What's new

"Blue Fire" Mack Coaster for Europa Park

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I think that it'll just end up taking that element slow, from the looks of the banking it'll use most of the speed going up.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Ultimate Coaster said:
Seems like a great spot for advertising, and we shouldn't ignore the fact that Europapark is essentially Mack's personal playground/showcase - it's very possible they could put something there to promote the ride type itself.
Very possible, but remember, Mack is a steel company, not only a coaster manufacturer. If they used that spot for advertising, that would most likely be primarily for the company, not the coaster type. But actually, I could see the ride logo be pinned to those supports, instead of advertising.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
But then again prospective rollercoaster buyers wont just be passing by Europa Park..

"Hey look! That big sign says we can buy our own version of this ride!! Lets get it!!"

Baah, I really can't see Europa Park having a sign up advertising the ride type at all, I think it would be highly pointless. If you've travelled to sample the ride for purchase you wont be needing a sign on the top of the ride telling you something you already know.

Yes, EP is very much a showcase park for Mack rides, but its grown to much much more than that too. The level of theming is incredible, and I'm highly doubtful that they'd spoil it with such a sign. Maybe a sign that says Europa Park, much like the one on Dominator at Dorney or something to that affect but not an advertising sign.

Plus the fact that the smaller supports have the weird bits throws that out the window too. They must have something to do with the actual ride instead.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I can only see them being for some sort of themeing. Is it supposed to have a Icelandic theme? I think I read that somewhere?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
^Yeah, it says it on the same page as some of the advertisements...actually, it was in a post on the last page, I believe.

Perhaps it'll be like, a mountain or something, ala Everest?

I don't know.

Ah right.

And yeah I was thinking something along those lines.
Glacier?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Everest actually has three support systems within its structure - the coaster itself, the building, and the Yeti - and all three had to be designed so that they DO NOT TOUCH at even a single point.

If they did, the vibrations of the track/yeti would tear apart the mountain, which must not move, and the Yeti would've damaged the coaster system. The inside of Everest is literally a jungle of three different support systems - none of which have any contact with the other two.

Are they any pics of this? It sounds really interesting.
Like without the mountain Facade.

Ben

CF Legend
Out of interest what is Europe's tallest loop at the moment? Off the top of my head id say Superman in Madrid? anyone know better?

Katun, Stunt Fall and Khan enter the loops quicker, but I'm not sure on the size of them. Khan's faster through its loop, so... I'd say Stunt Fall is faster backwards through that loop, but it's "only" 102ft tall...

That was helpful. Well done Ben.

Though the tallest inversion is Abismo :p.

A

Anonymous

48efb06371121a66.jpg

48efb05971096e93.jpg

I give you the biggest cock up of the year! The top of the loop didn't fit, there are going to be some very angry people!

Ohhh how we can laugh!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^The bottom image isn't right. Something is wrong.

I can't believe that. If the top of the loop truly doesn't fit then someone will be in a lot of trouble. I can't see how that can have happened.

Edit: The faulty image has been removed.

A

Anonymous

Yup, it's true. One of the biggest coaster cock-ups in history.

A

Anonymous

Didn't Maurer Söhne do something similar with Abismo? I know that they had some kind of problem getting the twisty bit to fit.

Well I guess they aren't as familiar to do loops and such...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That's why you don't let bridge builders build your roller coasters.

I wonder what this does to the company's reputation with the park?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
That is Laughable. How on earth did this happen!?

You'd think they'd know what they are doing. Even if they don't have much experience with inversions, that's not much of an excuse.