What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

LiveForTheLaunch said:
I decided that I have two fecking awesome home parks :p It looks impressive so far!

Agreed. :D

Does anyone know if the Go-karts are staying like that or are they going to move the track?
Hopefully the station is themed nicely otherwise it the storage track will be a little of an eye sore :S.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Ive never seen a B&M train transfer house that was just left open. Im sure they will completely enclose it and tidy everything up.

I imagine it would look like this

http://rcdb.com/1106.htm?p=1382

Just out of curiosity, do the metal poles being that close to where the go-karts will be driving pose any sort of hazard assuming one ever crashed and hit the pole?

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ maybe they will put up some sort of little barriers on the go kart track?
Just around the places were the poles are.
Im sure the park has though about this and decided what to do

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Just out of curiosity, do the metal poles being that close to where the go-karts will be driving pose any sort of hazard assuming one ever crashed and hit the pole?

They'll probably put up padding like they do on American football poles.

Snoo

The Legend

^There. Padding is definitely gonna happen.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

It says the largest piece of track section is 120ft long :O Holy **** that's huge. This just got me so pumped to ride this thing :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

^The track pieces aren't 120 feet long. They're saying that when that photo was taken, the track piece brought the current height up to 120 feet.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

^ They actual do say that the largest piece is 120 ft long...I find that hard to believe as that would also have to be the longest piece of B&M track ever made. But they did in fact say that it is 120 ft long

D1993

Hyper Poster

Its not that hard to beleive.
Considering the height is 306 feet, the track length of the lift hill would be about 400-450 feet (just guessing).
So for one piece to be about 120 feet, thats about a 3rd of the lift hill, and the seem to be about half way. Seems a little too big (maybe 100 feet), but not totally un-believable

emery96

Roller Poster

They said the current height is around 168' and the longest piece is 120'. However, you can see that in this photo, that 120' section is actually made of two separate track pieces bolted together on the ground, then hoisted up.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

^That would be the case. B&M prefabricating a 120 feet long track section is ludicrous. The containers/flatbeds they are transported in/on are just over 50 feet in length. Plus, when you factor in how heavy a 120 foot long track piece would be, it becomes apparent how unfeasible it is.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Exactly. I suspect it could be something like a 120ft section that is unsupported. That wouldn't seem that unbelievable. Well, more believable than making, transporting and installing a 120ft section.

emery96

Roller Poster

^That's what it looks to be to me. The section of track which they mentioned is 120' long only has one support along the stretch. My guess is thats what they are refering to when they said the piece is 120'.

313811_10150333128763924_95469803923_8281201_1555478194_n.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster

There needs to be another color...it just looks like a teal block.

Lofty

CF Legend

tomahawKSU said:
There needs to be another color...it just looks like a teal block.

You've only just noticed that?..

I don't, I don't mind the colour now to be honest. In reference to the size of that single track piece, does anyone remember the sections for I305? I thought that had the same discussion? Whilst it may not be 120' long, it was certainly a LONG piece for a section of that lift...

tomahawk

Strata Poster

No, I noticed it from the beginning, but in that picture it looks worse than any of the others I have seen before.