What's new

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

Casio

Mega Poster
Aside from kiddie creds which I tend to shove at the bottom:

5.Sequoia Adventure - I'm surprised this is so low, just shows I've been lucky with the parks I've been to. Still it's a completely uninteresting ride. All controlled, and pretty uncomfortable to be upside down for so long.

4. Infusion - The worst of the SLCs I've been on. Just horrible.

3. G-Force (Drayton Manor) - Completely dull. No force whatsoever aside from the drop out of the station. Such a disappointment as it's very well presented. It's like sitting on a chair.

2. Corkscrew (Alton) - I did it last in 2005, and I imagine I wouldn't mind it too much now, but I just have horrible memories of being smashed around. It still brings back the nostalgia though.

1. Gwazi - It made both my sisters cry, and although they cry at a lot of stuff, this was legitimate. Blurgh.

lachlan

Mega Poster
The worst ride I've been on is Infusion at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, however that might be because it was the last major roller coaster I hadn't ridden, so I'd already received seven lots of rough, shaky coasters.

What makes it especially bad is the OTSRs - They're huge!

Corkscrew at Flamingo Land is pretty bad too, however that's because the layout is boring, more than anything else.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
My top...bottom wood and steel coasters not in any real order... :D

Awful steel coasters
1 G Force at Drayton Manor
2 Green Lantern: First Flight at Six Flags Magic Mountain
3 Scream! at Six Flags Magic Mountain
4 Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios Florida
5 Xtreme at Dixie Landin' Family Theme Park
6 Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Piers
7 Fahrenheit at Hersheypark
8 Hypersonic XLC at Kings Dominion
9 Volare at Prater
10 Soak'd at Freestyle Music Park

Awful wood coasters
1 Wildcat at Lake Compounce
2 Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa
3 Raven at Holiday World
4 Boss at Six Flags St. Louis
5 Beast at Kings Island
6 Son of Beat at Kings Island
7 Stampida at PortAventura
8 Wild Beast at Canada's Wonderland
9 Georgia Cyclone at Six Flags Over Georgia
10 Wolverine Wildcat at Michigan's Adventure

Darren B

Giga Poster
Not including kiddie creds,..

5. Mumbo Jumbo, Flamingoland. Cheap and boring.

4. The Smiler, Alton Towers. Inversion after Inversion after Inversion. Neither drop is any good, it's boring, pointless and a waste of £18,000,000.

3. G-Force, Drayton Manor Park. Just didn't do it for me, I didn't find it painful at all like most do, I just find it dull.

2. Grand National, Pleasure Beach, Blackpool. Brutal, painful and unforgiving. If this coaster was to be retracted I would really enjoy it, it gives plenty of airtime and the layout is half decent, but the pain <//3

1. Boomerang, Fantasy Island. I really dislike all Boomerangs, I find the the forward half to be ok, however the backwards part is awful and extremely sickly.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Edward M said:
CanobieFan said:
5 Beast at Kings Island

What did you not like about it?

Everything :p

I don't know. I guess I'm not a fan over overly rough, overly trimmed, coasters with long as flat runs of track and over drawn out turns with no chance of airtime, because of lack of drops. It just doesnt do anything.

Jontiways

Roller Poster
1- Corkscrew at alton towers/ flamingo land - Found too rough
2- Infusion at Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Found too rough
3- Colossus at Thorpe Park - Cobra Roll gave me a headache
4- The Swarm at Thorpe Park - Not as intensive as it should be.
5- Grand National at the fire and refurbishment - The restraints meant less airtime which was quite a big disappointment. I liked it with the huge lap bars.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
CanobieFan said:
Edward M said:
CanobieFan said:
5 Beast at Kings Island

What did you not like about it?

Everything :p

I don't know. I guess I'm not a fan over overly rough, overly trimmed, coasters with long as flat runs of track and over drawn out turns with no chance of airtime, because of lack of drops. It just doesnt do anything.
Also, wait, didn't you LIKE Ultimate?

Beast is just like a wooden Ultimate. At a good park. So it's better, really.

