What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

spicy

Giga Poster
Love the entrance.

Although they have made a new zero car as it matches the new design. I wanted them to re-use the front of the old train as a nod to old Hulk :p

Can't be long till this is open now surely..?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
SilverArrow said:
Apparently there is a VR preview thing in the toon lagoon theatre which features a VR hulk coaster related video. Apparently it's a fact finding exercise to get people's opinions on VR for future developments rather than anything to do with hulk.

Source: One of the Orlando park blog things posted it but I cba to find it as I'm in a ride queue.

Are you in Orlando now? Get yourself down there and be like "first of all, bitch..."

readImage

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Pink Panther said:
SilverArrow said:
Apparently there is a VR preview thing in the toon lagoon theatre which features a VR hulk coaster related video. Apparently it's a fact finding exercise to get people's opinions on VR for future developments rather than anything to do with hulk.

Source: One of the Orlando park blog things posted it but I cba to find it as I'm in a ride queue.

Are you in Orlando now? Get yourself down there and be like "first of all, bitch..."

readImage
I am yeah. Haha. I will do but was holding off going to IOA incase it opened.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Lofty said:
Please arrive and be like "VR is ****", save us all from Universal trying to do it, too.
I might well do that. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] Although I haven't actually done anything VR yet.

I can't see then not doing it though unfortunately. After all it's an opportunity to put in more screens and we know how much universal love them!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Double post but they're running it on empty today. Not sure if that was happening before. Usually empty is the last they do before people tests right?

41ea80c35f1538d96c1b9d44580b6e5c.jpg

peep

CF Legend
They've been doing tests for a few weeks now. No one seems to know when it'll be opening though.

Don't think it's been mentioned in here but they've added larger rider seats to more rows, including the front row.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

peep said:
They've been doing tests for a few weeks now. No one seems to know when it'll be opening though.

Don't think it's been mentioned in here but they've added larger rider seats to more rows, including the front row.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Empty ones? I know they've been doing dummies for ages.

So I just did the VR test thing. It was pretty short and they didn't really ask for much feedback just like "you enjoyed that right?" to some people. I got the impression they were just testing the logistics of using VR rather than actually wanting to see if people hap. The headsets were using phones, they had 'confidential' stickers on them but the cameras looked square so looked androids of some sort. Some of them didn't work.

I wanted to tell them it was decent but I wouldn't like it for coasters but they didn't ask for my opinion and I haven't done any of the VR coasters so am only basing my opinion on what others have said really. Anyway hulk looked nice in the graphics.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__mtma-_V5o[/youtubevid]

Not as good as Monster in terms of lighting, but still looks gorgeous.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Human test riders are getting spins on this now. Also, judging by the video audio, this thing sounds awfully quiet compared to how loud it used to be. To be honest, I'm a bit sad that this won't have that awesome roar anymore... I mean it is themed to the Hulk, a big, loud monster, so it should roar loud and proud.....

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdTw1VZJzkg[/youtubevid]

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Another MM video, this time with Night Testing and lights. It looks gorgeous.

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTtPJajkkvc[/youtubevid]

Hutch

Strata Poster
This is absurd that they really went and just rebuilt the whole thing. I'll take it though.

It looks like it's been running faster than the old one. Anyone else think so?

Lofty

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI1rVtdnSvY[/youtube]

This is actually quite fab :lol: . The 'HUHHHHHHH' noise is making me lol.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That 'Rawr' sounds terrible imo. Everything else is absolutely spectacular though.

But who am I kidding? If you're nitpicking at those kinds of details, you have a damn good ride.