What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

Colous are gross tbh.

They're Wild Mouse colours :tard:

Leviathan is a sea creature. Aqua coloured track makes sense. I like it.

The track colour is fine.

It's then the supports with them <//3

Yeah, it's odd that they are the same colour. Maybe there was a sale?

I'm trying to remember: Have renders of the trains been released?

rollermonkey said:
I'm trying to remember: Have renders of the trains been released?

train.png

I don't like the colors either, they don't work together well that's the only thing i don't like really.
The coaster is coming along nicely and its going to look huge !

I thought the supports were going to be a darker shade of blue or black. The ride would almost look like Phantom's Revenge, which would be awesome.

I dont see what the fuss is about the colors of the ride. It seems to link perfectly well with the ride and I think it looks fine. Its just not looking so great with that gross black skyline behind it. It'll really be looking great in the summer months.

Antinos said:
I thought the supports were going to be a darker shade of blue or black. The ride would almost look like Phantom's Revenge, which would be awesome.
The supports are indeed a darker colour than the track is. Here is a good example.

I think the colours will be fine. I'll admit that they don't look all that nice on a cloudy day, but when the sun is out, they look quite good. The colours fit the theme pretty good, and the fact that its at a Cedar Fair park and is not being painted red or orange is quite nice.

Yup, I'm still confused as **** as to why Canada's Wonderland chose to build this. :roll:

Behemoth was a huge success for the park. They figured an even bigger/taller faster ride that would be considered scarier than Behemoth (to the GP) would draw in even more people. It's not that hard to figure out and quite frankly it's a smart decision. People are going to see it as a bigger and badder Behemoth and flock to ride it. Also, the GP doesn't analyze the rides like we do. They just see it as a roller coaster that's bigger and faster. They hardly care about what the ride does as long as they come off and had fun.

^ No it's not all a smart decision because it will make Behemoth less popular, and the GP won't ride it because there's a bigger version on the other side of the park. I agree with the others who think it was a bad business decision...

^Again, you're making it sound like the rides are competing against each other. CW doesn't give a flying duck about what the customers are riding as soon as they are within the gates. Remember where the money exhanges hands.

I've said it before, and I say it again: Neither coaster is a separate entity that pulls in its own money. To put it simply, it's the sum of all the (percieved) fun in the park that brings in customers. All Leviathan does is raising that sum significantly, giving more people a reason to go to the park. Once inside, the money is spent and CW is happy.
Besides, why will nobody ride Behemoth, again? Last time I checked, it was the second tallest coaster in the country, among the dozen tallest in the world, and definitely a thrilling ride. I think most people would like to try both, as they are both paid for when they enter the park. I bet marketing will also focus a lot on "the two titans" or something, not "forget that other tall coaster we have, now we built a bigger one and the other sucks in comparison".

Ethan said:
^ No it's not all a smart decision because it will make Behemoth less popular, and the GP won't ride it because there's a bigger version on the other side of the park. I agree with the others who think it was a bad business decision...

Just because they built Top Thrill Dragster doesn't mean Millennium Force is any less popular. ;)

Of course Leviathan will be a popular roller coaster that adds to CW's already impressive line-up.

Where the contention lies is its striking similarity to Behemoth, and why CW didn't just try building a different type of roller coaster.

^ Or just original B&M 4 row much?

The reason for the non-stadiumed seats is simply because of concerns with train length vs. layout dynamics.

I think these trains are better suited for Leviathan and the other form of B&M Hyper trains are better suited for more airtime coasters like Behemoth.
Leviathan is more twisty and turn-y and has more overbanks, therefore these trains are probably better.

Now .... whens that lift hill going to be done??

D1993 said:
Now .... whens that lift hill going to be done??

The crown on the lift hill will be put up after the drop is complete. They are planning to connect the lift hill and the drop together...though I have no idea why, I thought most coasters were built more or less from start to finish.