What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

peep

CF Legend
Re: Universal IOA to close Hulk for new enhancements

Yeah I think a new launch system makes sense. As for new trains, maybe we'll see the vest harness added?

I'm also getting the impression from the Twitter accounts that we could be seeing a retheme, staying within Marvel, but a shift away from Hulk. That could be total bull though so take that with the tiniest pinch of salt.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend

IF the rights aren't an issue I could see them doing an Avengers thing, but obviously the comic version not the film version.

Basically **** on Disney for not having the rights to use the franchise in Orlando.

But as none of us are lawyers for Disney or Universal we don't really know what the rights situation is there.

I can't see them moving from Marvel though or the whole area would be going.

New trains and launch system I'd bet my nutsack on.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Lofty said:
B&M's new LIM launch?
That'd either be the best thing ever, the worst thing ever, or the biggest energy gobbler.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Gazza

Giga Poster

Trust me, that array of drive tyres would be more of an energy gobbler than any LSM launch would be.

LSM would be fine anyway, they manage to launch two trains simultaneously on BSG at USS uphill.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^I am well aware the drive tires take in more than LSMs. LIMs, not so sure. ;-)

Intricks

Strata Poster

The trains are dumped and new trains are 100% confirmed.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^Just to confirm. :wink:

12039725_10153609902654330_2985757835958789288_n.jpg

From Orlando Attractions Magazine's Facebook page.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Ben said:
IF the rights aren't an issue I could see them doing an Avengers thing, but obviously the comic version not the film version.

Basically **** on Disney for not having the rights to use the franchise in Orlando.

But as none of us are lawyers for Disney or Universal we don't really know what the rights situation is there.

I can't see them moving from Marvel though or the whole area would be going.

New trains and launch system I'd bet my nutsack on.

They actually can't. They only have the Rights to the characters for Hulk, Xmen and Spiderman and related characters. They can't use any avengers Unless the company that currently owns the rights (Disney (Marvel at the time of the original deal before the merger)) lets them.

peep

CF Legend

Well damn, maybe the whole re-track rumour was true. Good, needed it.

I find the picture of the dumped coaster cars really weird, it's not everyday someone chucks out a B&M.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Wow. This really is a true renovation. I wonder if a new color scheme is also in the works.

Ethan

Strata Poster

bob_3_ said:
12006653_964726076883137_3861909842504110321_o.jpg

Kinda sad to see really.

Looks like a more interesting version of Dismaland.

That is a sad photo though :( Hopefully the rumour of glowing track is true because that would look amazing!

spicy

Giga Poster

Wow they are literally pulling the whole thing down and rebuilding it.

Kind of strange never seen that before? And the coaster opened in 1999 it's not that old?

Kumba or Dragon Khan haven't been retracked and they are much older...

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I think this might be the first scrapped B&M, if they completely redo it. I would still think they'd keep the station and brake run, though.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

^And the Cobra roll and the Zero-G roll and the loop.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Are they really tearing down the whole thing though? I wouldn't be surprised if they tore down portions of track after the MCBR, but the entire structure would be millions and millions of dollars.

Just to offer some comparison, the city of Sandusky seriously ventured the possibility of buying Disaster Transport from Cedar Point for reconstruction elsewhere. Cedar Point crunched rough numbers, and to simply deconstruction and reconstruct the track on-site would be at least $2 million.

Granted, tearing down the track with a wrecker is far cheaper than undoing each piece of track - but it is still a costly endeavor.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Not sure if it's the entire thing, but there's a lot of it at the scrap yard:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTO8FgQ6kic[/youtube]

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

How rough was Hulk becoming in recent years? Since Portaventura is owned by Universal perhaps we may see the same treatment on Dragon Khan! I do worry that if Dragon Khan was retracked they would somehow gimp the intensity through modifications of the design.