What's new

What's on TV?

Oh double post but Ben, Glee was so fab tonight, have fun watching it when it comes online illegally! I was totally mad when the episode ended, I was like noooo I want to know what happens next! And I love Kurt haha he's such a cutie.

RCF

Strata Poster
Well the new season of House started the other day and it's a really good show. It's on Mondays. I love it to death.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
Well the new season of House started the other day and it's a really good show. It's on Mondays. I love it to death.

I've just started watching it, and it's just Star Trek in a hospital.

Pre credits: Dramatic disaster
Post credits: Focus on some lame inter character story
Ten mins in: Discover disaster and make hypothesis as to what it can be
Next 20 mins: lots of techno -mumbo-jumbo attempts to sort out disaster
Thirty mins in: Make disaster worse by trying the wrong things.
5 mins before end: Sudden brainwave and some techno-mumbo-jumo solves disaster.
Final 1 minute: Wrap up the inter character bit from before.

All these 45 minute dramas work on pretty much exactly the same formula. No matter what characters you put into them, they always end up being bland by nature. I do laugh at some of the lines Hugh Laurie gets (and I do like Hugh Laurie), but I'm finding it a bit tedious. It's higher quality tedium than usual, and I am also a Star Trek fan so it's not a bad thing - it's just not outstanding TV. It's the TV equivalent of mashed potatoes.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I see your way of thinking, furie. Here's a (modem-killing) diagram:
cracked-article.jpg

Source

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^That is win...

EDIT: Those lucky Americans have the 3rd season of Big Bang Theory already, but thanks to the internet, I have seen the first episode and lol'd very much...

Sheldon is awesome...

If you have not seen Big Bang Theory, watch it, one of the best American comedies ever!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I wish there was a "thanks" button Pokemaniac! :lol: Brilliant.

I've spent the last two weeks watching Masterchef on BBC2. The judge/presenter is 100% Ian and some of the food looks awesome!

peep

CF Legend
^Haha, I've never noticed that about the guy on Masterchef before.

I watch a few programs, Big bang theory, Mock the week, Harper's Island, Family Guy, Veronica Mars, Heroes, Murder she wrote (Angela Lansbury ftw), Reno 911!, just started watching Peep show and I think that's it.

Ben

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Oh double post but Ben, Glee was so fab tonight, have fun watching it when it comes online illegally! I was totally mad when the episode ended, I was like noooo I want to know what happens next! And I love Kurt haha he's such a cutie.

It was amazing! I love and hate Kurt at the same time. Love him because he's amazing, hate him cause that's the second episode in a row he's made me CRY.

^ AWW I didn't cry haha but he's such a peachh! He looks IDENTICAL to a guy from my work I was like holy crap haha, but yah, why did he make you cry? I don't understand? It wasn't exactly sad, I mean I felt bad for him but it wasn't cry worthy, and I'm a big crybaby!

Ben

CF Legend
I'm probably a bit biased though, and would be more likely to weep cause it's the whole gay issue I guess? Last episode was the worst when he told Mercedes </3 Omg. I nearly died.

^ Ohh yah I figured it was because of that, I did feel really bad when Mercedes said how she liked him though.. It'd be a horrible situation to be in for both of them!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I very rarely watch TV anymore. If I do switch it on, I'll look for Documentary's, Family Guy or QI.

The only time I'll plan to watch TV is if Dr Who is on.

jokerman

Giga Poster
DR WHO!!! It's been so long since it's been on. I've been watching the repeats on BBC3, to work out some of the stuff I didn't get years ago because my attention span was so bad back then.

Ben

CF Legend
Just to reiterate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2FMdOLyRcA&feature=related[/youtube]

WATCH GLEE.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've been watching Glee, but can't decide if I'm enjoying it or not to be honest.

On the plus side, it is very, very funny in places. I **** ing LOVE the cheerleading coach.

I'm just not into the musical side of it, which I know is stupid as the whole story is based around a singing/dancing club.

I'm going to keep watching it though.

peep

CF Legend
I have no idea what this Glee thing is but did anyone else watch Flashforward last Monday night? I reckon it'll be similar to Lost and just drag out too much to the point where you don't watch it any more. I'll continue to watch it to see if it stays interesting though.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Frankie Boyle has left MTW!

I am unconsolable.

First Rorry, now Frankie, I can see Hugh Dennis going aswell soon, the guests are normaly **** and Andy Parsons is often just as bad. Russel is alright but not amazing. They should get Michael Macityre in.