What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Looks like they might be taking purple out of the color scheme. The green and purple was a bit 90s. Will be interested to see the new station/queueline interior.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Ive heard that the Hulk had a bit of rattle and roughness to it but would I be correct to assume it will be buttery smooth like new again when this rebuild and restoration is finished?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It certainly had better (even though rattle would most likely be due to the trains, not track). Most. Expensive. Retrack. Ever.t

Robbie

Hyper Poster
SilverArrow said:
Looks like they might be taking purple out of the color scheme. The green and purple was a bit 90s.
Green and purple have been Hulk's colours since the 60s!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Robbie said:
SilverArrow said:
Looks like they might be taking purple out of the color scheme. The green and purple was a bit 90s.
Green and purple have been Hulk's colours since the 60s!
Fair enough, I know he has purple shorts but I think the black will look more modern.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
It might be nothing, but this shows some hot off the press artwork with a car that resembles the originals. I don't know why, I just keep on expecting something new :x

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Orlando_United/status/728676062134046721[/tweet]

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Seems a bit of a waste of time to keep it EXACTLY the same, I'd say kill two birds with one stone and change up the trains and market the **** out of the new experience. Perhaps Universal don't want to lower themselves to that.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Really hope the new entrance looks like that

Just gonna say - they did announce in the original press that it would have some altered trains of some kind. So I suppose it's just a waiting game as to what that could mean!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Wish they would hurry up and announce some more stuff about this. It's all gone quiet.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Dar said:
It does like the Hulk is destroying the old track and train in that picture?
I didn't think of it like that! I hope you're right it would be the perfect way of re-using old trains (and track)

SilverArrow said:
Wish they would hurry up and announce some more stuff about this. It's all gone quiet.
We might be hearing something soon! [tweet]https://twitter.com/UniversalORL/status/729461932143611904[/tweet]
Ch-i9MxWUAAMI6z.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well that looks like they're keeping the old style restraints, unless they're somehow adding vests to them too? The new vest style ones don't have the handles:

aadpwva

aadahwa

So maybe just a new light package?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The new restraints mean for wider cars and I don't recall the park making the launch tunnel any wider.

This old photo makes it seem like it looks wide enough...
maxresdefault.jpg

...Though, the stairs either side might be for evacuation as well as maintenance, so with wider trains, it'll be difficult for guests to get out the train and onto the stairs.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
New trains revealed! Wow they look sweet! I couldn't get the youtubevid insert to work since I am on mobile currently but here is the link-

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Th3Gnd6zQ[/youtubevid]

EDIT: Fixed the YouTube link for you - Hixee

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
That zero car looks so much better! the headlights <3
I exalt the extravagant entrance too - such as improvement (alton towers hew!).
I hope the art work for the queue line theming is accurate. I guess it will feel similar to the Transformers queue, but with everything in gorgeous green!