What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Dar

Hyper Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

Given that the support numbers on that picture line-up with the markings in the pictures on PBE, I think you're on to a winner.

Either that or someone's very dedicated to the troll.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

Okay. As someone who hasn't seen any plans from behind the scenes, and assuming these are real plans, I think that layout looks pretty promising.

The top hat element caught my attention as it seems to be a linear one, as opposed to the more common turn to the left or right. I'm wondering whether it will be tall enough to go over the lift of the Big One.

Someone cough twice if I'm right...

Temleh

Mega Poster

Jamesss said:
Okay. As someone who hasn't seen any plans from behind the scenes, and assuming these are real plans, I think that layout looks pretty promising.

The top hat element caught my attention as it seems to be a linear one, as opposed to the more common turn to the left or right. I'm wondering whether it will be tall enough to go over the lift of the Big One.

Someone cough twice if I'm right...

Cough once.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Jamesss said:
The top hat element caught my attention as it seems to be a linear one, as opposed to the more common turn to the left or right.

I guess it would be like Kennywood's Sky Rocket or Dodonpa. I kind of hope it would be an inverted version.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Would look cool if it goes over the PMBO lift, be a nice nod to the old rumours of the accelerator out to sea.

Temleh

Mega Poster

Going by the location of the footers, I would bet that the top hat is just before the Big One's lift hill. I can see it diving under it rather than going over it! :)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I'd rather it not go over The Big One tbh, famous photos of the iconic lift hill would be wrecked.
Littarly so excited for this though!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

owentaylor121 said:
I'd rather it not go over The Big One tbh, famous photos of the iconic lift hill would be wrecked.
I bet goons circa 1992-4 were saying the same thing about Big Dipper being overshadowed by the Big One! Personally I don't think The BO's lift hill is iconic...well it is from the Promenade side....and I quite like way everything at PBB is on top of one another. I consider the park's jumbled upness characterful and iconic. It'll add to it.

Sandman

Giga Poster

So, where's this image cropped up from? And since a few people are in the know on this forum, could they indirectly confirm that this is pretty much what we're expecting? (By indirectly, I mean say yes or no).

Ben

CF Legend

I could confirm if this is what I'm expecting or not, why'd you ask?

Sandman

Giga Poster

Ben said:
I could confirm if this is what I'm expecting or not, why'd you ask?

Confirm if this is what you're expecting. Then I know what to expect from what you're expecting. There's a lot of expectation here.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

Its probably the layout and it looks great, definitely better than Blue Fire but perhaps not Helix. Good variety in the layout that has airtime and isn't dominated by inversion after inversion. I predict enthusiasts will be split on whether it or Nemesis is the number 1 coaster in the UK.

Sandman

Giga Poster

The thing is, this does have the potential to top Helix. I think a Mack launcher like this is going to have a great flow, especially if it's in a tightly packed park like Pleasure Beach. It's going to be surrounded by a lot of rides and have to interact with some. The idea of realistically riding a brand new decent coaster in Pleasure Beach is just something we've never had to comprehend before.

Lofty

CF Legend

That layout is the layout that I've seen, in numerous formats. It's legit.

Sandman

Giga Poster

Vince-Happy-600x250.jpg

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

Are the Go Karts closing for this? I notice the first part of the layout follows the go kart track. Maybe some ground hugging turns?

Lofty

CF Legend

Think Cheetah Hunt's ravine turns but more drawn out.