What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spin_doctor

Roller Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

I dont remember you asking me if my signature was a co-incidence. I explained previously that the spiral in my signature, which has been there since 2005 is reflective of the now removed 'Spin Doctor' ride at Blackpool Pleasure Beach which was my favourite ride at the time I created the account.

I would also like to add, (I explained this is towerstimes forum already) that I wasnt the person to tell Towers Times about the rotating track. I didnt know this was the secret element and havent heard anything even now. The only information I had and the information I told towerstimes was with regards to what made the ride world beating, and this is that it will invert a total of 14 times. How they achieve this I dont know. Towers Times claimed to have multiple sources for the washing machine track and glass floor, one of which was NOT me.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Spin_doctor said:
I dont remember you asking me if my signature was a co-incidence. I explained previously that the spiral in my signature, which has been there since 2005 is reflective of the now removed 'Spin Doctor' ride at Blackpool Pleasure Beach which was my favourite ride at the time I created the account.

I would also like to add, (I explained this is towerstimes forum already) that I wasnt the person to tell Towers Times about the rotating track. I didnt know this was the secret element and havent heard anything even now. The only information I had and the information I told towerstimes was with regards to what made the ride world beating, and this is that it will invert a total of 14 times. How they achieve this I dont know. Towers Times claimed to have multiple sources for the washing machine track and glass floor, one of which was NOT me.

Thanks for the clarification. If it's any help, when I first heard about this ride before the official announcement, I was told "Gerstlauer, Eurofighter, Blackhole site and 14 inversions". The only thing that the plans didn't tie up were the 14 inversions. Everything else was right and the washing machine is the only feasible way I can think of of beating the inversions (as cheating and despicable as it is).

Pierre

Strata Poster

scw55 said:
the king said:
Mysterious Sue said:
Hang on a minute people. What actual evidence is there that its this washing machine ****? Isn't it all just based on someone saying the logo looks 'spinny'?

It was based on a person on towerstimes saying that they knew what the world's first was. So they told towerstimes and towerstimes posted it on there news page, which was very silly of them to do so if it is true.

The person was also called Spindoctor and had a spiral logo. I asked him if it was a coincidence and he didn't know what I meant :mad:
It's from 'many reliable sources' which aren't credited. It's basically a rumour which TT strongly believes in.

I don't know why but your 'cross' face just really made that post - chuckling to myself at the kitchen table now like an idiot.

Anyway, I know this 'washing machine' rumour is exactly that but according to said rumour, whats it supposed to do? Because I can just imagine the car spinning and being sprayed with water which would NOT be my idea of fun...

Montario

Roller Poster

Pierre said:
Anyway, I know this 'washing machine' rumour is exactly that but according to said rumour, whats it supposed to do?

^I agree, what is it that makes the rumour a 'washing machine' element? Is it the spinning, the water effects, disorientation...temperature? What does it mean and how would it work?

Also, sorry to go off topic but, I take my point back about the disagreement of roughness on Eurofighters. I went on SAW yesterday with what you guys said in my mind the whole time...I thought my head was falling off the amount of times it jerked my neck :p. I don't remember experiencing such 'roughness' when I rode it last year.

the king

Mega Poster

owenrita121 said:
Martyn B said:
Do I see 'fake' supports in that pic?
I was thinking this aswell, maybe they are a new type of supports for Gerstlauer?

That 'fake' support is the way Gerstlauer place their supports in the ground. Instead of using screws like manufacturers such as Intamin or B&M, Gerstlauer pour concrete in the hole while the grey part is in it. Like Maurer Sohne do with theirs, only Gerstaluer don't use the cross things from what I'm aware of.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Went to towers yesterday. Must say rather dissapointed that there wasn't any actors around X-sector. But to be honest the only actors I found was about 2 outside the sancutary.

They sure aren't hyping the ride like they usually do but im starting to forget about it even though it's the closest new coaster to open next year.

Lancebloke

Roller Poster

Montario said:
Pierre said:
Anyway, I know this 'washing machine' rumour is exactly that but according to said rumour, whats it supposed to do?

^I agree, what is it that makes the rumour a 'washing machine' element? Is it the spinning, the water effects, disorientation...temperature? What does it mean and how would it work?

You can see someones made up rendering of the idea a few pages back. There is a rumour that this will have 14 inversions, only 8 or 9 of which can be seen on the outside track. That would mean anything up to 6 inversions would need to take place in the indoor section.

That section itself isn't big enough to fit 6 standard inversions (unless we are all missing something here) and that gave rise to the 'washing machine'.... i.e. going in, stopping, being rotated 6 times giving you the inversions, then coming back out and heading off.

The premise of the ride seems to be around this Ministry of Joy thing and the swirly logo face seems to imply spinning or brainwashing giving further, albeit woolly, substantiation to this element being real.

the king

Mega Poster

Gerstlauer are now on site.

6223_398615696875547_1236633858_n.jpg

Picture taken from Towersstreet's facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/#!/TowersStreet

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

But it could still be B&M? Working with them maybe? Yeah?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Poor Gerstlauer, I almost feel sorry for them...then I remember Typhoon...

Cheers for the clarification over the 'washing machine' rumour everyone. Let's hope, whatever it is, that it's set to short spin, and they pull it off without Alton being hung out to dry...

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

I almost think the washing machine section is pretty much certain. How about this way though to help capacity

There are 2 washing machine elements side by side
The Duel Station
Car 1 leaves, enters washing machine element 1
Track switches as Washing machine 1 does 3 spins
Car 2 enters washing machine 2, while washing machine 1 does 3 more spins, car 2 doing it's first 3 spins while track changes
Car 3 enters washing machine 1 as washing machine 2 does final 3 spins on car 2. Track changes.

Couldn't something like that happen to help capacity. I've gotta rush but if someone could help by working the throughput if it would be worse or better, that would be great. Thankyou :--D

Smithy

Strata Poster

I love how far Alton are going to hide that B&M are the ride manufacturers from us, the lengths they've gone to are immense!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

I'm still betting on Pinfari.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Oh god, don't even joke about that. There's a line ;)

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Strong rumours are coming in saying that Sw7 will be called "THE SMILER"

Weird name but this is not a 100% confirmation yet.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I hope it isn't called that. Sounds like a name for a rapist or someone along those lines...

Might just be me...

Awkward.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

If the name is 'The Smiler' i'm moving out of staffordshire and never stepping foot in x sector again.

Status
Not open for further replies.