What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

They've also created a new launch sequence. Yay.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Also re-designed was the ride vehicle, which now sports a sleek, modern new look along with a brand new, in-seat audio system that booms an original ride score created by Patrick Stump, front man for rock band, Fall Out Boy.

omg Fall out boy are amazing! The whole retrack is now deemed worthwhile :mrgreen:

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
boo u whore
NSac0JL.jpg

Intricks

Strata Poster
Is it just me, or do those seats seem a bit more spread out than a normal B&M looper train.

Ive never bothered really paying any attention to seat spacing, but I feel like those are a bit wider than before.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Fall out boy?

Why though?

I've had the misfortune of seeing them 3 times and despite liking a fair amount of their old discography they put on hands down the worst live show of any band I've seen. Their new stuff is absolute dross.

peep

CF Legend
I agree those trains look more spacious and I'm so glad they didn't go for the vest restraints.

I like Fall out boy and I'm intrigued to hear what the guy creates for the ride.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Some of you! Being catapulted out of the bombardment chamber while popping one's pussy to pop punk perfection is going to be such a sensorial experience.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
GuyWithAStick said:
YAS Fallout Boy is a FANTASTIC band! Can't wait to hear the soundtrack! <3
Should have used Kashmir by Led Zeppelin. Every ride should have used Kashmir by Led Zeppelin.

These are undoubtedly tremendous look trains - the zero car inspires a certain Hulk Buster look from Avengers 2.

vkuvg2mhshfelskuh21a.png

I am still however dumbfounded as to why the old track was replaced if they are using the same train design. Onboard audio does not add excessive weight beyond track strength, and you can easily retrofit old track with new launch mechanism, magnetic brakes, etc.

Oh well.

JSMarsden

Roller Poster
Hyde said:
GuyWithAStick said:
YAS Fallout Boy is a FANTASTIC band! Can't wait to hear the soundtrack! <3
Should have used Kashmir by Led Zeppelin. Every ride should have used Kashmir by Led Zeppelin.

These are undoubtedly tremendous look trains - the zero car inspires a certain Hulk Buster look from Avengers 2.

vkuvg2mhshfelskuh21a.png

I am still however dumbfounded as to why the old track was replaced if they are using the same train design. Onboard audio does not add excessive weight beyond track strength, and you can easily retrofit old track with new launch mechanism, magnetic brakes, etc.

Oh well.

Maybe they just had a massive wedge of cash burning a hole in their pocket and thought why the heck not? I like the idea that they have replaced the full track, along with launch etc and using some of the old track for the entrance. Hopefully it'll be a bit smoother again!
(Also they can 'announce' it more since it's taken longer, disappeared from the IoA Skyline, and reappeared fresh, with new launch etc)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They probably replaced all the track so they could watch enthusiasts around the world grapple with whether it's a new cred or not.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hixee said:
They probably replaced all the track so they could watch enthusiasts around the world grapple with whether it's a new cred or not.

Universal's execs, watching the enthusiast community as they were announcing:

giphy.gif

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

The trains look the same to me? They don't look more spread out, at all and I don't think they will be considering the tunnel (no wider track) and same wheel assembly, it ain't.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Batfastard posted the Relaunch Details video yesterday, here is the accompanying blog post and image stills. Also bad news, reopening is in "late summer": http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats- ... =123904480

hulk.jpg

hulk2.jpg

hulk3.jpg

hulk-1.jpg

hulk2.png

Also noticed in the Relaunch Details video, the zero car features running lights towards the bottom. Should be a gorgeous train.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
When does Kong open? It kind of makes sense to stagger the openings a bit I guess to get that bit of extra publicity. I can't really see why they'd be so "late" otherwise.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^They never specified a date, but considering they're testing fog and the Wait Time sign, I'd assume soft opening is either this or next weekend.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk