What's new

"Blue Fire" Mack Coaster for Europa Park

A

Anonymous

^ I guess that they mean that the maximum vertical g-force is 3.8 since it also says:
Beschleunigung: in 2,5 Sekunden von 0 auf 100 km/h, 1 G
"Acceleration: in 2.5 seconds from 0 to 100 km/h, 1G"

And Dodonpa have a launch force of around 2.6-2.7 g's.

But yeah it looks pretty good, can't wait to see more.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
roomraider said:
entrance to the new area via a tunnel under the river rapids.

Oh that'll be pretty awsome! I was wondering how they were going to sort the issue of the new section of park being on the other side of the road to the car park. The theming should be pretty immence, Europa Park have always done well with this kind of thing.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
EPfans.info said:
Anzahlt der Züge: 5 Stück

My rough german would get 5 trains from this? Thats quite a bunch. Either that or 5 cars per train.. Then I make out 20 people per train, which would be 10 rows of 2 so yeah it'll be quite a long train.

A

Anonymous

^ According to that article they are going to run 5 trains with 5 cars each, and each car holding 4 people forming 20 riders/train.
But the other Mack coasters at Europa park runs multiple trains smoothly and this isn't going to be any different.
My guess would be that they have 2 in the stations Load and Unload, one in the dark section, 1 in the first part of the course and 1 in the final part of the ride. I'm pretty certain that they will load them really fast, especially with only a lap-bar. Heck, the trains on Eurosat and Euro-Mir loads in less then 30 seconds (and 30 seconds is probably way to much).

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
That looks really fantastic. I'm still curious about seeing the final layout just to see how the elements relate to each other. Will be interesting how this will ride-- this is pretty ambitious for Mack.

Lofty

CF Legend
The trains look pretty hot tbh from the video!

I hope the coaster turns out as good as the videos are :p

Gazza

Giga Poster
Just a bit of speculation on my part, but I'm predicting the dark ride section will be themed to an underground cavern (perhaps the story is that you are exploring it?), with the launch of the ride being caused by a steam eruption.
I guess you could draw some similarities with Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Just a bit of speculation on my part,
There you go, pure speculation :wink:

I'm just going by the Icelandic theme and the"discover the pure energy" tag line. It wouldn't strictly be a steam explosion or whatever, but I'm imagining some sort of geothermal (or volcanic) event as being the trigger for the launch.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't think i realised before quite how silver and metallic those supports look.

They're actually quite cool.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
this ride looks mad. Europa Park might be on the horizon for me next year, might have to be now.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I've never realised before how huge that tophat/overbank looks. And the ride looks very good as well, though I hope they work a lot on that concrete bunker.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Yeah, that overbank is a bit epic. This'll be the thrill ride Europa needs I think. Yeah, Silver Star is massive and scary-looking to the average joe-public, but other than that, nothing's 'thrill' in that place, its all just fun and theming. It looks excellent too so far, i'd consider a return visit.

Mark

Strata Poster
^ You aren't the only one.

The vertical loop looks rather large and the overbank is just bizarre. It looks so sharp, if that is the right word.

To be perfectly honest, I really wasn't interested in this coaster as I wasn't expecting anything above the usual family type coaster. BUT judging by the vertical construction, they are pushing the envelope more. Whether it hurtles round the track and gives some intense forces is another matter mind.

I am certainly more interested to see how this pans out.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Where would that be then? Strasbourg? Stuttgart? You'll be nice and close to a B&M Hyper then, lucky you :p

If this turns out to be as intense as it looks like it could be, then I actually think it'll be the missing piece for Europa.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Europa Park (and Silver Star) is appauling. So have fun with that UC. :p

I find this coaster hard to get excited about... Because nothing at Europa is any good.