What's new

What's on TV?

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Well since we have all the relevant topics for movies, games and songs I thought a topic like this would be needed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ljxk3

Last night I watched a documentary on BBC3 presented by George Lamb. It was called "How can I legally get high?".
The programme was pretty insightful to some of the legal drugs that this country allows youths to take. Some of them are as dangerous as illegal substances.

I was shocked to find out if you alter an illegal drug such as Cocaine with a minor tweak, the drug is then actually legal. It's weird to explain but worth a watch.

Well okay, here are some things I have watched recently:

Glee

Well, the storyline isn't the greatest, but I love the way they combined a musical with a show like this, and most of the songs they have sang have been absolutely amazing remakes of real songs. So yah I recommend it if you like musicals and a bit of light humour.. It's a cute show.

Dinosaur Mummy

Was a documentary type thing on the Discovery Channel (okay I won't lie, I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to history and documentaries and whatnot) about a completely mummified Duckbill dinosaur. It was superrr interesting, they found it and gave it a bunch of xrays and stuff and found out that it still had most of its internal organs intact. Also showed them trying to discover how it died, etc.. So for me being a nerd, it was interesting!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
UI've been watching Waking The Dead on the BBC iPlayer. (Use an IP blocker if watching abroad.)

It's like a UK CSI without the glitz.

Us Brits excel at dramas with strong characters. WTD is about a police depatment solving cold cases. It runs over a two one hour episodes.

Watch it and see what I mean.

mrclam

Giga Poster
What's on tv?

I wouldnt have a clue - i cancelled my tv subscription back in march after being disgusted at the crp which accounts for "entertainment" out here.

Actually, the entertainment wasnt the worst bit.. it's no worse than the uk (actually it's a bit better.. big brother is almost watchable out here as the contestants are almost normal), it was the news which did it for me.

I challenge anyone to watch more than 2 hours of cnn/fox/nbc (SPECIFICALLY fox though - but the others are just as bad) without wanting to put your foot through the tv in disgust at the nonsense propaghanda filled one sided idiot media. It's no wonder some Ermerikunz turn out the way they do!

Jon Stewart ALMOST was enough for me to keep my subscription.. but in reality.. no.

And judging by what's on tv at the moment in the uk.. x factor and you think you can dance.. on the two main channels AT THE SAME TIME?!!? How the HELL is that choice? Who does that benefit? The idiot, low IQ brigade that like this stuff wont benefit as they'd have to record one if they want to watch the other... And those of us who hate this sort of stuff have no alternative on the other side! That's the most stupidest thing i've ever heard! I'd be sending my tv license back to the bbc along with a turd in a box if i was in the uk.

wash

Mega Poster
mrclam said:
I challenge anyone to watch more than 2 hours of cnn/fox/nbc (SPECIFICALLY fox though - but the others are just as bad) without wanting to put your foot through the tv in disgust at the nonsense propaghanda filled one sided idiot media.
I now respect you to no end. TV news is complete trash (usually more reality TV than news) masquerading as journalism that appeals to the appeals to the inner child of the lowest common denominator.

Mike

Giga Poster
Shooting Stars, Mock the Week, HIGNFY, QI and any other BBC comedy panel gameshows all make watching TV well worthwhile.

Shooting Stars has got to be my favourite from these shows.
It's just totally random nonsense, which I love. :)

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm with Mike. The only TV programs worth watching at the moment tend to be comedy panel shows. But occasinally a documentary comes up with I get hooked on. Psychoville recently was fantastic, and hopefuly a second series will follow.

The only channels I tend to watch anymore are BBC1, BBC2 and Channel 4. Most of the other channels just produce rubbish or, in Dave's case, just reruns of shows that I've now seen enough to get bored of.

ITV, although generally rubbish, can put out some well executed game shows (Pokerface, Duel and The Cube spring to mind) but the overhyped ITV nature of everything is very annoying.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Just to step in and defend my beloved programme, South Park.
It's a great programme and isn't showed enough due to stupid Comedy Central.

I also like panel shows, especially when the likes of Jimmy Carr, Jason Manford & Frankie Boyle are involved.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Panel shows, Mock The Week, Have I Got News For You, that kind of thing, and Top Gear repeats on Dave. Family Guy when it's on.

kimahri

CF Legend
I tend to watch cartoons... Tom and jerry, ben 10, grim adventures of billy and mandy blah blah blah. I like mythbusters and the How it's made, stuff works and things like that. I also watch miami ink.

I hate british TV.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I watched Dead Ringers last night. Not seen it in ages to be fair, so I thought I'd try it again.

I only lasted 15 of the 30 minutes due to boredom, Jon Culshaw is not as funny as I used to believe. He can only really impersonate Bush & Blair, both characters are dated.

Nic

Strata Poster
currently watching the repeat of the Top Gear where they get cars for 17 year olds. I bloody love it. Hilarious. Plus, its one of VERY few episodes that i've seen less than 3 times before. Yay for TG! :D

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'm with everyone who says that comedy panel shows are really the only good things on. I tend to listen to radio alot more, the gameshows on there tend to be much funnier.

I suppose the only drama I really enjoy watching is Numbers.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Vadge said:
currently watching the repeat of the Top Gear where they get cars for 17 year olds. I bloody love it. Hilarious. Plus, its one of VERY few episodes that i've seen less than 3 times before. Yay for TG! :D

What celebrity is on that episode?
I need to see somebody take Simon Cowell off the top 10 lap times, before I feel ashamed.

Emmett

Giga Poster
jayjay said:
Most of the other channels just produce rubbish or, in Dave's case, just reruns of shows that I've now seen enough to get bored of.

Yeah there is only so many times I can watch Top Gear repeats before it becomes boring and you know exactly what line is coming next.

I've been watching mostly documentaries lately, especially some of the 4OD stuff when I can get it working. Also I've really got into all the CSI's recently but the Miami one still pisses all over the others just for Horatio Caine.

Ben

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Glee

Well, the storyline isn't the greatest, but I love the way they combined a musical with a show like this, and most of the songs they have sang have been absolutely amazing remakes of real songs. So yah I recommend it if you like musicals and a bit of light humour.. It's a cute show.

OMG, Glee <3

^ The guy is pretty hot.. ;)

Tonight's episode is gonna be totally intense though! The title of the episode is "Preggers" so I'm guessing the stupid cheerleader girl gets pregnant.

Is it on Wednesdays there?