What's new

Six Flags Great America | Maxx Force | S&S Air Launch

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah Baco is easily doing 60+ maybe even 70 on its inline..
Kind of a stupid record but i guess its Six Flags and most of the american GP will not have any clue about Baco's existence..
Not a chance it's going anything over 60mph.

I'm on mobile at the moment, so a bit of a faff to post pictures, but I the measured distance between the entry and exit of the inline to be about 92m, and it takes about 4s for the train to cover that distance (on the CF POV). That gives about 23m/s, or just over 51mph.

If Maxx Force actually hits +60mph through that roll, I've no doubt it'll be a faster inversion than Furius Baco.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Not a chance it's going anything over 60mph.

I'm on mobile at the moment, so a bit of a faff to post pictures, but I the measured distance between the entry and exit of the inline to be about 92m, and it takes about 4s for the train to cover that distance (on the CF POV). That gives about 23m/s, or just over 51mph.

If Maxx Force actually hits +60mph through that roll, I've no doubt it'll be a faster inversion than Furius Baco.
Does Baco really lose that much speed? The inline is probably below the height of the launch so i wouldn't think it would lose that much momentum to be that slow by the inline.
At least would be early sixties right? The ride is so short i wouldn't think it would lose nearly 33mph after a few turns, especially considering it descends a little before the inline.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Does Baco really lose that much speed? The inline is probably below the height of the launch so i wouldn't think it would lose that much momentum to be that slow by the inline.
At least would be early sixties right? The ride is so short i wouldn't think it would lose nearly 33mph after a few turns, especially considering it descends a little before the inline.
I'm only going off the (crude) measurements, but it would appear so.

All that shaking must sap up quite a bit of speed!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster

From what I’ve learned with momentum in Parkitect ;), Baco’s super-wide turns before the inline twist must bleed off a lot of its initial velocity from the 84mph launch.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
Perhaps all of this speculation is true, but I still believe Baco's inline goes easily over 60mph. There is no way it loses 24mph over two turns and almost no change in elevation. Still irrelevant, but it bothers me that Six Flags is taking the record in such a disrespectful manner.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
To be honest, I forgot Furious Baco’s inversion could have challenged Maxx Force’s claim to fame until today. Even if Furius Baco’s inversion is indeed faster, Six Flags Great America can always take the title of “Fastest Inversion in North America!” If only Maverick still had that heartline roll... :rolleyes:

bernatc22

Mega Poster
To be honest, I forgot Furious Baco’s inversion could have challenged Maxx Force’s claim to fame until today. Even if Furius Baco’s inversion is indeed faster, Six Flags Great America can always take the title of “Fastest Inversion in North America!” If only Maverick still had that heartline roll... :rolleyes:
Completely off-topic, but man oh man would enthusiasts love it if for their 150th annyversary CP installed the heartline roll back on Maverick LOL.

Snoo

The Legend
Completely off-topic, but man oh man would enthusiasts love it if for their 150th annyversary CP installed the heartline roll back on Maverick LOL.
giphy.gif

Arttu

Roller Poster
I have understood Mavericks second launch.. It could be more enjoyable and environmental-friendly to be without the over forcefull launch

Last edited by a moderator:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here's a nice new construction update of Maxx Force from the 11th May, up to, and including yesterday:-
Video by Rob's Travel and Adventure.

The transfer track is in, meaning the track is totally complete. The station building is going up, the ride's bolts are being tightened and more general progression, ready for the ride's opening, which will likely be in July based on this progress. No trains on site yet.