What's new

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

Re: Bottom 10

Sequoia Adventure was AWFUL but I thought it was pretty scary. Yah, here's a list of crap coasters, not in order:

- Son of Beast: Just as bad as people always said it was. Definitely a good thing that it's gone now.
- Cobra, La Ronde: UGH, worst stand up coaster ever. The operations didn't help, nor did the fact I had all my earrings in, but either way it was a rough ride and I had a headache the entire day and day after.
- Hurler: I pretty much almost killed Jordan on it.
- Flight Deck, Canada's Wonderland: Although I can usually tolerate a bad SLC, this one is just so much worse than the others.
- Volare, Prater Park: So much worse than the one at Wonderland. Also gave me a headache.

That would mostly be it I think. I don't have a lot of coasters I really dislike. I don't get all the hate for Manhattan Express either because I actually thought it was different and really good fun.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster

Dragon, Adventureland
I thought my neck was broken before even getting to the lift hill. Probably the worst coaster I have ever ridden.

Shockwave, Kings Dominion
Pain.

Iron Wolf, SFGAm. (Apocalypse)
Thoroughly surprised my ears were not bleeding when I got off. (Maybe it's not quite as bad since it's been moved?)

Judge Roy Scream, SFOT
Never seen anyone else mention this coaster, so maybe I got a bad ride, but it was really bad.

Also have to mention Rebel Yell, Zeus, Revolution, and Roar.

andrus

Giga Poster

valleyfair! said:
Iron Wolf, SFGAm. (Apocalypse)
Thoroughly surprised my ears were not bleeding when I got off. (Maybe it's not quite as bad since it's been moved?)
Apocalypse is fine. I expected hell but got of thinking it was a pretty nice little coaster! :) And it was definitely better than Green Lantern at SFGAdv which was dreadful!

Mysterious Sue said:
Storm Runner, Hersheypark - just vile in every way. I didn't like the layout, the snake dive, the head-bashing, the restraints...

i-Speed, Mirabilandia - will Intamin ever be able to make a decent restraint? This one tried to sever my neck
I agree that Storm Runner was vile. It was one of those coaster that I had been looking forward to so much! But then it turned of to be a big pile of crap! Rough, awkward banking and just generally painful..

But to put iSpeed at your bottom 10 sure has to be considered blasphemy!?! It's a great ride ranked top 10 in the world (Mitch Hawker). I found it very smooth and it had a great flow overall :) I don't see how anyone could put it in their bottom 10?? :p

I don't know of a bottom 10 of my own, but some coasters that deserves some "respect" for sure are: Hurler (KD), Roar (SFA), Wildcat (LC), El Condor (Walibi) and Tornado (Bakken)! All of them very painful and horrid experiences! ><

Edward M

Strata Poster

I try to stay away from bad coasters like Mean Streak, Ninja @ SFOG, and Son of Beast. I have ridden very few terrible rides. My top 10 worst consists if mainly kid's coasters so, I'll keep it to the top 5.

5) Flying Ace@ King's Island- This ride is not only slow and boring, but rough! Another vekoma piece of crap
4) Mini Mine Train@ SFOT- This ride is barely worse than Flying Ace because it is rougher, slower, and so short. It bangs you into the wall as hard as possible at 15 mph.
3) Texas Giant- OLD!!! old Texas Giant. When this was wooden, it was unbearably rough. Unlike the last two, it was too long! It never stops. The pain is unbearable! I almost went to see my chiropractor.
2) Mantis- This ranks low out of the sheer disappointment. B&M how? The pain my legs had was terrible. The setting may be nice but this is no saving grave for a rough and painful stand up!
1) Ninja@ Six Flags St Louis- the roughest ride I have ever ridden. My head was a pinball. My head banged so vigorously I saw spots on the first loop! I came off with red ears and the worst headache I have ever had. I had the headache for four days. I had to leave the park it was so rough and didn't get to ride Mr Freeze or Batman! The roughness got worse and worse. It was my second looping roller coaster ever. I almost never rode another. VEKOMA!!!!!

Honorable mention: Racer@ Kings Island- An airtimeless racer. The roughness wasn't very bad, but it was so boring and without airtime.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Not in any particular order, but the higher up means it came to me quicker so I hated it more haha:

Anaconda
Villain (When I of all people say it's too rough, you know ya done goofed)
Great American Scream Maching (SF:GA)
Hurler
Dark Knight (SF:GA) A wild mouse...that's tame? So just slow and boring. Not even any surprising drops!

Needless to say:
Vekoma Boomerangs
Vekoma SLCs

eh, nothing else really stands out. Can't count family rides/mine trains really.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster

This thread reminds me to reshuffle my Top 10.

