What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Sandman

Giga Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2017

Ian said:
The Screamscape rumour is what I've been hearing for a while now.

Imagine 2018 - Chessie gets the Juvelen type cred, Alton gets the woodie and Blackpool get a Mack. It will be the best year since 1994! Hopefully Flamingoland will chime in with something, too. And Paramount London will only be three years away!

I genuinely feel like Mingo could be a part of the 2018 coaster race. They'll be due another major investment by 2017/2018.

Smithy

Strata Poster

nadroJ said:
I think Mark was more poking fun about the fact that like, so many people on here know rather than gloating? Like, you gloat when it's just you, but when it's as many as know about this then, yh, it's poking fun.

Also, ner ner ner ner, I know what it iiiiiiis!

That may not be the intention and I don't want to speak on others behalf but it does come across as gloating as such, at least when it's repeated multiple times.

Dar

Hyper Poster

It's OK Smithy, I don't know either. Last I heard they were moving Traumatizer from Southport

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

I 'know' its a Mack launch like Helix but its no good being that coaster type if its a meh layout. I'll be somewhat dissappointed if its only as short as Shockwave at Drayton and over in 30-40 seconds so I hope it has some length and variety to it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Smithy said:
That may not be the intention and I don't want to speak on others behalf but it does come across as gloating as such, at least when it's repeated multiple times.
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. But obviously those with inside information can't release everything they know. I would LOVE to share the images I've seen and the information I know about all the 'secret' things I've heard, but by doing so I could jeopardise my relationship with the parks and any future career in the industry. Don't see it so much as gloating, but if 'those in the know' keep bleating on about it, take it as a sign that what is potential proposed is going to fabulously good and they are itching to say more.

With this project in particular, everything is out there for the finding anyway. I have no objections to anybody posting the images, info snippets or other relating stuff on CF, but understand that 'those in the know' can't for reasons stated above.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

All I know is that it's a Mack multi launcher similar to Helix and it's rumoured to be replacing the current car ride (with the station where the car ride station is) and sprawling around that area and the old boat ride.
It will open in 2018, 2016 is prepping the site, 2017 building it.

If the above is right then brilliant, I'll keep an eye out for any plans which surface to see the layout, other than that, bring on construction :)

If anyone wants to give me more details I'll happily take them and update everyone on behalf of the coaster gods.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

I just hope it really is like Helix and not like Poo Fire.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

Serena said:
and not like Poo Fire.

Out of interest, what didn't you like about it? It doesn't look like the most forceful coaster in the world but it I reckon it would be a solid 9/10 ride for me whilst Helix would be a 10

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

cjbrandy said:
Serena said:
and not like Poo Fire.

Out of interest, what didn't you like about it? It doesn't look like the most forceful coaster in the world but it I reckon it would be a solid 9/10 ride for me whilst Helix would be a 10
Yeah I'm pretty sure Blue Fire is rated pretty highly, I can't recall ever hearing a 'bad' review about it.
Going by the plans thought this is definitely more Helix than Blue Fire.

Ben

CF Legend

It's very Helix and trust me, no one will be disappointed. The layout is **** AMAZING. I think it's just over 4000ft, and has a lot to it.

nadroJ

CF Legend

owentaylor121 said:
cjbrandy said:
Serena said:
and not like Poo Fire.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Blue Fire is rated pretty highly, I can't recall ever hearing a 'bad' review about it.
Going by the plans thought this is definitely more Helix than Blue Fire.

It's just MEH. Like, it looks incredible and should be **** amazing but it loses all its oomph on the first overbank and it's just dull from there.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

If it makes anyone feel any better I know nothing "in the know" about this coaster :p

But then I know loads about Chinese parks you'll never visit... Wait you don't care? oh fine then. I won't tell you about the epic new Jungle mouse coming to that province you've never heard of. :p

I digress. I've not been to BPB since before Infusion but any coaster along the lines of what people say would probably get my ass in gear and get me up there again.

Dar

Hyper Poster

Is there a facebook group or something where these plans reside? Or is there some special google incantation you have to use to get access? Or is just the ride designed by BigAl on TST?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

I thought they were just rumours like the Forbidden Valley wooden coaster. I can't even comprehend it something like this exisitng at in at a non-Merlin UK park tbh, especailly one near me! it just seems to good to be true :p

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

I'm not in the know but if the enthusiasts who are say it's going to be amazing and that there's a lot to it, I'm satisfied :--D I'm pretty certain we're about to see something that's easily the best coaster in the UK and perhaps one of the top 10 in the whole of Europe!

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

nadroJ said:
I think Mark was more poking fun about the fact that like, so many people on here know rather than gloating? Like, you gloat when it's just you, but when it's as many as know about this then, yh, it's poking fun.

Also, ner ner ner ner, I know what it iiiiiiis!

Precisely this. So many people on here who I know full well know what this is are all like "Oh. I wonder what they're building?", it's funny.

So, yeah, Smithy - that's it…

Temleh

Mega Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

Could this be the layout?

fP6YEm3.jpg