Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by TilenB, Jan 21, 2013.

1. caffeine_demon

caffeine_demon Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    skyrush
    Best Park:
    Europa
    It feels a bit like being dragged through the desert by a pack of wild horses, that's what!

2. hamcake

hamcake Member

Best Coaster:
    caterpillar coaster
    Best Park:
    my house
    Coaster Count:
    I rode this on Tuesday as my first SLC and I found it surprisingly ok... I picked a middle row and only noticed a couple of jolts. I didn't risk going back for another go, maybe I got very lucky. The woodie was far worse for me, pain at the start and end of every drop.

I haven't been on enough coasters to have a meaningful bottom 5

3. ThomVD

ThomVD Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Helix
    Best Park:
    Gröna Lund
    Coaster Count:
    ^ With a coaster count like that, your top 6 is also your bottom six ;)

4. hamcake

hamcake Member

Best Coaster:
    caterpillar coaster
    Best Park:
    my house
    Coaster Count:
    ah yes, I should update that

5. MestnyiGeroi

MestnyiGeroi Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Phoenix
    Best Park:
    Knoebels
    Hm. Well, I think the name means Furious Bacchus -- a chariot driven by a powerful, angry, drunk guy -- can't say they didn't warn you.

6. Mysterious Sue

Mysterious Sue Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Phoenix
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I don't really keep a bottom list but I just found a new worst coaster. A Whirl Wind at Allou Fun Park in Athens. It tried to take my head off through the loop with whiplash and still managed to be rough on the straight. I've ridden one before at Oktoberfest and thought it was rough but this one was much, much worse. Bleurgh

7. JJLehto

JJLehto Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Wicked Cyclone
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Vekoma SLC is a given

Anaconda @ KD. Sooooo slow yet still rough. Weird ass layout, just bad all around.

Villain @ Geauga Lake. Only coaster I've been on yet that was too rough to enjoy, thought I may actually die. Turns out the year I was the park's last, it showed.

Mean Streak. This one hurts because first couple of times I rode it I loved it, I was I believe 13 and 15, and after those first 2 trips it was never the same. Obviously my experience was lacking, as I rode more I got to see how bad the ride was. So boring and slow, and of course rough. Funny thing I actually hated the ride even more after the re tracking. Least the roughness was something you could feel, with it smoothed out was just a purely slow, long, boring ride.

Great American Scream Machine @SFGAdv. It was classic and I kinda forced myself to like it for nostalgia/historical reasons but looking back it was just a very painful ride that moved agonizingly slow through half the ride. I always enjoyed Viper more!

8. LiveForTheLaunch

LiveForTheLaunch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Eejanaika
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    In no order and not including kiddie coasters:

Avalanche, Timber Falls- This thing has fantastic airtime and a fantastic layout, but the corners made me want to die. The park clearly hasn't done a single lick of maintenance on the ride.

F2 Fright Flight, Nasu Highland- Rode it in the pouring rain which added insult to injury of what seemed to be a Vekoma SLC with square wheels

Flight Deck, Canada's Wonderland- Another painful SLC

Wolverine Wildcat, Michigan's Adventure- Blegh! It's small and really shouldn't be rough given that it doesn't do much, but it's very rough.

Son of Beast, Kings Island- I can see why someone had an aneurysm on it

Stampida, Port Aventura- Almost considered not getting the cred for the other side of the ride.

AND THIS ONE WILL PROBABLY BE CONTROVERSIAL, but oh well...

Banshee, Kings Island- Non-stop positive G-forces, which is everything I hate.