect it could still hit the 200ft mark.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Don't forget Outlaw Run as well! (And Wildfire to a certain extent with it's turn around)

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
naturally, there's only a finite number of bents you can add before the structure becomes unstable. Therefore, is there any chance we could be looking at a Lightning Rod-esque pre-drop? I'd expect it could still hit the 200ft mark.

Perhaps this is why it's being pushed to 2018: they're adding more footers to compensate for cranking the height up 50 feet. A bit hard to tell with the viewing angles available, though.

Unrelated: someone needs to go to CP this summer and get a picture of themselves looking at RMC Streak with a thought bubble above their head: "Wow! A new ride being built!"

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I mean officially, there has been no information given after all. ;)

I may be back in Sandusky this coming month, which would afford another glimpse of construction from afar.