What's new

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Looks great for it's first pass! Will be interested what speed differences (If any) the summer heat would bring, though having the double launch would mean speeds are pretty tightly controlled throughout. I am pretty impressed with this coaster; it isn't the fastest, but still packs in a lot of great elements and inversions that should be great.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That overbanked/stengel turn through the first loop is gunna be incredible, and I'm willing to bet the best part of the ride.
I thought that too.

Although I'm most excited to see the second launch on this, to be honest. The brutal acceleration-airtime feeling on Lightning Rod's quad-down is one of the best coaster experiences out there and if they can get the airtime mixed with launch forces right here that could be the winner.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I haven't followed this religiously, so forgive me if this is already known - do we know if the train will stop on the first launch, or is that just happening because of testing? Seems very odd to stop it; makes it feel very clunky?

Aside from that, looks really fun. I'm really curious about how the airtime launch will work. I don't really feel it on Pulsar (as it's not really there for airtime I guess), and I'm just not really sure how it will feel? So that's exciting.

UP87

Mega Poster
I haven't followed this religiously, so forgive me if this is already known - do we know if the train will stop on the first launch, or is that just happening because of testing? Seems very odd to stop it; makes it feel very clunky?
There'll be a lot more theming and maybe even some kind of preshow in the shed. I think it's going to be like with Blue Fire and the train will stop. I really like that for a launch coaster but this launch doesn't really look that powerful. Nevertheless it's an exciting moment not knowing when the train starts to accelerate.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
hmm, not keen on the idea in theory. Not a fan of having a coaster element, then stopping for an on-ride preshow; have that before any coaster elements if you must.

Maybe it'll be great, but really not sold on that idea tbh.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

Aside from that, looks really fun. I'm really curious about how the airtime launch will work. I don't really feel it on Pulsar (as it's not really there for airtime I guess), and I'm just not really sure how it will feel? So that's exciting.

I wouldn’t count on there being a crazy amount of airtime on it, maybe some gentle floater I’d say.

J Rod

Roller Poster
I'm impressed by this POV. Pacing, airtime, and transitions look great but the inversions are just kinda there? None of them wow me and they don't seem to provide much for the ride.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Unpopular(?) opinion, but i think that jojo roll is going fast enough that it might actually be fun (or at the very least not suck since there's not OTSR's). Past that the ride looks good. It's not enough to drag me back down to carowinds anytime soon but i definitely look forward to riding it when i eventually get back there.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
It's my homepark so it would be a shame if I couldn't come. Also I got free Carowinds tickets per ACE Winter Warm-Up hospitality, but I already have a season pass. Hopefully family and/or friends can come with me on at least one visit.

Lofty

CF Legend
HeartyAjarBlackmamba-size_restricted.gif

yawetag

Roller Poster
Are you referring to the train or the track?
At Winter Warm-Up, someone asked about the lighting for the ride. Steve Jackson, the Director over the project, said there was very little lighting on the ride, which would make night rides a completely different feeling than day ones.

Lofty

CF Legend
The train. Other Mack trains with lighting at the front follow the LEDs through on the underside of each car - look up blue fire and Icon's.