What's new

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

Kebab

Giga Poster
Re: Bottom 10

In no particular order...

Avalanche - Pleasure Beach - Don't see the praise surrounding this, I know it's the only Bobsled coaster we have in the UK, but I find it so hard to enjoy.

X://NWO - Thorpe Park - I think this pretty much speaks for itself

Shockwave - Drayton Manor - Shockwave has that Zero-G, but thats the only thing promising about it. Dull, uncomfortable, looks dreadful, and what the hell is up with the straight bit? Oh, and brakes!

Th13teen - Alton Towers - While its nowhere near as bad X://NWO, it still manages to jump on this list because of how disappointing it is.

Stampida (on a bad day) - PortAventura - It really sucks that this has such an extreme ratio of being outstanding to God-damn dreadful. On a bad day, it's the worst thing ever, you feel like dying.

ignace

Mega Poster

Never thought of a top 10, but here are some awful and disappointing coasters anyway:

Temple of the Nighthawk
Boring, long, you can't see a thing, it does nothing at all, Probably the best coaster to sleep in ever.

Typhoon
Yes, a coaster can be painfull AND boring now... Burn it to the ground please, it's a shame we had to lose a looping star for this contraption.

Goudurix
extremely painfull (gives me a huge headache), but I do think it is a beautifull coaster.

Black mamba
Probably an "ok" ride for the most, but is was my first B&M and the only one I don't like so far. It isn't intense, it isn't good, but it isn't bad either.

Anaconda
I will never ride this thing again. I don't have the guts. My ribs nearly broke and I'm not even overreacting.

Eurocoaster
A dutch fair ride. Suspended wild mouse from Reverchon. Tries to make your whole body hurt in every turns and on every brake. The layout consists of turns and brakes.

There are a lot more, but I believe I listed the worst.

kimahri

CF Legend

I305 - Bleh.

Velocity- Double bleh.

They're my two least favorite out of everything that I can safely put in a numbered list. Other Crap rides not Including kiddie credz will need a think.

That Bobsled in Parc asterix was uncomfotably bumpy but there was some novely to it.

El Toro is a theoretical crap ride. It was fun yes but it's not what I'd define as a woodie. Also that stupid last half is ****.

Ride of Steel is Hilariously crap.

Other Volcano, FoF, Shockwave and Dominator, Kings Dominion is just meeh.

Boulderdash is overrated and therefore I'm putting it on here to annoy people.

The Jersey shore crap.

Jake

Strata Poster

Dunno why everyone is saying Manhattan Express... I thought it was secretly fab! But then, TOGO creds are overslated I think. Well, I've only done two, but still.

Also secretly love Tornado at M&D's too <3.

Just remembered another vile one. This:

9hpmlg00511b12gah13fj1.jpg

... for trying to seperate my scrotum from the rest of my body.

It's weird, the one in Finland was fine, but this one eugh <///3.

cookie

Giga Poster

Excluding kiddie creds:

10. Kanonen - Liseberg
Short, cramped and pretty shaky. The launch was good, though.

9. Rutschebanen - Bakken
I used to think this ride was great... before the new trains were installed. Actually it's not the new trains that's the problem, it's the brake system that came with it. It slows the ride down to a snail's pace before each big drop. Stupid Kumbak took a landmark coaster and neutered it.

8. Primeval Whirl - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Rough ride and lame themening, but I find it enjoyable enough to place it low on the list.

7. Green Scream - Adventure Island
Not a rough ride, but really nothing to write home about.

6. Tower of Terror II - Dreamworld
It's really just a one-trick pony. It goes really fast but that's about it.

5. Vilde Mus - Bakken / Wilde Maus - Fair in Rostock, Germany (TIE)
Smoother Wild Mouse models than Crazy Mine @ Hansa Park, but that ride is a guilty pleasure for me because of the intensity and the themening. These two are just "meh" rides overall.

3. Rage - Adventure Island
It's like riding a trash can down a hill. Do NOT lean your head back unless you want a headache from constantly bumping into the OTSRs. Thankfully Gerstlauer managed to avert this completely with Fluch Von Novgorod.

2. Hollywood Rip, Ride Rockit - Universal Studios Florida
A great disappointment and a massive eyesore of a coaster. What the hell was Universal thinking when they designed this piece of dung?

1. Supersonic Odyssey - Cosmo's World
I sat ten minutes in the train waiting to dispatch for the roughest ride I've ever been on.

Last edited:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

In no particular order:

Goudrix, Park Asterix - has the potential to be a really good ride with an interesting layout, but you come off feeling like you've been abused

Dragon, Ocean Park - ear bashing to the point where I didn't want to re-ride

Dream Catcher, Bobbejaanland - ear-bashing so violent it can draw blood!

Rock and Rollercoaster, Disney Paris - did they borrow the disco lights from my cousin's wedding?

Furious Baco, Port Aventura - OMG the pain. The actual PAIN!

Batwing, Six Flags America - Being cooked on my back in the hot, hot sun was not my favorite memory of last summer

Storm Runner, Hersheypark - just vile in every way. I didn't like the layout, the snake dive, the head-bashing, the restraints...

i-Speed, Mirabilandia - will Intamin ever be able to make a decent restraint? This one tried to sever my neck

Typhoon, Bobbejaanland - They should have taken one look at this and abondoned the Eurofighter forever

Zooom, Flamingoland - I know it's for kids, but it really does absolutely nothing

nadroJ

CF Legend

I don't get the Rip, Ride, Rockit hate? When I rode it is was so much fun, really fast, long, interesting layout and cool music, what's not to love?

