What's new

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

sparky2u

Mega Poster
1) Son Of Beast - Rode when it was 2 months old back in 2000, the only rough section was the "Double Helix", my hands went white while gripping the front bar, loads of jarring and vibrations, wrong type of train cars used.

2) Stampida - Only rode it twice in 8 days as it gave me headaches, loads of vibration, has the wrong type of trains on it, the front wheels lifted off the track when it went round corners. This coaster is crying out for either "Topper Track", "New Trains" or "Iron Horse"

3) Colossus at TP - It's not a bad coaster, just has loads of vibrations

4) Smiler, SAW, Rage, Speed - Most Euro-Fighters don't have smooth track.

5) SLC's - Most are quite head-banging

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Interesting that you have had a bad experience with Eurofighters. Admittedly I have only ridden two, but have lucked out to get those that are moderately smooth.

Here is my bottom five (bearing in mind that Steel Lasso and Flying ACE Ariel Chase are the same)

5. Gold Rusher Six Flags Magic Mountain Steel
4. Santa Monica West Coaster Pacific Park Steel
3. Steel Lasso Frontier City Steel
3. Flying ACE Ariel Chase Kings Island Steel
2. Woodstock Express Cedar Point Steel
1. Woodstock Express Kings Island Wood

If I isolate out the kiddie credits and family coasters, my bottom 5 looks like this:

5. Roller Coaster - New York, New York Hotel
4. The Villain - Geauga Lake
3. Racer - Kennywood
2. Double Loop - Geauga Lake
1. Gold Rusher - SFMM

Edward M

Strata Poster
10. Road Runner Express, SFOT
9. Cosmic Coaster, WOF
8. Colossus, Thorpe Park
7. Flying Ace, Kings Island
6. Mini Mine Train, SFOT
5. Gwazi
4. Boomerang, WOF
3. Old Texas Giant
2. Mantis
1. Ninja, SFSL

Rachel

Coaster MILF
My bottom 5 is as follows -

1. Klondike (Hayling Island) - Definitely the worst experience i've had on a coaster, just awful.
2. Gwazi - The roughness can't even be redeemed by good airtime. Just a terrible coaster.
3. El Diablo - AKA Lift Hill The Ride. Pointless and boring.
4. X:/No Way Out - Backwards it made me feel sick. Forwards its completely boring.
5. Flying Fish - I know its a kids coaster but I couldn't justify putting anything else below this.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Bandit at Movie Park in Germany was pretty terrible, a boring ride and rough as a badgers badger, only went on it once, wish I hadn't bothered at all.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
"Rollercoaster" at wicksteed is very painful for your back, if you don't duck on the drop before the helix you could be killed depending on how tall you are and it has small and uncomfortable OTSRs when it would be fine with lap bars

wakey1512

Roller Poster
There have been very mediocre rides I wouldn't think twice about but wouldn't certainly rate them as the worst 5.

That award for the worst 5 has to go to (in no particular order)

1 - Infusion (reason - overrated mainly by park, just a repainted 15 year old SLC, poorly assembled, painful as hell)
2 - Saw the ride (reason - theres a defect in the trackwork at the bottom of the first drop which is unbearable)
3 - Colossus (reason - painful, minging colour, grease all over the lift hill and the 14 inline twists are just nausea inducing)
4 - The new flyer at flamingo land i cant even remember the name of (reason - painful harnesses, boring, family orientated)
5 - Th13teen (reason - waste of 15 million, trimmed drop, boring 'surprise' element that's no longer a surprise after the first time, massive amount of hype, could have build something truly magnificent with that money. I'd say corkscrew was a better ride.)

mad mouse

Roller Poster
my least favourite coaster had to be the looping coaster at brean leisure park this rusty old pinfari was terrible the OTSRs where hard as concrete and you banged your head so much.
when I rode this I came off with a head ache that lasted all day .
PS: I also knick named this ride the scrapheap express because of the old rusty track that looked like it hadn't been painted for millennia.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Your Bottom 10

(I could've sworn there was a thread for this a while ago but apparently not so here it is! But if there is feel free to merge them! Done

We all pride our top tens. We put them in our signatures, vote in coaster polls with the, the top ten is like the unique personal fingerprint that says what you as an enthusiast enjoy the most. But what about your bottom ten? How would you list what you like the least? Which coasters of the ones you've ridden are the lowest of the low, the worst of the worst, the absolutely most vile things you've ridden that you might even say weren't worth the cred?

For me..

