What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

They'll trademark loads of names before they decide the final, who knows, it could be the name for the secret element.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

The Grape Wizard said:
They'll trademark loads of names before they decide the final, who knows, it could be the name for the secret element.

I almost posted something very similar, and then realised that what I was doing was knee-jerk defending something I didn't like, rather than actually looking at things properly.

I think you're right, and they will trademark a few different things (The Smiler may not be the ride itself, but the avatar/character figure used to represent The Ministry of Joy and it will appear on Merch), but at this stage, I think everything like this we see will be in the ride.

It's a little like still denying it'll be a Gerstlauer to deny this won't be in the ride itself (unless The Smiler is already a Trademark somewhere).

nadroJ

CF Legend

Surely The Smiler is the logo they've been plastering everywhere? It must be.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Lol how about The Smiler as the park mascot guys?! :lol:

To be honest I would think it would be for the creepy face or the secrate element. Or the smiler could be a weird doctor we haven't seen in the sancutary and be like a joker sorta figure who goes to extreme limits to get people to smile where he has his latest contraption. The Washing Machine element.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

Going to go with the general consensus that 'The Smiler' will be for either the logo that's been everywhere r some other sort of unknown mascot for the ride.

Surely they're not that unimaginative and call a rollercoaster The Smiler.... If it comes out this is the name before December, maybe the world will end in 2012....

Martyn B

CF Legend

Doesn't look like the kind of website that they'll update as construction progress's.

I do hope we can get some updated over winter, there's a lot of track to go up and I look forward to seeing it grow!

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

Martyn B said:
Doesn't look like the kind of website that they'll update as construction progress's.

I do hope we can get some updated over winter, there's a lot of track to go up and I look forward to seeing it grow!

Towerstimes have promised weekly updates over the closed season. However their method is a bit desperate in my opinion, paying a helicopter company to take photo's as they teach their flying lessons? What a waste of money, if they did that for Th13teen would it matter now? we're all going to see it in february anyway, unless Alton block x sector off from Spinball and the bridge as rides past there aren't open for half term.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah, that's a bit much really.

It's not like ariel photo's will actually be that good anyway.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

The Grape Wizard said:
Martyn B said:

Towerstimes have promised weekly updates over the closed season. However their method is a bit desperate in my opinion, paying a helicopter company to take photo's as they teach their flying lessons? What a waste of money, if they did that for Th13teen would it matter now? we're all going to see it in february anyway, unless Alton block x sector off from Spinball and the bridge as rides past there aren't open for half term.

X sector will be closed off during Febuary. So their is a good chance that from Spinball it will be blocked off. If they do that the most we will see is the top of the lift hill and phreaps a bit of steel from the inversions.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I'm sure they wont close it from Spinball, making people walk all the way around the lake to get to Dark Forest etc...

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Here is a quick, rough image I made of how I don't think it would be that much of a trek to get to Hex, etc...

2744954906_3da3559188_z-1-1.jpg

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

Dark Forest isn't open, however cloud cuckoo land is so you will be able to see SW7. Plus vantage points from the top of the towers

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Is this talk of TT paying a helicopter company serious?

WTF?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

the king

Mega Poster

The Grape Wizard said:
Towerstimes have promised weekly updates over the closed season. However their method is a bit desperate in my opinion, paying a helicopter company to take photo's as they teach their flying lessons?

Sorry to ask, but is this confirmed? Because if it is, my goodness that is the most desperate thing I've ever heard just to see how a coaster is going so far. Why don't they just go to the road near X-Sector, since it will be winter and the leaves will be down. Anyway, that's them.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

the king said:
The Grape Wizard said:
Towerstimes have promised weekly updates over the closed season. However their method is a bit desperate in my opinion, paying a helicopter company to take photo's as they teach their flying lessons?

Sorry to ask, but is this confirmed? Because if it is, my goodness that is the most desperate thing I've ever heard just to see how a coaster is going so far. Why don't they just go to the road near X-Sector, since it will be winter and the leaves will be down. Anyway, that's them.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...67580553185.398488.70172603184&type=3&theater

They're using several different companies, it's the most ridiculous thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.