What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

I was actually thinking the same thing Sean, really does seem a waste.

Swat

Hyper Poster

We already know the layout and have a rough idea on how the themeings going to look so the whole flying over is in my opinion a bit of a waste of time. It's even more so now they are blurring out the only unknown element.

Each to their own I guess.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Might find Alton are in on it to help create a buzz amongst enthusiasts. Wouldn't be surprised to see ''the lengths some of our fans went to to try and unearth the rides secrets include...'' feature at some point.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Krazycoaster said:
Alton are already in agreement with the helicopter company and the photo takers; the sceret weapon will be blurred out of photos before they are uploaded.
Source regarding this info?

Find it hard to believe they will go to this much effort.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Swat said:
We already know the layout and have a rough idea on how the themeings going to look so the whole flying over is in my opinion a bit of a waste of time. It's even more so now they are blurring out the only unknown element. .

People still like to see the construction process. I may know the layout, but I still love seeing it being built.

Dar

Hyper Poster

I think it's less Alton being in on it and more that there's nothing Alton can do about the helicopter so to maintain some form of relationship they've got them to agree to blur the secret element.

I'm sure the pictures will be great but still, it reeks of desperation and "I have money! Love me!"

Also, still not sold on the washing machine.

Krazycoaster

Roller Poster

The decision to blur out the photo is to keep the speculation high for those who do not want to know what the secret element is. The people taking the photo will get to see the secret element, it's just a metter of loading the photos into Photoshop and using the blur tool before they post them.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Again, source?

You don't have one, do you?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Towers Times are definitely using a local helicopter company to take photos if that's what you mean Joey?

Or that's what they are claiming and the above photo seems to prove it.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

No, I'm talking about Alton blurring them.

Because that seems far fetched to think they would bother with the expense.

Edit: something a little weird about the idea that fans will pay more than the company providing the media in the first place.

Pierre

Strata Poster

Alton will have an in-house legal team that could draw up such a clause without much expense I imagine?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Nah, that'll be simple.

Towers Times: "We're going to fly over and take photos and there is nothing Alton can do to stop us. Muhahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!"

Alton Towers: "Alton Towers is private property and entrance to Alton Towers is by implied invitation. Invitation and access to the resort can be revoked for [insert names of the people running Towers Times here (who we can assume a lot of staff members will know)] at any time. Your call"

Towers Times: "How about we blur the photos and don't announce anything, but at least we have them for a construction gallery in the future?"

Alton Towers: "How you waste your money is up to you... We're keeping our fingers on the ban hammer though, just in case..."

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I bet even simpler...

TT: "we are going to pay a helicopter to photograph the secret element!"

AT: ... *even the crickets don't care enough to chirp*

Creatively, they'll care. I would, wouldn't anyone trying to produce something secret and mysterious and magical? But will the actual people in charge at the park be willing to put in the time and effort, in vein, to try? I just, cant see it? Can you?

They've made no such cares in recent times because its just too difficult. Enthusiasts are just too burdenous to even try to combat. They've started using the community to their advantage for marketing, if anything. No other park chain in the world has to deal with the crap Merlin do from fans, and Alton is worst hit. Busch Williamsburg is pretty hard hit, and they aren't half as tolerant as Alton, but they've arguably then got to deal with a backlash of fans who put out a bad name for their customer service.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Or TT get exclusive pictures of the secret element and the general public....never ever see them or give a damn

Nic

Strata Poster

Mysterious Sue said:
Or TT get exclusive pictures of the secret element and the general public....never ever see them or give a damn
This. I know we like to think of ourselves as the be all and end all, but in reality enthusiasts make up such a small part of a park's business that I don't imagine they're actually that bothered. The only time they really care is when, as Joey said, they're able to put us to good use for something.

How many of the GP are going to bother to go looking for pictures of the new coaster before it opens anyway? And of those who do, if they saw an aerial shot, would they know what they were looking at anyway?

Of course, as Mark says, this'll all be immaterial as soon as Alton put it on a poster and show the whole thing on cocking Daybreak anyway.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Why the hell would somebody waste that much money to look at ride construction? Also, I don't understand the obsession with "worlds first" and all that garbage with the British parks. It seems like everything is "worlds first" or along those lines. Just kind of silly to me. The amount of time people spend trying to snoop on this ride is pretty sad. It opens in March, why not just be surprised? I'm sure Alton will post some pictures of construction anyway, as all parks seem to do that now. Also don't get the "secret weapon" thing, but whatever. This ride will surely be hailed as best ever, or worst ever, no where in the middle.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I have the opinion to agree to disagree with regards the value of taking some construction photographs.

It seems extreme but, then again, I remember the documentary about Oblivion and how one enthusiast sent a letter made from cut-out newspaper demanding information. I just accept there are people who are very dedicated.

I just wish the gave the money to me instead... I could really benefit from being in a +balance in my post graduated student account.

Ethan

Strata Poster

tomahawKSU said:
Why the hell would somebody waste that much money to look at ride construction? Also, I don't understand the obsession with "worlds first" and all that garbage with the British parks. It seems like everything is "worlds first" or along those lines. Just kind of silly to me. The amount of time people spend trying to snoop on this ride is pretty sad. It opens in March, why not just be surprised? I'm sure Alton will post some pictures of construction anyway, as all parks seem to do that now. Also don't get the "secret weapon" thing, but whatever. This ride will surely be hailed as best ever, or worst ever, no where in the middle.

Ha, calm down mate. You're getting a bit sad.

Montario

Roller Poster

scw55 said:
I have the opinion to agree to disagree with regards the value of taking some construction photographs.

It seems extreme but, then again, I remember the documentary about Oblivion and how one enthusiast sent a letter made from cut-out newspaper demanding information. I just accept there are people who are very dedicated.

Ha,I remember that too. I agree, you cannot put down somebody for having a dedication to something, no matter how extreme. I don't see how it will affect us, unless you don't want to know the 'worlds first' until opening day.

Status
Not open for further replies.