What's new

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Sounds weird saying this for a coaster - but it's supposed to be slow.

The launches on these things are terrible, it's just there as a way to get you from a to b and not designed to be thrilling.

Icon and Blue Fire are not forceful or intense, but they are absolutely brilliant at providing a smooth, fun and floaty ride and in that respect these coasters are world class.

This is what everyone says about Macks and I just feel like ok but why not make it a bit faster? Ya'know? Have some variety? Like I'm sure it will be good and I'm glad to hear that those videos were showing it at a slower speed but yeah like I duno seems like a missed opportunity. Not asking for TTD or anything. I don't think the american audience is going to be as kind about it as the UK have been about Icon because we have such limited launch coasters (and lapbar only creds), but then it does look better than Icon.

I suppose you have to treat it as more of a family ride.

I'll stop tempting the angry mob now.

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
This is what everyone says about Macks and I just feel like ok but why not make it a bit faster? Ya'know? Have some variety? Like I'm sure it will be good and I'm glad to hear that those videos were showing it at a slower speed but yeah like I duno seems like a missed opportunity. Not asking for TTD or anything. I don't think the american audience is going to be as kind about it as the UK have been about Icon because we have such limited launch coasters (and lapbar only creds), but then it does look better than Icon.

I suppose you have to treat it as more of a family ride.

I'll stop tempting the angry mob now.
Yeah I agree to an extent. The overall coasters work well - but surely they can at least increase the power/acceleration of the launches.

Hutch

Strata Poster
This is what everyone says about Macks and I just feel like ok but why not make it a bit faster?
This is my exact thought about Icon. It looks decent as is but I feel like it could greatly benefit from greater speeds on the launches, even just a little bit. I haven't done Icon (or any Mack launch for that matter), but it's never been a ride I've been eager to try out.

That being said I don't have a problem with the pacing on Helix and Blue Fire. Blue Fire's layout may be pretty standard nowadays but at least the inversions are taken at a good speed. And Helix is, well, Helix.

I need to see a full POV of Copperhead before I settle my thoughts on the pacing. Some of the inversions seem slow and hangtimey but I'm mainly concerned about the twists and turns in between.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interesting...

I don't love the first loop, but the second launch could be great (I'm really curious to see if the airtime compliments the launch) and some of those hills/dives look really cool.

Plus, I really like the colour.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Yeah that looks good...! Second half particularly.

Keep to get on this next year :D Planning a tripppp.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Still not sure on that inverted top hat thing but looks to have great airtime on entry. 2nd launch looks fun though.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Let's also bear in mind that it is travelling slightly slower than it will during normal operation in that POV. This ride definitely has great potential, possibly top 3 in park, and looks like it could be better than Icon IMO, even though it only goes 50 mph at its maximum. This ride is like Kanonen's second cousin.

Last edited:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm pretty confident it will be universally loved, but my hatred of hangtime will make it not as loved by me.

That said, May 4 can't get here soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think it looks great! With the exception of the first roll (which could be hit or miss) and the last couple turns, I really like how this is turning out. I honestly expected some of those elements to be taken a bit slower than what was shown, which means it can only get faster at this point. There's some good looking whips in there, especially the one going through the first loop. Interested to see how the second launch turns out. I don't know if there'll be much airtime but regardless the little hump should be a unique sensation.

Lofty

CF Legend
Let's also bear in mind that it is travelling slightly slower than it will during normal operation in that POV. This ride definitely has great potential, possibly top 3 in park, and looks like it could be better than Icon IMO, even though it only goes 50 mph at its maximum. This ride is like Kanonen's first cousin.
Kanonen was **** tho.

It looks really good? Fun and action-packed.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This ride definitely has great potential, possibly top 3 in park, and looks like it could be better than Icon IMO, even though it only goes 50 mph at its maximum.
Oh this will definitely be better than Icon. Top 3 in park isn't saying much, really, but I do agree there.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Do people think this could possibly be better than Time Traveler?
It has a better flow that's for sure as there's no stop-starting, but the first drop of TT is amazing, this has a Jojo roll instead, so clearly TT is better in that department.
Based on that first POV I'd say it has more airtime moments than TT, but if the airtime will be stronger than TT it's hard to tell.
The issue with TT is the variation in ride experiences, it can be amazing one ride and lackluster the next. CS will generally be the same ride in the same seat, which is just what you want if it's consistently good. Edit - However, most Mack's need to warm up, then nearly always are better later in the day and quite poor first thing.
Personally I think it looks better overall, but it's close, as I'm an airtime junkie but I hate hangtime.

Matt N

CF Legend
Looking great! Some really good pacing in there and some good looking pops of airtime; overall, it should be a really great addition to Carowinds!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Color me impressed. The hills and turns look punchier than expected. Curious how the accelerating over a hill will be, and I love that middle section with the drop, launched hill into hill then hang time-y top hat. Flow and pace do look great, deff excited