What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

CPcisco

Mega Poster
Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

^ Not normally. It depends alot on the surroundings and what needs to be worked around. Plus, if you are renting a huge crane you want to make the most of that time that you have it so you spend the least amount of money. If that means that you do not put the top of the ride in until after the rest of the ride is complete then that is what you do.

Ben

CF Legend

CoasterCrazy said:
It looks like they're building this in 'Swarm' style, different parts at different times!

This is also known as 'rides in the real World' style.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^ I do believe RCT and No Limits have shrewed most peoples belief on how rides are built. Shame really.

On topic, looks blue...

Switching between the hideouts'...

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

New news...
The park has confirmed that there will be a charity auction to be the first riders on Leviathan (similar to what they did with Behemoth). They have not made any announcements about it yet as they're still finalizing details of which charity they will be partnering with.

From: http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2266

I'm sure they'll raise a lot of money for this...

D1993

Hyper Poster

CoasterCrazy said:
D1993 said:
Now .... whens that lift hill going to be done??

Don't get impatient!Well, I guess it's almost done now ( :--D ) thanks to this HUGE update from CWMania...(pages 1+2)

http://www.cwmania.com/gallery/thumbnai ... 242&page=1

It looks like they're building this in 'Swarm' style, different parts at different times!

Is it just me, or does it look like pretty much no progress has been made?
The lift hill seems the same height and they havent worked on the drop, and just that bottom bit of the drop is installed.
Im confused as to what parts of the ride have and havent been installed yet, because I thought the lift hill was supposed to be complete by now .....
I dont remember Intimidator's lift hill taking this time to go up (obviously granted this is much larger, so it'll take longer, but still) ....

CPcisco

Mega Poster

^ The main hill might be one of the last parts of the ride that is completed. If you look at the crane that they are using that crane is able to have an extension boom put onto it to make it reach a height of over 300ft. That means that the crane needs to be lowered and the pully system needs to be re-worked. That takes a day or two at the least, and then a few more days to get it back to the style that you see now. If all of the lower work for the crane is done first they will only have one period of downtime that would affect and not two.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Also, they're building the lift over a go-kart track and another roller coaster. It's not an easy operation when you have a couple dozen ton chunk of iron dangling above a major park attraction. Crane placement is crucial for all building projects, but this is a lot more complicated.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Yeah, when there is a lot going on it may seem like nothing is going on but that's far from the truth. Also, I really wish they would have gone with dark blue (even navy) for the supports. I have always liked that combo. And as for the train type, I like the design no doubt but it would have been much more interesting if they went for a different type like floorless or at least a more unique seat configuration. Don't get me wrong though, it's looking epic as a whole :)

D1993

Hyper Poster

Ok fair enough, I see.
In that case, would they start working on the other hills and turns. The first airtime hill isnt exactly 'small', it reaches nearly 200 feet.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

D1993 said:
Ok fair enough, I see.
In that case, would they start working on the other hills and turns. The first airtime hill isnt exactly 'small', it reaches nearly 200 feet.

That really shames the UK, having an airtime hill only 14ft smaller than the UK's tallest ride! Shows how much I'm missing...

reddude333

Giga Poster

^ At least it looks like you've been to the US before considering your favorite coaster is Kraken...

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^Yes...only once properly though! And I would would love to go again! I still haven't been to a six flags park though...

Has anyone here been to CW lately? Apparently it's looking MASSIVE, even though the lift hill still isn't complete....probably just because it's a B&M giga...

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

The park is closed for the season, except for Halloween Haunt which only takes place after 7pm, when I went 2 weeks ago, I had trouble getting a good look at it in the dark. But then again 2 weeks isn't exactly recent.

The lift hill is already twice as tall as "Dragon Fire" (the arrow coaster which it goes over).

D1993

Hyper Poster

When the lift hill and drop is done, its going to be complete omfg.

Edit: Theres actually a new update on the blog.

http://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/ ... tinues.cfm

Plus there a few cool photos on the website gallery showing how the supports for the lift hill go right over dragon fire. You can also see the new sort of lift hill support they're using, different to the usual single straight supports all the way straight under the lift hill and the supporting diagonal bits on each couple others.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Do you not think that might be something to do with trying to miss all the other attractions and paths already underneath the coaster? It looks to me like they're having to use supports and funny angles to make sure they don't get too close to anything. :p

ry1996

Mega Poster

Looks great, and the park doesn't close for the season until today, It is the last day today.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

ry1996 said:
Looks great, and the park doesn't close for the season until today, It is the last day today.

yes, that is true but the park isn't open during the day, it only opens at night for the halloween event.

I wonder if they are going to keep the arcade building here (not that it matters, stupid way to try and make some money on the parks part). The station looks like its going to be awful crowded so close to Drop Tower, arcade, and go-karts.

Oct%2029-9.jpg

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^I can't imagine them removing the arcade, however I can see what you mean about the area being crowded. They might...
-Change the entrance
-Retheme it
-Move it?

Just some wild guesses though!

emery96

Roller Poster

Venom2053 said:
yes, that is true but the park isn't open during the day, it only opens at night for the halloween event.
The park is open today for regular operations still, then it opens tonight and tomorrow night for Halloween Haunt.

I wonder if they are going to keep the arcade building here (not that it matters, stupid way to try and make some money on the parks part). The station looks like its going to be awful crowded so close to Drop Tower, arcade, and go-karts.
The park confirmed that nothing will be leaving the park for 2012. As for the entrance, they have removed a few landscaping things in order to make more room. I think it should be fine assuming the entrance stays closer to the arcade building.