What's new

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I dont think it needs them. They've gone for an old school hot rod theme for the train which wouldn't really work with a load of LED lights I don't think. Helix and Bluefire both have a far more modern/futuristic vibe to them.

Pear

Strata Poster
image0.jpg

Anyone else going to be at Passholder Preview Night this Friday?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here's a new onride POV, that shows the completed ride (including pre-show). It would have been nice to see some more greenery around the ride, but I'm sure that with time, the grass will grow.
Video by In The Loop.

The ride looks to be running slow in this video, but I believe the train was empty and it was early in the day when this was filmed.

Anyway, I thought the media day was tomorrow?

Last edited:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Honestly, I hate it even more seeing how offensive the hangtime looks off ride. Each part looks so meh.

And yes, I know Mack ride MUCH different than the POV shows them too. This just looks like it has everything I dislike in a coaster. Hangtime, slow launch, hangtime, slow transitions, hangtime, and more hangtime.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Honestly, I hate it even more seeing how offensive the hangtime looks off ride. Each part looks so meh.

And yes, I know Mack ride MUCH different than the POV shows them too. This just looks like it has everything I dislike in a coaster. Hangtime, slow launch, hangtime, slow transitions, hangtime, and more hangtime.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Judging from all the media coverage the main selling point of the ride is that it's a "ride for all the family" due to the fact it has a lower height restriction compared to the other big rides. So I honestly don't expect anyone to say this ride is intense as I'm not sure thats what the park is going for. It certainly looks fun and re-rideable with nice pops of air, but I wouldn't expect anything groundbreaking. It's cute!

The layout has definately grown on me and I like how the queueline lies under the inverted top hat. The theming details and general light hearted vib is all fab, and seems to balance out some of the more extreme coasters at the park.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Judging from all the media coverage the main selling point of the ride is that it's a "ride for all the family" due to the fact it has a lower height restriction compared to the other big rides.
I haven't seen any media thoughts yet but I'm not sure why anyone would think this is a family coaster? Yes kids will be able to ride it, but I've seen tiny kids ride Fury.

Two launches, five inversions, including a slow one right of the bat, that doesn't sound very family to me. RCDB even lists this as an "extreme" ride on their scale. Obviously this won't be as intense as Afterburn next door, but this isn't really being marketed towards families.