5. Iron Dragon - Cedar Point

Boring ride 'til a couple seconds after the 2nd lift hill, and then the good part only last for like 7 or 8 seconds. It would have been ranked #3 if it didn't have that awesome terrain.\

4. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Disney's Magic Kingdom

Dosn't this ride have like 3 lift hills? Just really boring and I waited in a boring 1 hour and 30 minute line for this stupid Vekoma Disney Mine Train. The themeing is nice and I like the mountain but this is just so boring.

3. Primeval Whirl (both Left and Right) - Disney's Animal Kingdom

Just a boring Wild Mouse. My mom did a POV (not illegal because they allow you to film at WDW on the rides) in December 2011 and one day I'll post it for you guys.

2. Cedar Creek Mine Ride - Cedar Point/Wacky Worm - Biloxi Crawfish Festival

CCMR: The most boring coaster I've ever ridden.

Wacky Worm: First coaster ever at 3, was at a crawfish festival fair, and was fun at 3 but not fun for me now.

1. Corkscrew - Cedar Point

*Drop, Bunny Hop, Loop, Turn* "Hey! This isn't rough like the people said from reviews!" *Dive, Corkscrew, Corkscrew, Turn, Brakes* "AAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOWWWWW OUCH OUCH" *Train rolls in to the station* "X_X"

(P.S. I have decided to do a Top 5 until my Tennessee trip in May because then I'll at least have an almost normal enthusiast Top 10, ha!)

Glumanda

Roller Poster

Bandit (Moviepark)
I prefered the SLC next to it.

Eurocoaster (travelling)
just meh

Runaway Mine Train (Flamingoland)
This was by far the worst kiddie coaster I've been on...

Tornado (M&Ds)
Never ever again.

mistermister

Roller Poster

I've gotta say that Shockwave at KD is the worst one I've ever been on. The woodies there are in pretty bad shape, too, although they are at least fun to ride. Shockwave is just painful.

Hutch

Strata Poster

5. Pandemonium - SFNE
- Only ridden this once, didn't really need to ride it again. It's also one of the longer waits at this park. During my second trip here I almost rode this again, but then realized that I probably couldn't fit in another Bizarro ride.

4. Mantis - Cedar Point
- Disappointment. At the time I hadn't really heard of anyone's opinions about stand-ups (this was my first one), so I had high expectations. Absolutely no thrills (although I didn't remember having any head banging, unlike other people). I also could barely walk afterward.

3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Magic Kingdom
- Very boring. I was five when I first rode this. Then I rode again six years later and thought "I remember this used to be exciting." The only really good thing about it is the theming.

2. Canobie Corkscrew - Canobie Lake Park
- What can I say? Just a short head-banging ride and that's it (although it was my first coaster that went upside down).

1. Goofy Coaster (I forget what it's actually called) - Magic Kingdom
- Pretty obvious why. No kiddie coaster can match up with basically anything else.

Edward M

Strata Poster

Jason Voorhees said:
This thread reminds me to reshuffle my Top 10.

5. Iron Dragon - Cedar Point

Boring ride 'til a couple seconds after the 2nd lift hill, and then the good part only last for like 7 or 8 seconds. It would have been ranked #3 if it didn't have that awesome terrain.\

4. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Disney's Magic Kingdom

Dosn't this ride have like 3 lift hills? Just really boring and I waited in a boring 1 hour and 30 minute line for this stupid Vekoma Disney Mine Train. The themeing is nice and I like the mountain but this is just so boring.

3. Primeval Whirl (both Left and Right) - Disney's Animal Kingdom

Just a boring Wild Mouse. My mom did a POV (not illegal because they allow you to film at WDW on the rides) in December 2011 and one day I'll post it for you guys.

2. Cedar Creek Mine Ride - Cedar Point/Wacky Worm - Biloxi Crawfish Festival

CCMR: The most boring coaster I've ever ridden.

Wacky Worm: First coaster ever at 3, was at a crawfish festival fair, and was fun at 3 but not fun for me now.

1. Corkscrew - Cedar Point

*Drop, Bunny Hop, Loop, Turn* "Hey! This isn't rough like the people said from reviews!" *Dive, Corkscrew, Corkscrew, Turn, Brakes* "AAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOWWWWW OUCH OUCH" *Train rolls in to the station* "X_X"

(P.S. I have decided to do a Top 5 until my Tennessee trip in May because then I'll at least have an almost normal enthusiast Top 10, ha!)

I agree with 5,4 & 3 but I loved Cedar Creek!

I also have the same opinion of Corkscrew but backwards. I thought the loop and hill were pain! But I actually enjoyed the corkscrews. I usually find Arrow loopers very fun and smooth during inversions. For example, on Vortex (one of my favorite loopers) I was having a fun time until the turn into the MCBR. It was pretty headbang filled.