10. The Roller Coaster, New York New York Las Vegas
9. Stinger, Dorney Park
8. Vortex, Kings Island
7. Time Warp, Canda's Wonderland
6. Firehawk, Kings Island
5. T3, Kentucky Kingdom
4. Son of Beast, Kings Island
3. Ninja, Six Flags Over Georgia
2. Gwazi (Lion), BGT
1. Flight Deck, Canada's Wonderland

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Your Bottom 10

Hm... this might be tough.

1. Mind Eraser, SFA. Needs no explanation
2. Ninja, SFStL. Vekoma made it in the 80's. I made the unwise decision of riding this twice.
3-9. Various kiddie creds. All Miner Mikes, Dragon Wagons, and E&F Miller coasters I rode fall into this category.
10. Honestly, I think The Dark Knight at SFGAm should be near the bottom. Sure it's the most themed ride at the park, but they execute the ride poorly. They have effects that work half the time, wannabe mist, a camera that blinds you for a good 5 seconds(I'm not even joking), and then a train horn/lights in your face, when it could've easily been done away with. Not to mention that they removed a decent theater in order to make an unnecessarily long queue line.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

I don't really track my "favorite" coasters past my top 40 but I would say the following I was not too fond of and most likely be at the bottom if I kept track. Excluding kiddie creds-
Ninja, SFOG- Awful. Pure awful
Ninja, SFSTL- Awful, but not as awful as SFOG's
Twisted Typhoon, Wild Adventures- Only SLC I have been on, but yeah. SLC. No explanation needed.
Big Ohhhh!, Fun Plex- Absolutely pointless roller coaster.
Journey to Atlantis, Seaworld San Diego- Lame and rough with no redeeming qualities
Dark Knight, SFGAm- The sound effects are so damn loud and obnoxious, the camera blinds you, and it's a wild mouse in a box.
Wasn't too fond of Boss at Six Flags St. Louis either, please RMC this Six Flags.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Lots of kiddie coasters make my true Bottom 10:

141 Jaguar! Knott's Berry Farm
142 Comet Waldameer
143 Gold Rusher Six Flags Magic Mountain
144 Santa Monica West Coaster Pacific Park
145 Steel Lasso Frontier City
146 Flying ACE Ariel Chase Kings Island
147 Woodstock Express Cedar Point
148 Woodstock Express Kings Island
149 Beaver Land Mine Ride Geauga Lake
150 Jr. Gemini Cedar Point

However, the Bottom "Adult" Coasters immediately follow:

131 Son of Beast Kings Island
132 Jack Rabbit Kennywood
133 Trailblazer Hersheypark
134 Dahlonega Mine Train Six Flags Over Georgia
135 Fav Wild Mouse Dorney Park, California Adventure, Carowinds
136 Manhattan Express New York New York Hotel
137 The Villain Geauga Lake
138 Raging Wolf Bobs Geauga Lake
139 Racer Kennywood
140 Double Loop Geauga Lake

Snoo

The Legend

The Villain isn't last? We can't be friends.

PS: The Villain is last for me. No other coasters come in the atmosphere of that bad.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

"Geauga Lake's The Villain: Beatings Served Daily"

Geauga Lake however carries a certain distinction. 45% of it's coaster offerings are in my bottom 20.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Only doing substantial coasters:

Any Vekoma Corkscrew
Any Wild Mouse (except Blackpool & Chessington)
Any Pinfari Zyklon
Any Schwarzkopf silver arrow
Any Zierer Four Man Bob
Shockwave & GeForce at Drayton Manor
The Swarm
Maybe Thirteen

I don't mind SLCs - I've only done Infusion/Traumatizer (which might be one of the better ones), but I never it as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Pink Panther said:
Only doing substantial coasters:

Any Vekoma Corkscrew
Any Wild Mouse (except Blackpool & Chessington)
Any Pinfari Zyklon
Any Schwarzkopf silver arrow
Any Zierer Four Man Bob
Shockwave & GeForce at Drayton Manor
The Swarm
Maybe Thirteen
Noooo! hahaha :lol:

Ok, so apart from all the obvious kiddie creds the only thing I can think of that is unusually awful considering it's size is Infusion.

Smithy

Strata Poster

See I feel it's a bit of a cop-out if I put a bunch of kiddie creds in etc so in terms of big coasters that were a bit naff and I wouldn't want to ride them again.

Stampida, that godforsaken woodie at Terra Mitica, Infusion, Wild Mouse, Big Dipper, T'Ultimate, Hero, Stealth, Shockwave, Saw.

Dave

CF Legend

Whirlwind at Camelot, The Big One, Shockwave, Skyways

Just wouldn't even care if they were taken down, horrid rides.