Lofty

CF Legend

I don't really have a pre-decided Bottom Ten. But below are some coasters that are all the **** I've been on;

Magnus Colossus
Dreadful coaster. It feels like it has triangle wheels, bouncing here and there and nearly stalling at several points.

Gwazi
It was SO dreadful in terms of comfort and re-ridability, but I kind of did love it slightly.

The Big One
No matter how much people try to dress it up, it's ****, always has been since I first rode it, still is now, no matter how much track work they do, it's still dire.

Stampida - POST Kumbak changes.
Just dreadful, it used to be such a fantastic coaster, I really used to love it, so much and then Kumbak came along... It's now so rough and makes you feel like you're getting absolutely twatted in your stomach. Vile thing.

Wild Mouse Pleasure Beach
I know how much people on here love it, it's just not for me. It's rough, hurts, wild - yes. But I refuse to ride.

Tizona (now Titanide) & El Condor
We all know SLC's can be very rough, well, these both take the piss, they're stupidly rough.

cookie

Giga Poster

nadroJ said:
I don't get the Rip, Ride, Rockit hate? When I rode it is was so much fun, really fast, long, interesting layout and cool music, what's not to love?
It had no excuse being as rough as when I rode it opening year. I heard the roughness depends on the train, but in that case it's baffling how Maurer Söhne manages to supply both good and **** trains at the same time.

I think Universal lies to blame for the design, though. There is no attempt to make the music choices work with the ride and it's one of the tackiest looking coasters I've ever seen. I get that they were going for something like Hollywood Dream over in Japan, but HRRR just comes off as ugly.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

Colossus - mainly because of those darn cramped trains! Plus the run down themeing, and its ever-worsening roughness, bring this once top 10 coaster into my bottom 10.

Euro-Mir - The only good thing about this coaster is the lift hill.

Grand National - a whiplash machine. But I love it when it's not destroying me!

Gouderix - disappointment itself! Looks great, rides disgustingly.

X: N/W/O - the uninspired puke-inducer.

Indiana Jones et le Tempil Du Peril - trumped up seaside coaster snore fest.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Don't really have a bottom ten, all I know is that Huracan at Belantis is the worst ride I've been on. That thing was such a bruiser. So sad since it looked so awesome.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

I'm surprised no - one before me has mentioned the diabolical death machine that is Sequoia Adventure, which seems to be have been created with nothing but the callous intention of exerting spain, right from the start. Gardaland have succeeded in deluding us into thinking that the ride might be remotely thrilling, but I still cannot comprehend the point in inverting you three times...and the ending...'ouch' is an understatement.

sequoia_gardaland_zoom.jpg

Gwazi - Provoked my family to swear that they would never ride a woodie again. Although I conversely love being thrown around, this is my limit. And they're not synchronized.

X- No way out - For reasons stated earlier in the forum

Revenge of the mummy - USfl - So weak and painful. The ride is disappointing, but the fire and the theming make it bearable.

Treeis

Mega Poster

Infusion is pretty much the equivalent of sticking your head inside a washing machine full of bricks.

BraveNewWhirls

Roller Poster

I don't really have ten but here are some stinkers:

- Goudurix
- Diablo (PortAventura)
- Furius Baco (except the front seat, that was good)
- X: WTF (lights on)
- Shock Wave (Brean)
- Shockwave (Drayton Manor)
- Colossus (third time around - not that bad always)
- SAW (for roughness)

That's it really. Others have their flaws but I wouldn't say they're bad because of it.
I wouldn't really say SAW is a bad ride but it was too uncomfortable to really enjoy everything.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

1. Roller Soaker - Hersheypark
2. Woodstock's Express - Dorney Park
3. Thunderhawk- Dorney Park
4. Wildcat - Lake Compounce
5. Mind Eraser - SFNE
6. Canobie Corkscrew - Canobie Lake Park
7. Flashback - SFNE
8. Great Chase - SFNE
9. Sidewinder - Hersheypark
10. Trailblazer - Hersheypark

nadroJ

CF Legend

CoasterCrazy said:
I'm surprised no - one before me has mentioned the diabolical death machine that is Sequoia Adventure, which seems to be have been created with nothing but the callous intention of exerting spain, right from the start. Gardaland have succeeded in deluding us into thinking that the ride might be remotely thrilling, but I still cannot comprehend the point in inverting you three times...and the ending...'ouch' is an understatement.

See I didn't find Sequoia Adventure painful, I just found it really dull. Like, it felt so controlled that I was practically yawning the whole way round. Sure it sucked, but it didn't hurt.

ignace

Mega Poster

Mysterious Sue said:
Pussies! I love Sequoia Adventure. Hangtime FTW <3

I don't like hangtime. In fact I hate it. It isn't thrilling, it doesn't feel good, al it does is making my shoulders hurt. That's the main reason Anubis will never be one of my top-favorites.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Mysterious Sue said:
Pussies! I love Sequoia Adventure. Hangtime FTW <3

Sue's said two excessively wrong things TWO pages in a row?! (iSpeed and StormRunner aren't bad rides at all, indeed, StormRunner is one of the few Intamins my neck has agreed with)