What's new

"Blue Fire" Mack Coaster for Europa Park

A

Anonymous

Looks really nice.

And I just hatched a thought about what those "Extra stuff" on the supports are. What if they have looked to much on Japanese coasters and have decided to add catwalks to the ride?

Lain

Giga Poster
Surely the 'extra stuff' is for nets and such, to catch falling articles, which might otherwise land upon the heads of unsuspecting guests?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
the walkways idea is the best so far i reckon. Although as UC said the overbank doesn't really make sense. unless its incase the ride stalls like it can on the Intamin Rocket coasters. but then it appears a bit low down for a catwalk

Mike T

Mega Poster
coaster2009_1_PopUp.jpg

coaster2009_2_PopUp.jpg

coaster2009_8_PopUp.jpg

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Lain said:
Surely the 'extra stuff' is for nets and such, to catch falling articles, which might otherwise land upon the heads of unsuspecting guests?

But the thing is, why would they have such complex connections for simply safety nets. Surely they'd just use small hooks for that at best.

Also about the catwalks, do they usually not join them straight to the underside of the track? Im just comparing to other companies with similar track so i might be wrong but still..

Harvey

Hyper Poster
UC said:
It's the world's first Mack launched coaster, I believe.

It's also the first Mack with inversions.

Was it really advertised as a "World's First," or was it just a first for Mack...?

They called it a "world novelty" on a sign, when I was there earlier this year, now, perhaps they intended worlds first and didn't translate properly, (and I don't see any worlds firsts worth bragging about here, looks like a great ride though), or, sicne it's Macks own park, they are just faffing on about it being new territory for the manufacturer.

A

Anonymous

The ride looks amazing, and when that theming is complete it will just look immense

A

Anonymous

Hmm, don't normally post here but just had an idea.

Maybe they are for attatching screens like on Silver Star if required:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... r_Star.jpg

They were attatched after locals in the nearby village complained about screaming.

As for Blue Fire, not too certain. It's certainly nearer the town I think. But it's just an other idea to throw out there for you :lol:

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Not sure if this has been posted, so don't shoot me! A neat little NL video of the coaster giving you an idea on how it will ride.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtK72rTL3BM&feature=rec-r2[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

The ride is really starting to look good and the layout looks fantastic.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
With the theming, the ride looks better than Maverick. If that pacing in the video is accurate, then it will be a hell of a ride.

Nick

Mega Poster
I don't think every coaster is compared to maverick. But At the moment we have this and iSpeed which are comparable to maverick because they offer a similar idea, meaning launch plus a mixture of inversions and hills etc.

Maverick is obviously one of the best in its category so I suppose its become a benchmark, which enthusiasts want these new coasters to be like.

Maverick should feel proud :p