What's new

What's on TV?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Been watching Eastwick, a tv series based on the book/movie The Witches of Eastwick. Not very good, but will watch another episode or two to make sure.

New series of Desperate Housewives. Not bad, but the show will never be as good now that Nicolette Sheridan has gone.

Haven't watched them yet, but will soon be watching the first few episodes of the new seasons of Dexter and Nip/Tuck.

Ben

CF Legend
gavin said:
New series of Desperate Housewives. Not bad, but the show will never be as good now that Nicolette Sheridan has gone.

Agreed. Something has been missing this series, and it has been her.

I don't think it's getting a bit long in the tooth now to just be "OMG, new neighbour! OMG, they did something bad!". But, it's still amazing.

Glee last night was amazing as always. Not the best, but, still. And it proved My Fair Lady should never. Ever. Ever. EVER. EVVVVER. In all the World. EVER. Be sung in an American accent. GOD. That was wrong.

Also, South Park <3

peep

CF Legend
Finished watching Harper's island last night. It was such a great show. 13 episodes, some stupid amount of sick and twisted death scenes and some fantastic plot twists. I'm shocked at how I don't know anyone else who watched it. I just loved every part of the show, it was so quick and well executed (excuse the pun), I want more Horror-themed TV shows.

mrclam

Giga Poster
peep said:
Finished watching Harper's island last night. It was such a great show. 13 episodes, some stupid amount of sick and twisted death scenes and some fantastic plot twists. I'm shocked at how I don't know anyone else who watched it. I just loved every part of the show, it was so quick and well executed (excuse the pun), I want more Horror-themed TV shows.

Best canadian tv program since littlest hobo!

Fun crppy clam fact: Filmed on Bowen island - where i went on a camping holiday this year during the summer. (was great... fairly secluded island with a very small population and very few people around.. bliss!)

.. I'll see if i can find photos of me on harpers island :--D

Other "fun" bowen island facts:

1. it's 20 sq miles big

2. it has a population of 3500 people

1. was the location for this tv series, but also some MAJOR movies - such as "look who's talking", "stakeout", "bird on a wire", "wicker man" (the awful remake) & the fog.

Learn something new every day.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I saw the BBC News readers do a some unoriginal and crap dance routine on Children in Need.

I thought it was ****. I really LOVE Susannah Reid. She's a top babe. However, she danced like a wooden puppet which kind of spoiled my fantasy. I'm not saying that I'd rather poke Pinocchio, but as least he wanted to be real. Sexy Susannah was not real, it was too fake.

Quite disappointed. So Hos Woganess didn't convince me to part with any of my money tonight. If Susannah gave me at least a semi-on, I would have donated, but no puppeteer could work their magic after that performance.

Ollie

CF Legend
That trial the crappy camp did today in Celebrity was hilarious. George was awesome and we were all pissing ourselves laughing at what was happening. :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ What the **** are you talking about?

George? Celebrity? Sometimes I feel I'm not talking the same language as others.

Ollie

CF Legend
^^None of the celebrities in that show are proper celebrities Ian. You should know that by now. :p

Lain

Giga Poster
Has anybody been watching Misfits?

It started the other week on E4 (or it might have been Channel 4, I'm not sure), and it's pretty good. It's about a group of ASBOs who get hit by lightning and gain superpowers.

Yeah, it's a lot better than it sounds like it would be. :p

peep

CF Legend
^YAY!

I only just caught up with the first episode of Misfits but I already know about one of the main scenes in the second episode. I'm loving it and it makes it so much more fun to watch when I've actually met the cast and producer :p

I'm also watching Heroes at the moment which is so much better than the other seasons (apart from the first season, that was epic).

Spooks is also really good at the moment, I've always been a fan but this series does seem to be really entertaining.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Ian said:
I saw the BBC News readers do a some unoriginal and crap dance routine on Children in Need.

Haha I hate when they do those routines as I find them so cringing to watch. Then when I see them presenting the again I can never get that sight out of my head.

I wonder do they even enjoy doing them or do they feel forced to perform.

peep

CF Legend
Just watched the second episode of Misfits (yeah, I know, I'm one episode behind). So funny, although I already knew the twist because of work :( Still excellent though, can't wait to catch up with the third episode.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
In the event of the 100-year jubilee for Bergensbanen, the railway between Bergen and Oslo, NRK showed an end-to-end POV of it last night. In the tunnels, various clips from the railway's history were shown.

I said "last night", and I mean it. It started at 8 o'clock PM, and lasted to 03:20. I didn't watch more than a third of it, from Bergen to Finse, but it was still quite epic. My father watched the program in its entirety, including the ten minutes when the train stood still at Nationaltheateret (the last stop before the end of the railway) due to a signal error (funnily enough the most common reason for delayed trains in Norway).

Still, epic. A marvellous engineering feat, costing two and a half times the state budget to build, and the original line took ten years to build. It's later been reckoned as one of the best investments in Norwegian history, and one of the most beautiful railways in the world. Great commentary as well.

Lain

Giga Poster
Since I saw a trailer for it at the cinema, and since Ben is always going on about it, and since I heard Joss Whedon was going to direct an episode next year, I thought I'd give 'Glee' a watch.

It's pretty good, y'know.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The single best documentary ever made, Grey Gardens, is on Channel 4 tomorrow (wednesday 30th) at 12:45 at night. WATCH IT!

peep

CF Legend
^What's that about Mr Gavin? I don't think I fancy sitting up till 12:45 at night to watch it, but I'm intrigued what it's about.

Did anyone watch the two episodes of Cranford? I really enjoyed them. I'm not sure why (well, the second episode was epic...Tim Curry and Dame Judi Dench <3) but I just found it really enjoyable.