What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
Looking at the metal ledgers from this picture, I think its pretty safe to say its going to be an off axis hill. If you just keep following the track up it is pretty safe to say no inversion will be here (and I hope they keep inversions off of this coaster).
Odds are Cedar Point will put 4 inversions on there, to capture that record too.

EDIT: Damn auto-correct

kcurry11

Roller Poster
Odds are Cedar Point will put 4 inversions on there, to capture that record too.

EDIT: Damn auto-correct
I really really hope not. They are too gimmicky for my taste. I mean I won't be upset as long as it is not all inversions, but I would still prefer it without.

Snoo

The Legend
Being that the best steel RMC's I've been on have been smaller with less inversions, I'd prefer that be the case.

Lofty

CF Legend
I know I've only done one RMC, but the best parts of Wildfire are the airtime, the quick bank changes and Zero G Stall - I'm really hoping to see more RMC's with less inversions as I'm really not sold yet (I'll be able to comment more when I've done another three this year <3 )

Snoo

The Legend
I know I've only done one RMC, but the best parts of Wildfire are the airtime, the quick bank changes and Zero G Stall - I'm really hoping to see more RMC's with less inversions as I'm really not sold yet (I'll be able to comment more when I've done another three this year <3 )

I agree completely. The best RMC's IMO, Lightning Rod, Goliath, Wildfire, and Outlaw Run.. all have less inversions and more airtime. Storm Chaser is the only IH which really stood out that I've been on and that's because it focused on airtime.

BigBad

Mega Poster
Wildfire and Outlaw Run both have three inversions, the most RMC has done (so far).

For a while, I disliked the idea of inversions on a wooden (ish) coaster. Then I rode Wicked Cyclone, and the zero-G inversions were really cool.

I don't want lame inversions (mostly the ones based on hang time) on RMC Streak, but I'd definitely like some like the ones on Wicked Cyclone. One of the ideas I had when some were speculating that there could be a pre-drop after the lift and then a zero-G roll drop was to keep the main drop as an ejector airtime drop but then have the MCBR lead to a right-turning 270 (Mean Streak has a left 90ish-degree turn) that leads into a roll like the beginning of Storm Chaser. I'd be pretty happy with that.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
I agree completely. The best RMC's IMO, Lightning Rod, Goliath, Wildfire, and Outlaw Run.. all have less inversions and more airtime. Storm Chaser is the only IH which really stood out that I've been on and that's because it focused on airtime.
Ummm... You do realize that both Wildfire and Outlaw Run have three inversions right? A.k.a. Tied for the most inversions on any RMC.

Snoo

The Legend
Ummm... You do realize that both Wildfire and Outlaw Run have three inversions right? A.k.a. Tied for the most inversions on any RMC.
Yes. But they all have more airtime elements then inversions.. the point I was getting at.. in the statement right after that.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
Yes. But they all have more airtime elements then inversions.. the point I was getting at.. in the statement right after that.

Four inversions does not preclude massive amounts of airtime. Also, anyone got more pictures?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Pictures are going to be sparse throughout the off-season. The easiest views will be from across the Sandusky Bay, and we will have the occasional from-the-lake photo. Cedar Point unfortunately has forbade photos from on-property; though the previous photo clearly broke that rule.

In the meantime, behold the Leap Frog Scenic Railway!

codeman94

Mega Poster
One photo a week is enough for me. Any time where progress is noticeable and noteworthy. Last week's update pic was definitely that. Its also been a warm winter in the great lakes this year. I'd guess they are ahead of schedule.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I had the chance to swing by Battery Park yesterday for a quick shot across the Sandusky Bay. No visible progress, though you can see construction workers in the midst of the supports on the first turn around. The cross members still appear to be an off-axis turn for the first turn around.

Attachments

• DSC_7099.jpg
    DSC_7099.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 94

codeman94

Mega Poster
Looks like they have "finished" the taller supports for that first turn and the shape has been made. Doesnt look like its going to be anything too fancy, but definitely higher and steeper on entry.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
Looks like they have "finished" the taller supports for that first turn and the shape has been made. Doesnt look like its going to be anything too fancy, but definitely higher and steeper on entry.
I wonder where the inversions will be?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Speculate away. I'm going with 3 inversions.
Knowing Cedar Point, that will try to smash all current records, meaning it will problably be the tallest, fastest hybrid coaster with the most inversions. I am going with 4 inversions and NO MCBR.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
There's definitely going to be a zero-G stall. My bet is that the second "lap" of the structure will be reversed (clockwise instead of anticlockwise), with the zero-G stal occurring over the main drop. I would also love to see a double zero-G roll, with a heartline roll completing the quartet.

My preferred element sequence:
Lift (225 ft), main drop (87 degrees), bunny hill, off-axis tophat, low overbanked turn, double zero-G roll, double-up into overbank over the lift, double down, zero-G stall, MCBR, and finishes off with a blitzkrieg of pops of airtime with the barrel roll coming during the low turnaround for the final "lap" of the triangle.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Uhhhh, guys.....

Je0K2uV.jpg