What's new

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Stopped by at ACE Winter Warm-Up Event. Had a great time, got free tickets to Fiesta Texas, Carowinds, and Alabama Adventure & Splash Adventure.
image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Thankfully, the track is no longer Molly orange. ;)

Pear

Strata Poster
The trains are also confirmed to have a back car attachment as well! They are still being delivered to the park.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Back car? What back car?

EDIT:- I've just looked at the animation, it just looks like a shell that fits on the back, it's not like an extra zero car, but it certainly looks cool!

PetskuC

Mega Poster
The train has completed the track up to the second launch:-
Video by Ruud Schutten.
Wow that looks cool! The first launch looks more intense than the typical Mack launch...
I'm new to all this, but could someone tell me why they stopped it at the second launch? do they just take one step at a time to avoid damages or what is the reason?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm new to all this, but could someone tell me why they stopped it at the second launch? do they just take one step at a time to avoid damages or what is the reason?
I think that's the crux of it. I suspect they want to be sure the various intermediate safety systems work before running a full test.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
There's alot of focus on hang-time on this ride, only really just noticed and after riding the Hunger Games ride I can kinda get a feeling on how these V-loops will perform. I can see this thing being very much a love or hate situation.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Exactly what I just said:-
I know what you wrote, I read it.

If I was reading his comment fresh, I'd read it as if his connection to the Carowinds webcam is still working, but I see why you'd read it the way you did. Bad wording on their part. :p

Pear

Strata Poster
I know what you wrote, I read it.

If I was reading his comment fresh, I'd read it as if his connection to the Carowinds webcam is still working, but I see why you'd read it the way you did. Bad wording on their part. :p
I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. That webcam is the exact same view as the one on the park's website there's absolutely no reason why he would be able to mount his own webcam from the top of the observation tower as well. Not to mention the camera still has the ****ty quality we've been seeing forever now.

It appears the webcams are down because some higher ups in the CF chain are visiting the park right now, including Tony Clark.

In other news seems like the flyers are almost done!

http://instagr.am/p/BuUFs-2D4NR/

Last edited: