What's new

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I love BPs avalanche - I prefer it to Heide parks bobsled - Heide's looks like it should be really good, but just seemed to lack the fun factor!

jolash

Mega Poster
jolash said:
Well forgiving the obviously unexciting things like small family and kiddie coasters, some of my worst are Wild Thing, Son of Beast, Flight Deck(Canada's wonderland). More to follow.

I've got to add Mean Streak to this, although, I did have a very decent ride earlier this year. It felt like the trims on the first drop were only half as hard as normal, and we soared through the first giant turn, where it normally crawls.

Also, I may have to add Blue Streak to this too. Normally a favorite, it gave a horrible ride this year, especially in the turnaround. This could be because of the damage the ride took this last winter during Gatekeeper construction, where a very large tractor backed into the ride and caused severe structural damage. This may have caused more damage than what was initially found.

Wild Beast at CW. Forceless and rough. Another Summers/Dinn atrocity.

Then there's some that I just found completely underwhelming. Not bad, so to say, but failed to live up to the hype for me.

Fahrenheit
Voyage
Alpengeist
Kumba

TilenB

Strata Poster
My bottom 10 changed a bit in last 12 months, so...:
Pakal
Baden
Master Thai
Der Zug des Manitu
Volare
Cobra (Tivoli)
Superman:Escape from Krypton
Grand National
Blue Tornado
Infusion

There is no particular order in this one...

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Well an honorable mention would have to be Magnum for sure. I was pretty disa-Cedar Point-ed in it. It's my cousin's favorite coaster out of the 50-ish she's ridden and she swore up and down that "if you like airtime, this'll make your top 10 easily." It could have been because we rode in the back, but the coaster was rough and aside from those four bunny hills at the end, I don't remember coming out of my seat even once. It was forceless and bumpy. Even those bunny hills didn't feel normal. It felt so robotic and mechanical that I couldn't get into it. It was just one second air, one second off, one second valley on a loop. It didn't ease you into it, either. It just jerked you out of it.

Alright, top 5 worst coasters ever!

5. Hurler (Carowinds)- It's rough and just not that much fun.
4. Nighthawk (Carowinds)- I have both of the Flying Dutchmen I've ridden on here but this one was a little better because it was situated over that water.
3. Firehawk (Kings Island)- These Flying Dutchmen coasters are awful. Plain and simple. This one isn't even that exciting because you're just dangling by a leather strap over a plain of grass trying not to let your feet slip.
2. Son of Beast (Kings Island)- This thing should have just been set on fire. If I had a universal remote, I would fast forward to the drop, fast forward to the loop, and fast forward back to the station. 99.9 percent of this coaster was absolute poo...but it was SO much fun to see them winch it down like that! :D
1. Ninja (SFOG)- This thing was disgusting. So much headbanging and weird shaping I honestly consider it the one coaster not worth the credit you get from riding it. They need to throw this thing into the ocean and turn it into an artificial reef out in open water where no country will ever have to see it again.

jolash

Mega Poster
^You didn't sit in the ejector seat on Magnum. 1st car, 3rd row. Maximum ejection. Granted, it's super painful ejection. Those old school lap bars are stiff and narrow and fall right into your mid-thigh. It's not for me anymore, my days of enjoying a roller coaster beatdown are over.

gforce

Roller Poster
Manhattan Express, NY NY Hotel
Santa Monica West Coaster, Pacific Park
Volare, Wiener Prater
Shenzhou Coaster, Beijing Shingadingf*ck Amusement Park
Windjammer, Knotts Berry Farm

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
In no real order

5 Wood
Son Of Beast - Kings Island (with loop and awful Premier trains) - http://www.flickr.com/photos/canobiefan/3919508247/
Gwazi - Busch Gardens Tampa (with PTC's OR Flyers) - http://www.flickr.com/photos/canobiefan/3058527263/
Beast - Kings Island
Raven - Holiday World
Coney Island Cyclone - Astroland/LunaPark - http://www.flickr.com/photos/canobiefan/1697942702/

5 Steel
Volare - Prater Park
Tornado - Parque de Atracciones de Madrid - http://www.flickr.com/photos/canobiefan/2565227418/
G Force - Drayton Manor Park - http://www.flickr.com/photos/23108813@N00/2351081843
HyperSonic XLC - Kings Dominion - http://www.flickr.com/photos/23108813@N00/3359758854
Furius Baco - Port Aventura - http://www.flickr.com/photos/23108813@N00/2275080736

Baco and SOB would be the bottom of the bottom for me.

BBH

Giga Poster
5. Thunderation - Not bad but not great. I haven't ridden enough coasters (not nearly enough) to save it from the list.
4. Demon - The headbanging.... WTF
3. Iron Wolf - Somehow worse than Demon.
2. Ragin' Cajun - My condolences to Six Flags America if they end up with this vile piece of "engineering".
1. The Dark Knight Coaster - Hyped up as the greatest thing ever but is complete and utter s**te.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I haven't ridden enough to make a clear bottom 5 or 10 but the worst for me was Hershey's Roller Soaker. A 2 hour wait for the slowest ride in the park. You get more wet in the queue than on the ride. Theres a reason it didn't last long. Good riddance!

bmac

Giga Poster
Totally forgot about Roller Soaker. Only waited 15 minutes for my first and only ride on it and I'm ashamed I even waited that long.

djmcbell

Roller Poster
Hmm... trying to think of five rubbish ones...

Fiorano GT Challenge at Ferrari World. Maybe coloured by the fact the park sucked (a lot of stuff, including Formula Rossa, was closed) but a dueling coaster that seemingly accelerates along as and when it likes. No feeling of momentum or any g-forces.

Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa. I still think this would be good if it weren't for the nauseating track juddering about all the time.

Disaster Transport at Cedar Point. We were promised a huge display of pyrotechnics and flamethrowers on this bobsled coaster. Instead it was entirely dark with no effects, so you couldn't even tell you were on a bobsled coaster.

Iron Wolf at SFGAm. First stand-up coaster I've ridden and by God it was awful. I've now got an inherent dislike of "crotch bars".

Mantis at CP and Green Lantern at SFGAdv. The second and third stand-up coasters I've ridden. See above.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
No paticular order

. Gwazi
. Infusion
. Dragon Challange (even when dueling the ride did nothing for me)
. Rita
. Avalanche (fun but way too short)

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
In no particular order, not including kiddie coasters:

-Corkscrew, Cedar Point
-Ninja, SFOG
-Hurler, Carowinds (however, it isn't as bad as people made it out to be, it still sucked)
-Ragin' Cajun, Dixie Landin'
-Carolina Goldrusher, Carowinds

DelPiero

Strata Poster
No particular order but all vile.

Infusion, pain throughout
Sidewinder, rattly and rubbish
Mean streak, my back couldn't take another ride
Mantis, I was surprised how much I disliked this as it looks great
Shock Wave, Brean, probably the worst one

Edward M

Strata Poster
After my Missouri Trip:
I am going to do all the coasters after the generic kiddie creds.

105: Colossus @ Thorpe
106: Flying Ace
107: Mini Mine Train
108: Boomerang @ WoF
109: Old Texas Giant
110: Mantis
111: Ninja, SFSL

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
1. Mind Eraser Six Flags New England. Vekoma SLC. Must I say more?
2. Mantis Cedar Point. Couldn't walk the rest of the day.
3. Cyclone Six Flags New England. This thing was having trouble making it over hills. Too many trims it ruined the old ride. Retrack again please :)
4. Flashback Six Flags New England. Sidewinder at hershey was way better and I could walk after.
5. Dragon Challenge. Most boring B&M invert I've ridden. Needs to duel to make it interesting. Disappointing but just okay.

rcjp

Roller Poster
1 - Coaster express, Parque Warner Madrid: so rough it is almost impossible to describe.
2 - Mean Streak, Cedar Point: I guess we all know why it is here.
3 - Wilcat at Hershey: I found it to be as rough as mean streak but the layout, nice pacing and twists make it better.
4 - Corkscrew, Cedar Point: only rode it once, moderately rough, had a big jerk in the airtime hill and, for me, the worst part was that I had to slouch for the restraint to close properly and I'm not particularly tall.
5 - I guess Iron Dragon at CP. Not very smooth as I thought it would be and I felt that it lacked some serious speed as you got very little swinging.