What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Alpenfury | Premier Rides Launch Coaster | 2025

What an intriguing ride; I was not expecting this at all!

The layout looks awesome, with some great-looking inversions and a few nice airtime moments in there! I think launching out of the mountain could be really cool; it almost looks like a modern-day resurrection of Volcano from Kings Dominion, in a sense (albeit not inverted, of course)!

I am curious, however, as to why they went with Premier Rides for this over someone like Mack, Intamin, Vekoma or even Gerstlauer. I honestly thought Premier had bowed out of building big, bespoke multi-launch coasters years ago in favour of primarily building Sky Rocket-type rides, so I’m very surprised to see them do something this substantial!

Premier was chosen for a couple different reasons. They’d been drafting up layouts for Cedar Fair Corporate for years (ie Racing coaster proposal at Cedar Point before COVID) and were brought in perhaps when it became clear that B&M wasn’t the best suited for a mountain coaster project, plus they were additionally juggling contracts with major players. Mack, Vekoma, and Intamin also have pretty big wait times for huge scale projects right now, and CW is a park that has been trying to get a lot done in the short term to cope with insane demand. Plus while the budget for this must be through the roof, they’re saving costs by staying North American.

Love the layout and how smoothly it goes into some of those rolls. Just has a really nice flow to the whole thing.