What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Universal IOA to close Hulk for new enhancements

Where is Mark and an angry post about how it's closed for HHN? ;)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Not that the ride was in need of enhancements, but nothing wrong with some TLC. Intrigued by the notion of new trains, and will be interested as to what that entails. Dare we begin the floorless conversion conversation? :wink:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

A new launch is actually not specifically called out in the announcement. All we have to really go on is:

We want to let you know that The Incredible Hulk Coaster will be getting some great, new enhancements to its storyline, ride vehicles and overall experience. ... I’ve been lucky enough to get a sneak peek at plans for The Incredible Hulk Coaster, and I can tell you the overall experience is going to feel more immersive and high-tech.

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster

Hyde said:
A new launch is actually not specifically called out in the announcement. All we have to really go on is:

We want to let you know that The Incredible Hulk Coaster will be getting some great, new enhancements to its storyline, ride vehicles and overall experience. ... I’ve been lucky enough to get a sneak peek at plans for The Incredible Hulk Coaster, and I can tell you the overall experience is going to feel more immersive and high-tech.

Take the source for what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/JayFromPixels/statu ... 3968536576

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Very cool - I went ahead and added the Twitter link to your original post for clarity's sake.

peep

CF Legend

I think Hulk rode really badly in 2012. My Twitter feed has been very interesting today what with D23 going on and then this. Someone mentioned there's a possibility of some re-tracking going on and that on board audio is pretty much a given.

I'm intrigued by the mention of immersed experience. I know it keeps getting bounded around at the mo but could Universal be toying with VR?

The theme will also be staying which puts to bed the rumours of Marvel leaving Universal parks any time soon.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

If they're retracking, I hope they change that awkward corkscrew to a zero g roll type element.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Martyn B

CF Legend

I only checked their maintenance schedule the other day as I'm going on 10th Sept! FFS!!

I'm annoyed, but improvements are needed. It grinded along the track in 2012. I get the feeling The Avengers may be brought into the story.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Hulk really needs to some TLC, so this is good news! Back in 2014 it was quite rough, especially towards the end of the ride.

Looking forward to see what they do with it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I would be interested if a magnetic launch is indeed to replace the tires, if they would be able to achieve the same rate of acceleration of 0-40 in 2 seconds.

S

SimonSays99

The corkscrews in the rear need some work - only rough part of the coaster.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Everything after the tunnel needs rework so glad to hear this, could be a great coaster if the 2nd half is fixed.

Lofty

CF Legend

Ethan said:
Where is Mark and an angry post about how it's closed for HHN? ;)
RIGHT HERE.

Bastards, during one of their busiest periods they start this? Surely it would have made more sense to start it in November when the parks go a lot quieter?

Martyn B

CF Legend

It's going to last like 10 months though, so closing in November will mean it'll be closed for all of summer 2016.

Trust me I'm just as bitter as you over this, but it makes sense them doing now really.

(I'm pleased I was completely un-spited on my visit to FL in Sept 2012, so far for this trip, Hulk, Primeval Whirl x2 and Pirates of the Caribbean are all spiting!)

Trihunter

Roller Poster

Literally went on it 2 days ago (reporting from Florida :D) it does need a little attention, but I wouldn't say it should be top priority.

Lofty

CF Legend

There's loads of rumours flying around Twitter on all of the 'Orlando Parks' types of accounts saying that it's going to get completely re-tracked, I very much doubt it, but, it got me thinking. DO you think we'll see the removal of the tire driven launch system for B&M's new LIM launch?

Martyn B

CF Legend

Most likely I'd say.

New trains is what I'm interested in. Off the top of my head, B&M don't really do 'new trains', so I'm looking forward to seeing what they're like.