What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

Mark said:
Erm, not to throw a cat amongst a the pidgeons and dredge up this old discussion but, wasn't it Maurer Sohne that did a promo video showing how comfortable the trains & restraints. They had one of the XCar trains with people on a track and then rotated it upside down etc. The train was stationary on the track of course. :p

This isn't the original video I saw, but have a look from 1.14... Its the same thing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOAPSsCmJ-Q[/youtube]

PS. Only being half serious of course. Just thought it was an interesting development on the manufacturer discussion.

There you go.

Nic

Strata Poster

I see. Hmmm, I see what you're getting at, but I don't think that a mock up/prototype is enough to say that it wouldn't be a World's first (assuming this is what Alton are up to.) All of their "World firsts" have been a bit tenuous, and this is nowhere near as bad as some of the others *cough*air*cough*

Martyn B

CF Legend

I dont quite think what MS made could count as the worlds first really, as that was probably just a prototype with people testing it. Its not actually been done on a coaster yet, so technically, Alton should be within their rights to claim the worlds first element.

Smithy

Strata Poster

The press release says world first rollercoaster, not world first element.

marc

CF Legend

Yes know what you mean Nic, that was not part of a full track so yeah probably would not count tbh.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Martyn B said:
Do they ever say worlds first element?

Wasn't meant to look like a reply to you btw, was replying to the video link put up. Practically said the same thing as you anyway

darrenhosker

Roller Poster

Surprised nobody has picked up on this yet, posted on Facebook today by TowersNerd.

326848_10151205513012225_1472803590_o.jpg

Montario

Roller Poster

^I saw that on the towersstreet forum yesterday, I thought it wasn't significant enoguh to post. At the end of the day, its just more track right?

Coasterlover

Roller Poster

^ squeed? :D

I'm getting more excited now there's supports+track, can't wait for vertical construction.

Jake

Strata Poster

^^^^^^ That X Car thing doesn't really count.

It was more... a single car fixed to a cage thing. They had it at Drayton when they were building G Force (they didn't use it, but it did sit there for a few months).

Hardly the same as having it on an actual ride, during normal operations.

I see what you're getting at, but yeah, it would still be a world first I think.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Hang on a minute people. What actual evidence is there that its this washing machine ****? Isn't it all just based on someone saying the logo looks 'spinny'?

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Some of the shaping on those tracks is pretty extreme, gonna be exciting to see just how well the train will negotiate the course.

318853_397080560362394_1436306589_n.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Mysterious Sue said:
Hang on a minute people. What actual evidence is there that its this washing machine ****? Isn't it all just based on someone saying the logo looks 'spinny'?
Yeah, this did occur to me the other day. I just assumed I'd missed something in all the hype.

the king

Mega Poster

Mysterious Sue said:

It was based on a person on towerstimes saying that they knew what the world's first was. So they told towerstimes and towerstimes posted it on there news page, which was very silly of them to do so if it is true.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

It's one of those "sounds too plausible to ignore" things. No way guaranteed, but most likely. However, certainly not in the slightest confirmed!

scw55

Hyper Poster

the king said:
Mysterious Sue said:

It was based on a person on towerstimes saying that they knew what the world's first was. So they told towerstimes and towerstimes posted it on there news page, which was very silly of them to do so if it is true.

The person was also called Spindoctor and had a spiral logo. I asked him if it was a coincidence and he didn't know what I meant :mad:
It's from 'many reliable sources' which aren't credited. It's basically a rumour which TT strongly believes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.