CoasterGoddess

Roller Poster
Mean Steak was by far the biggest disappointment. I was expecting a great coaster and it was by far the slowest and worst big size wooden coasters I ever rode.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Best to Worst:

1) Speed: No Limits, Oakwood

oakwood_008.jpg

It starts off quite well, but from the loop onwards it was absolute head-ache inducing pain.

2) Goudurix, Parc Asterix

640px-Spotlight_Goudurix.png

The first part of the Butterfly element was very jerky and painful, but apart from that nothing too out of the ordinary for a Vekoma

3) Limit, Heide Park

heide165.jpg

Headbanging, jerking pretty much all the way round. The worst SLC i have ridden.

4) The Ultimate, Lightwater Valley

fr3icik0c5o00aht94e9fa.jpg

That twsity section after the second drop was the roughest part of any coaster i have experienced

5) Holly's Wilde Autofahrt, Holiday Park

Holly's_Wilde_Autofahrt.jpg

It just looks like a normal mouse, but it was so rough and poorly constructed.

6) Wildcat, Lake Compounce

LC-8-1-2009-Wildcat-5.jpg

One of the roughest and most rubbish wooden coaster i have ridden. Nothing redeeming at all.

7) Trace Du Hourra, Parc Asterix

ft5g4d30g78002gt94e9fa.jpg

8) Avalanche, Blackpool Pleasure Beach

avalanche2.jpg

9) Schweizer Bobbahn, Europa Park

h9ll83s907jk0058mki74n.jpg

10) Schweizer Bobbahn, Heide Park

bob3.JPG

Mack Bobsleighs are my least favourite ride types by far. I'm not some one who gets headaches normally, but these rides leave me with the worst because of the constant vibratons and rattling. Assolutely disgusting rides.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I need to write a review of Avalanche then quickly before you do :p

I love the ride, it's superb fun and I've not suffered any problems from the three Bobsled rides I've been on (though only Avalanche is "any good").

The rest I'm with you though :lol:

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
furie said:
I need to write a review of Avalanche then quickly before you do

Don't worry, i don't i could be bothered to waste my time writing about that :) .

furie said:
I love the ride, it's superb fun and I've not suffered any problems from the three Bobsled rides I've been on (though only Avalanche is "any good").

I am pretty sure i'm alone with my detest of these rides. I guess Its just one of personal hatreds when it comes to coasters.

ignace

Mega Poster
Mack bobsleds are awesome :(. The one at Heidepark is in my top 30 like forever. Looking forward to have the European Bobsled bingo in October, after my first visit to Blackpool :D.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I really like Trace du Hourra and Blackpool's Avalanche. The others I've done, not so much, especially that dull piece of **** at Europa.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
From worst to best

1. X - Perhaps one of the worst rides at the Merlin parks. Not only was it bad prior to it's retheme it's even worse now. They have removed the uniqueness of backwards in the dark, and kept the pointless breaks. No amount of strobe lighting can make me like this ride. Oh and to make it even worse the music is now so loud it leaks into Colossus and ruins the already pretty flimsy ambience of the lost city.
2. G-Force - The entire ride is pointless, it's one of the craziest yet dull layouts I have ever experienced. Not only is it dull, but its rather rough and to top it all off the restraints are vile pieces of crap. Kill it with fire I say. Though I must admit I love the irony of the name.
3. Rattlesnake - Pretty much a standard wild mouse with too many laterals on it's tight corners to be any fun for me. Add onto that it lacks any thrilling drops like the Jungle Coaster had, and you have a pointless ride that just doesn't hold up well to the modern additions.
4. Jungle Coaster (Ex-LEGOLAND Windsor) - Whilst the layout was dull and rattily, the real reason why it's here is the ridiculously pointless covers that got placed on it. Seriously?! What was the point? It just made the ride rattle all over the place. Glad it's moved on to torture other poor souls.
5. Rita - Way to trump one of your own attractions Tuassauds, Stealth completely ruins Rita. Not that Rita's launch is fast or intense enough, but when it's followed by a short dull layout it's even worse.

bmac

Giga Poster
Not bothering with explanations, just listing my bottom 10 in no order:

Hollywood: Rip, Ride, Rockit
Gwazi
Mind Eraser @ SFA
Viper @ SFGAdv
Crazy Mouse @ Rye
Mean Streak
Possessed
Shockwave @ Kings Dominion
Funcoaster @ Mount Holly Funplex
Roller Coaster @ NY,NY Hotel

jolash

Mega Poster
Well forgiving the obviously unexciting things like small family and kiddie coasters, some of my worst are Wild Thing, Son of Beast, Flight Deck(Canada's wonderland). More to follow.