What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

A

Anonymous

I'm pretty sure that there only is a trackpack extractor (not able to make them) available on mac nothing else...

Xpress

Strata Poster
The NoLimits base program was created on Linux, then converted for use on Windows and Mac.

Newton, Newton2, Purgatorium, Construction Kit, Elementary, Tunnel Maker, Object Creator, and all of the various non incorporated programs out there were designed to work with Windows only, with the exception of the Track Packager being created on Windows and exported for use on Mac, however it can only extract packaged, rather than create them.

So, to answer your question, you will need to run Windows on your Mac somehow if you want to be able to use any of the various non incorporated programs out there for NoLimits (again, Track Packager is the exception). I could get into a long and drawn out discussion about why you probably should have bought a copy of Windows for your computer, but I'd rather not waste everyone's time.

On the other hand, loefet has created a package of "track shapes" that he carefully plotted and exported to .3ds for our use. They can be handy at times, however I still find the humble .3ds sphere to be the most handy and universal object to help aid with shaping. That, and the patented iSmooth method are the 2 best methods for creating really well built tracks.

If you want some hand building tips, bug loefet.

or you can bug me

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
I need some help with supporting... Were should I start!? At the bottom of the ride, at the top of it or just start from the beginning and go along till the end like normally?

screenshot20110616at900.png

screenshot20110616at900.png

Xpress

Strata Poster
Entirely up to you. There isn't a set method of supporting, you start where you want, then you finish where you want.

I personally go from start to finish, unless it's a complex structure where multiple sections of track need supporting through one structure.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Can someone help explain Newton2 to me? I've tried my own attempt at it and outside of the ending, it went pretty smoothly. Just need to help on getting the finer points down.

Thanks in advance!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Keep playing with it. It's not something that can be explained in one post, the best thing for you to do is keep futzing with it. It took me a few months to figure out how to use the damn thing. Multi-zone forces are the trickiest part, but basically you can see that each bar is its own force segment inside of the segment, and the time and forces/roll can all be manipulated.

Keep at it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^You'll have to upload the images to a free image hosting site (I use Photobucket, but Imageshack is also good), then copy the URL of the image and put the image tags (
i]
) into your post.

That make sense?

Twn114

Roller Poster
Is there an inbuilt thing in NoLimits that enables you to film your ride?? otherwise how do you do it?

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Twn114 said:
Is there an inbuilt thing in NoLimits that enables you to film your ride?? otherwise how do you do it?

If I remember correctly, just hitting the numberpad 0 key will start the recording.

tribar

Mega Poster
I have a couple questions

1.Is there like a tutorial in the Editor i can't figure out how to use it
2. Is there a way to adjust how many trains are on the track or is the number they give you the number the ride gets

Xpress

Strata Poster
1. The Help tab has a Help button in it that links you to the website that shows you what each of the editors functions do. Building rides on the other hand is an entirely different subject.

2. Yes, go to Coaster then to Settings... A window will pop up with all of the train, coaster type, and color settings.

Filming can only be done in the Simulator. The default key to begin filming is Numpad 0.

choluby

Roller Poster
Re:

Xpress said:
Well, take the easy route, and just press "Print Screen" (located next to, or around your backspace key, depending on your computer type).

Then go to MS Paint, Photoshop, ect. and then go to edit, then down to paste. VIOLA!! A screenie of your ride.

Also, this is just to take a screenshot of whatever is on your screen, be it editor shots, webpage shots, ect.

Does it actually print the screen?

(changing the subject) what's the UCP?

Xpress

Strata Poster
^No, it takes a snapshot of your computer screen and saves it to the clip board.

UCP generally stands for User Control Panel.