What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

Another picture here, although..there is a lack of footers in this one.

207782_10151440904023185_1412853021_n.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster

^^ Wait so it might go like this? (Excuse crappy paint skills)

O6bQq.png

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Tbh, that seems like the most likely ^

Nothing ground breaking but a nice introduction to the ride =).

Martyn B

CF Legend

Ethan said:
^^ Wait so it might go like this? (Excuse crappy paint skills)

O6bQq.png

Yeah you're pretty much spot on. But what happens after that inline and before the lift is anyone's guess...

Smithy

Strata Poster

Maybe there's trick track? Like, you drop out the station, down the drop through the inversion, and then back through the station (alongside lul) and back through that same section 3 times.

Yeah that sounded better in my head

Martyn B

CF Legend

The rest of their photos are up now, and there literally isn't any other footers on the site at all. Why would that be? Why build a small section of fully, whilst the rest is just MUD?

Krazycoaster

Roller Poster

Martyn B said:
The rest of their photos are up now, and there literally isn't any other footers on the site at all. Why would that be? Why build a small section of fully, whilst the rest is just MUD?
They're aiming to get the indoor bit done so they can get it covered up so that they can concentrate on the rest of the coaster.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Krazycoaster said:
Martyn B said:
They're aiming to get the indoor bit done so they can get it covered up so that they can concentrate on the rest of the coaster.

I too doubt what you're saying is true. So say it as if you're sure of it...

RobJackson85

Roller Poster

I've just been browsing the plans again, and, correct me if this has already been mentioned, but .....

... the section after the cobra roll heading too the final turn and brake run, could that have an inline twist and/or a corkscrew/flat-spin/what ever Gerstlauer call them there?

This could be a way of introducing more inversions, thus going for the inversion record? Mind you, looking at the recent pictures the cobra roll doesn't seem to invert fully, more just a heavy banking.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I think 13 will have to be the inversion record since a 12/11 inverter is being built in China. A Vekoma Steel Suspended.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Some of the shots of it make it look stunning, such a beautiful interlocking of inversion.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Intimidator 305 said:
11 Inversions would a new record, but a User at Towersstreet.com wrote that a park in Japan opened a 12 Inversion Coaster this year.... is this true??

A 12 looping coaster already opened in Japan? No that's a load of crap, if only there was some sort of rollercoaster database to find out the answers to questions like this.

Intimidator 305 said:
Rumors says Saw 7 have 13 or 14 Loopings

Funny, because I have seen that film and I don't remember the part with "13 or 14 loopings" not unless Jigsaw strapped somebody into the euthanasia coaster and I missed it?

Intimidator 305 said:
i am hope the 12 Inversion Coaster for Japan is true..

Your are disappointed then as it is not, there is however an 11 inverted ride opening at Jingling Happy World in China.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster

Colossus said:
Intimidator 305 said:
11 Inversions would a new record, but a User at Towersstreet.com wrote that a park in Japan opened a 12 Inversion Coaster this year.... is this true??

A 12 looping coaster already opened in Japan? No that's a load of crap, if only there was some sort of rollercoaster database to find out the answers to questions like this.

Intimidator 305 said:
Rumors says Saw 7 have 13 or 14 Loopings

Funny, because I have seen that film and I don't remember the part with "13 or 14 loopings" not unless Jigsaw strapped somebody into the euthanasia coaster and I missed it?

Intimidator 305 said:
i am hope the 12 Inversion Coaster for Japan is true..

Your are disappointed then as it is not, there is however an 11 inverted ride opening at Jingling Happy World in China.
Guys the 11 inversion coaster in China is not open and it also has track problems and if this has 11 inversions it will be the record for now

T0M

Hyper Poster

I don't believe they would attempt to beat the record by a single inverion. I think 14 is more likely to give themselves a bit of breathing room.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

I DON'T think they'll go for an inversion record, I don't think they'll do a trick track. I seriously think people are ignoring the most exciting aspect of the ride (the duelling)! And hoping for something that's clearly not there. I know TTF are trying to make out like they know everything and they're "working with AT" but seriously, a cute little in-line is what I'd expect they're blocking, it's a nice introduction to a fantastic layout. I've said it once and I'll say it gone what more do you want?! That "knot" is breath taking, and I'm sure even more so in person and in motion, then add 5 more inversions..AND the duelling aspect! Stop being greedy guys.

I'm fully aware that a looping duelling coaster is not a "worlds first" but they rarely come along. And it's really exciting to see one come to the UK, I'm sure Alton can manipulate their marketing to justify their wording.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

I just love how TTF have censored a barrell roll...

Working closely with Towers, via a large barge pole holding them away because of releasing the 'secret element concept' a month or so ago...

Lofty

CF Legend

When they say, "Working closely with Alton Towers", what they really mean is, "We don't want to all get on the ban list and piss Towers off more".

Loving the indoor drop and barrel roll. The best parts of Saw.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster

bob_3_ said:
I DON'T think they'll go for an inversion record, I don't think they'll do a trick track. I seriously think people are ignoring the most exciting aspect of the ride (the duelling)! And hoping for something that's clearly not there. I know TTF are trying to make out like they know everything and they're "working with AT" but seriously, a cute little in-line is what I'd expect they're blocking, it's a nice introduction to a fantastic layout. I've said it once and I'll say it gone what more do you want?! That "knot" is breath taking, and I'm sure even more so in person and in motion, then add 5 more inversions..AND the duelling aspect! Stop being greedy guys.

I'm fully aware that a looping duelling coaster is not a "worlds first" but they rarely come along. And it's really exciting to see one come to the UK, I'm sure Alton can manipulate their marketing to justify their wording.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on this. Yes I know in my last post I mentioned about an inversion record, but, I'm not that hung up on the 'worlds first/beating' advertising jargon.

What impresses me most, is the fact Alton have managed to build a decent sized multi looping coaster! Also in the closest part of the park too the grumpy neighbours!

Hands up here who thought this would never happen due too the height restriction!?

The general public will lap this up no matter what the SW is. In my eyes, for Alton, this is a great coaster too build.

Posting on the go via Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.