What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

Xpress

Strata Poster
The launch fins you see on most NL rides are .3ds objects- you have to create them or beg for someone to make them. I suggest downloading The Object Creator, or wings 3D and get to work! :)

Intricks

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
The launch fins you see on most NL rides are .3ds objects- you have to create them or beg for someone to make them. I suggest downloading The Object Creator, or wings 3D and get to work! :)

Yea....I have the object creator and I can safely say that it is WAY to mathematical for me to even begin to attempt to create anything in it lol. Seeing as how so many people have made them, why isn't there a pack to download them in? Make it easier for us n00bs to attempt to make a more life like design.

Also, just realized this, I don't even know how to place an object .3ds file IN the damn game either >,> will fiddle around and try to figure that out first BEFORE asking how to do so.

Edit: Found how to insert objects, so disregard that last part.

Xpress

Strata Poster
OC is easy. Infact, it's the easiest 3D modeler program out there. You can only make objects in one of the side or top views. The bar all the way to the right is the depth gauge, or basically how deep you want the object (this is based upon whatever view you are in, it will always be headed towards the rear of your monitor, not necessarily down in height), and where you want it to start.

Then you go from there :)

Intricks

Strata Poster
Yea, tried it...i suck horridly at it. Will lurk a lot more and see if I can't find it as a download already somewhere, if not...then its begging time!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Most of us still don't know what the hell we're doing. It's pure chance that we get a coaster out of the ****ing thing.

Louis!

Mega Poster
Anyone know how to turn a track into a 3ds. I want to have it as an object so I can build theming to the correct size easier.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yup, download the CK and type in that code to gain full access to the CK.

Then go to Modeler -> Save Model As. You will want to save it without water and ground, otherwise you're going to get a HUGE 3D file. One more thing- sections that feature banking beyond about 140* tend to get all twisted out of whack, so just as a heads up if you think it's broken ;)

Louis!

Mega Poster
^See I have the CK, and loaded the track in, but when I went to save the model, the Save Model As option wasn't clickable :S

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^You've got to follow the link I posted and enter the serial codes from there to unlock the full version with all the features.

Louis!

Mega Poster
I'm pretty sure I registered it though. I'll check again though. Cheers.

[Edit:] Yeah it says Registered, but the option to save it still isnt available :S

[Edit:] It works now, cheers guys.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Okay, I'm going to do something that I've always said I'd never do...

I WANT TO USE TOOLS. *cue dramatic music*.

I know, I know, it's going back on everything I've ever said, BUT, I just wanna give it a go and see how it turns out.

I've tried downloading Newton, but every file I try has expired, does anyone know where I can get it from?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^There's nothing wrong with trying tools. In fact, if you do use them, at least you'll have experience to be able to make a proper decision.

I tried used Newton for a while, but ended up finding it too boring. At least I can say I tried.

It's still cheating though... ;)

(As for the file, no idea, Xpress will probably know)

A

Anonymous

Here is a bit of information for you hand building persons...

OK, since NL2 is coming out (soonish), and I don't care so much about NL so much at the moment. So here is a few keyboard short cuts I use to make smooth coasters in NL:
I - perfect node handle lengths, which is the most common problem on rough coasters
Y, Del - loads of this to smooth out bankings, requires quite short segments to work great
Ctrl+G, since it's really quick...

A

Anonymous

Yes, of course, but it also changes the node handles for that segment to the "perfect" length if you haven't noticed that on your straight bits, and it being straight is sorted with a bit of Ctrl+G :p
Just be sure that those bits that should be straight are...