What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

Alton have been toying with the idea for quite some time about adding a permanent Scare Attraction

But, a year after Thorpe closed theirs due to running costs/popularity etc?

Lofty

CF Legend

They were toying with it at the same time that Saw Alive was opening. Then they added the "Scare Attraction" element to Sub-Terra that has been operating since the phase 2 came into action. I'd expect The Sanctuary just to be open for a month or so to be honest with you whilst the coaster sets in. But as I said, it's literally the ONLY attraction that's been kept in it's place since Scarefest, mainly due to it using areas of the Towers that are not accessible to the General Public, so there was no need for removing it. It's clever, because at the drop of a hat they can get it up and running for special events, busy days etc, so being a "Permanent Attraction" doesn't mean it will be open continuously.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

^Thanks for clearing that up, makes a bit mores sense now.

STC

Mega Poster

Dar said:
Unfortunately, I think that's a label on the construction fence in the middle ground.

Interesting to see what's happening in the pit, especially when it's not shown on the plans!

I'm not sure, it's kinda odd looking.

Looks like the fitting for some sort of light, with a gel over it? But it's far too early in the construction process for that.

It'd be cool of SW7 was the first ride (that I know of) that had its night-time and Halloween lights planned and installed during construction. Instead of tacked on like they are on all the other Towers rides. It'd be great to have them permanent installed, ready to just be switched on come October and November! :D

elephant58

Hyper Poster

According to TT, ther will be an aerial update at 6:30 tonight. And if anyone hadn't noticed, there is a small update on Towers Street's facebook page.

Martyn B

CF Legend

BAfntTGCEAAVJrC.jpg

Love it!

scw55

Hyper Poster

Martyn B said:

That seems so appropriate for the implied theme.

Subtle. Sense of nostalgia. Sense of interaction with the general public.

If Derren Brown could have got involved with the SW7 project it could have potentially been a great thing. I've seen Facebook photos of him riding AT rides which implies he thinks of the Theme Park in a positive light.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Hmmmm, I wonder why it's been obscured. They still haven't done much... impressive pic though!

marc

CF Legend

I actually think they have done a lot after that picture last week, it's coming on well now.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Looks like Goth Spaghetti.

And the sticker does heavily imply a secret aspect or an aspect which AT can market.
Could be a mechanism. A car. A train. Even the shape of some track that heavily implies something. Wooo stuff to speculate on summarised in one line.

The image might explain why it's impossible for me to load the TT's forum page.

Looking at that iconic element (which I stole for my RCT3 projects), the "Batwing" looks more like two complete Diving Loops.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Because of the extra traffic possibly they tried to drum up on social Media based on their images?
And then word of mouth when the image was shared on Social Media.
And it looks like the external track is almost half-way constructed.

Martyn B

CF Legend

So it looks like there's an inline twist after that drop, do you think they could fit two more of them in before the first lift? Making it 11 inversion, a world record?

Edit: From looking at this again, I dont think there is room for two.

sw7planoverview.png

Status
Not open for further replies.