What's new

"Blue Fire" Mack Coaster for Europa Park

Harvey

Hyper Poster
As for the purpose of the ride? Ask B&M what Silver Star is supposed to do. I guarantee the answer is "airtime."

Hahahahahahhaaa, hhaaaaaaa, hahahaahahahahaaa, hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa, hahahahhahahaaa, hahahhahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Can't be serious?

Trim.

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh, I nevere thought of that, Kinda like the new Gerstlauer Launch coasters?

The back tiers seem very high and when they are menouvering the corkscrews, they seem, I don't know the correct word, blocky/wide? If you understand what I mean, they seem to large to navigate the element, to put it in better words!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
They look a bit like the Intamin Mega trains, but with an X-Car seat popped on top of it. Really open, so that should be good, its always nice to be able to wave your arms and legs out of the side of a car!

A

Anonymous

More new pictures at: http://www.ep-board.de/

1596_neue_bahn00002_2.jpg

Looks like they have copied the Twisted Horseshoe Roll from Maverick.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I thought Intamin would have put a copyright on the name of the element or something.

It looks really painful to me though. Probably just the angle.

Lofty

CF Legend
Im looking forward to seeing whas gunna be in the rooms before the launch more then the other theming!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
http://www.epfans.info/?id=2290&

Dear God.....

Check out the third photo on the link above for the first part of the overbank out of the loop.... is it me or is that stupidly low... i mean that looks about 1/3 of the height of the loop....
Going to fly through that at some speed. this ride just gets better and better.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Look really tight too! It should be pretty cool overall really. Europa Park was in danger of getting a bit too family-centric, but this'll add to its thrill lineup again. Obviously its not going to hold the same scare-factor as Silver Star, just because of it being much smaller (mind you it has got inversions, and they're scary to the public), but its going to look pretty intimidating compared to every other coaster in EP. They'll be even more complete as a park with Blue Fire.

Really like the name too!

A

Anonymous

I like the trains but am I the only one thinking that the final inline twist will not work. Just like Maverick I knew it would be taken out. This just looks like it could turn out to be a disaster with the launch of the ride and full of delays. I could be wrong but I feel it may not work. Though I am so impressed with how the ride looks ^^

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
What? If the heartlines are removed on this then that's a shame because there's no reason that I can see why they shouldn't. They're near the end of the ride and the ride has burned off a lot of it's speed already. Maverick's heartline was almost right after a launch. I would be more surprised at this not working than I was when Maverick didn't.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe this ride will save Mack's reputation once and for all? Personally, I am as excited about this as I was about Lynet, but it could be the 2009 answer to Maverick...

The name is also cool. Let's just hope that this isn't a project name and that it will be called Volkswagen: die Fahrt

A

Anonymous

it still looks like its going 30-40mph in the heart line roll in the pov. I just either think it will be a painful inversion or too strong for people to cope with and it will be taken out. Thats just my opinion though and it may work. If Mack have done it properly and not rushed it, this should work. But a majority of people thought that about Maverick is all I was saying.

A

Anonymous

Thats true it looks like it has been constructed better. Best luck to the ride, is this like a record breaker with having the most inversion with no over the head restraint?
Well I know the trains go over your head and that but its literally ends up being a lap bar? So is this a record breaker?

marc

CF Legend
Scorpion is one :) It just has a lap bar and have one loop. Same as Twist and Shout in Scotland, same coaster so probably not a good example. Also Thunder Looper I think only had a lap bar, not sure if that was changed when it was moved.

marc

CF Legend
Sorry probably misunderstood what you meant.

What does/did Laser have? as that does more than 1 loop.

Other than the ones I mentioned I can not think of any others tbh.

Seeing how long it takes to load Slammer I can see the throughput on this coaster being a bit slow. But saying that they were very fast on all other rides in that park, probably the best I have ever seen.

marc

CF Legend
Ignore that last post of mine for some stupid reason I got this mixed up with the coaster and Flamingo Land :( it was late at night.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Another smallish update:

http://www.epfans.info/?id=2300&

No more track has been added, this updates more about the new roads etc.. but its pretty clear now that it'll go loop > insane looking overbank > MCBR > maverick style turn + rest.

Looking at the first picture in that update its suprising to see how steep that first turn actually goes. Looks very much like an Immelman turn almost.

A

Anonymous

Ah yeah batman and robin forgot about that one. Cant wait to see how progress goes in the next few weeks :)