What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

peep

CF Legend
Peeps have been hoping the construction walls come down for soft opening for the last week or so, I'd say it'd open by the end of may. So yeah, with a month or two in between openings they get to spread the media coverage.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Outside of coasterforce I never hear whispers from "people with sources", but I did hear that they are having technical difficulties with the ride vehicles (this was about a week ago though.)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Pink Panther said:
Outside of coasterforce I never hear whispers from "people with sources", but I did hear that they are having technical difficulties with the ride vehicles (this was about a week ago though.)
Pretty common. I've known the same people with sources for 10+ years who are always right and they aren't on CF. I just have no desire to share what they say half the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

It wasn't that this was uncommon, more that I I'm usually completely out the loop with these things .
If I'm honest I just read it online, but I wanted an ounce of credibility because I now believe it to be true. Testing started ages ago and with the Hulk, the park must have wanted it to be open by now so they can properly market a new attraction twice without one taking away too much attention from the other.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Fallout Boy?
yNlQWRM.jpg

It's an odd selection but hey, their music aint bad.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Is the park even allowed to add any new Marvel attractions? Could that be why there weren't any modifications to the track layout?

EDIT: I briefly read the contract, I didn't understand a lot but some parts implied that that the attractions must be kept open apart from temporary refurbishment/maintenance. Maybe retracking comes under that, but not reprofiling.
Once THE MARVEL UNIVERSE opens within the above time period, the term of this agreement shall continue for so long as a THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall remain open (and operated consistent with the standards of the next paragraph below) at any Universal Theme Park (allowing for temporary closures for force majeure events or refurbishment/maintenance provided they are being diligently pursued), except for termination for material breach (with written notice and a reasonable opportunity to cure).

Each THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall be operated and maintained in a first class manner consistent with the highest standards of the theme park industry and shall be deemed “open” only when operated in such manner (subject to temporary closures for force majeure events as described in the prior paragraph).

With this bit I couldn't work out if they were talking about the existing attractions or not:
The restrictions set forth in subparagraphs a and b above shall not apply to any The Marvel Action Universe or elements thereof which already “Exists” on the “Trigger Date” (both defined below) and would be thereafter impacted by subparagraphs a and b above due to the creation of a new THE MARVEL UNIVERSE in a Universal Theme Park. However, no such Marvel Action Universe shall be materially enhanced in relation to any otherwise prohibited element (except as to matters of governmental compliance and general refurbishment and updating) after the opening of such new THE MARVEL UNIVERSE in a Universal Theme Park.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm

Dar

Hyper Poster
Pink Panther said:
Is the park even allowed to add any new Marvel attractions? Could that be why there weren't any modifications to the track layout?

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm

There doesn't seem to be anything that would prevent them from building new rides, but they do have to pay Marvel a fee every year and any new Marvel universe ( a collection of attractions and support) has to cost a minimum amount.

With this bit I couldn't work out if they were talking about the existing attractions or not:
The restrictions set forth in subparagraphs a and b above shall not apply to any The Marvel Action Universe or elements thereof which already “Exists” on the “Trigger Date” (both defined below) and would be thereafter impacted by subparagraphs a and b above due to the creation of a new THE MARVEL UNIVERSE in a Universal Theme Park. However, no such Marvel Action Universe shall be materially enhanced in relation to any otherwise prohibited element (except as to matters of governmental compliance and general refurbishment and updating) after the opening of such new THE MARVEL UNIVERSE in a Universal Theme Park.

This seems to just say that if something already uses Marvel properties before the area opened in Universal, then they won't be affected by the clauses that stop Marvel areas being built within 30 miles, and no Marvel area within 300 miles "shall contain more than one simulator, nor shall such simulator hold more than 20 people." - oddly specific, I guess because of Spiderman? - but the other areas can't be improved or expanded.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Wait did they steal my "broken coaster track as theming" idea? Those bastards.

I'm joking, obviously they didn't steal it.

I'm just happy Universal thought that was cool idea too though. Because it is. Just like all my ideas. Obviously.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ FWIW, this footage is of the later, slower half of the ride.

Wow, it looks like... Hulk. :lol:

Ben

CF Legend
Joey said:
Wait did they steal my "broken coaster track as theming" idea? Those bastards.

I'm joking, obviously they didn't steal it.

I'm just happy Universal thought that was cool idea too though. Because it is. Just like all my ideas. Obviously.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Did you have the idea in 1994 as well then?