Intricks

Strata Poster
From POV viewing alone, The Ultimate actually does something at some point, whereas Beast is as Canobie described more or less.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
1. Mind Eraser- Six Flags New England, SLC is your answer to being bad.
2. Flashback- Six Flags New England, just rough, Hershey's Sidewinder is much better.
3. Cyclone- Six Flags New England, had trouble making it over hills and was slow, please retrack, it could be a great ride!
4. Mantis- Cedar Point, All Standups are terrible (Yet to ride Riddlers Revenge so that might be a false statement)
5. Dragon Challenge- Islands Of Adventures, worst B&M I've ridden. Make it duel so it is somewhat exciting.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
^So it stalled whilst you were on the ride? :?

5) Corkscrew, AT. Obvious reasons.
4) Shockwave, Drayton Manor. I can never seem to get the 'seat' right.
3) Rollercoaster, Wicksteed Park. Possibly the most painful thing I've ever ridden.
2) Revolution, PBB. Ridden it twice and on the second time, my restraint kept jolting around.
1) Wacky Worm, New Brighton Funfair. Gave me a static electric shock. :)

jackandylan123

Roller Poster
This was hard for me as I don't particularly "dislike" any coaster that I have ridden so far, but still, these are my bottom five:

5) X - Thorpe Park - Although it is better than the reviews, it's nothing special, boring layout, very forceless, I found it smooth though, and even if bored, you could still rave…despite the bad choice in music

4) G-Force - Drayton Manor - Nothing spectacular, nothing especially wrong with it though

3) Shockwave - Drayton Manor - Painful, that is all

2) Millenium Coaster - Fantasy Island - Boring, rough, forceless

1) Odyssey - Fantasy Island - Only SLC I've ridden, and if that is a smooth one, what will a rough one be like?!

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
My worst 5:

5. Blazing Fury. Pathetic excuse for a coaster. More of a dark ride. The dark ride side of it was good, but the coaster side is just bad.
4. Anaconda. Horrible. It should crash and burn and be removed from the park. Replace it with a B&M!!!
3. Circus Coaster. Only because its a kiddie.
2. Rolling Thunder. Only one of the tracks though. One side was good, the other side sucked. So this is talking about the sucky side. Good riddance to it. Old and rough. The other side was better.
1. Mind Eraser. Vekoma SLC's suck.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
CPSFMMCW said:
My worst 5:

5. Blazing Fury. Pathetic excuse for a coaster. More of a dark ride. The dark ride side of it was good, but the coaster side is just bad.
4. Anaconda. Horrible. It should crash and burn and be removed from the park. Replace it with a B&M!!!
2. Rolling Thunder. Only one of the tracks though. One side was good, the other side sucked. So this is talking about the sucky side. Good riddance to it. Old and rough. The other side was better.

Which anaconda?

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
elephant58 said:
CPSFMMCW said:
My worst 5:

Which anaconda?
Kings Dominion. The Arrow Dybamics custom looper with the stupid color scheme. Pale red. Almost pinkish. Yuck!

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
5. Most Wild Mice (Mack, Arrow, Zamperla, Reverchon, or Maurer Söhne). The spinning are worse and Ragin' Cajun @ SFGAM was at the bottom. The only exceptions are the Mack "large park"; they are much much better.

4. Suspendeds by Setpoint. Being a soaker doesn't really help because now you are wet. Pteranodon Flyers @ IOA had some great views but the ride inself was as boring as possible.

3. Hurler. Either one. I really don't want to talk about them.

2. Rattler. Make it a hybrid. Do something with it. There was too much shaking and boredom.

1. Old Texas Giant. It had nothing but going around, around, and around. Give me a break. Can Judge Roy Scream really be the only good wooden in the Lone Star State ?

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
1) Infusion - Sure the water theme is alright but the ride as like any SLC is dreadful.
2) Corkscrew Alton/Flamingo - They had history but no place in a modern theme park.
3) Gwazi - How am I still alive?
4) Indiana Jones and the temple of peril - Nice theming, thats it.
5) Rita - Ew.