What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

metalhead7

Mega Poster
supporting advice? I'm trying to make a Vekoma looper similar to Viper at SFMM and i was wondering if there was a faster way to make the lift hill supports

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Hey recently got a macbook pro and I have no idea how to install the mac files from the website as they have been saved as a dmg.gz any help?

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Yeh I've tried that but this is what I get...

'The file "/Users/hydrosortofguy/Downloads/NoLimits_Demo_17.dmg.gz" does not appear to be compressed or encoded. It is advised that you obtain further information about the contents of this file from the sender or provider of the file.'

A

Anonymous

Seems like either the file is broke or that you have not got the whole file. Test to remove the ".gz" bit on the file name and see if that makes it work...

You know that you have to purchase a new license for the mac so that you can use and get the full version of NL (legally anyway).
Since that's only the demo that you have downloaded, and no you can't input your windows license informations and getting it to work.

If you mail to them and say that you have switched over to a mac they will give you a nice rebate on a new license though.

costar

Mega Poster
Has anybody seen a recreation of The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley anywhere..? It doesn't have to be very good, I need to modify it anyway for some work that I'm doing.

Please post a link or PM me for my email address!

RCF

Strata Poster
Ok, everytime I try to take a snapshot or video a message comes up saying:

ERROR WHILE SAVING SCREENSHOT/AVI: ACCESS DENIED

Anyone know why?

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
RCF said:
Ok, everytime I try to take a snapshot or video a message comes up saying:

ERROR WHILE SAVING SCREENSHOT/AVI: ACCESS DENIED

Anyone know why?

You cold try making sure that the screenshot folder has read/write access. I had a problem similar to this once and to fix it I found the Nolimits folder, right clicked it and made sure I had permission to adjust files.

A

Anonymous

Is nolimits worth it?

Hey guys i'm expecting to get nolimits for christmas this month and i have seen the coasters before. it looks awesome but is it actually worth getting?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^For $30 you can't go wrong really. It is so versatile and satisfying that if it definitely worth getting. Once you've got used to the construction process it's incredible.

Like I said, for $30 it's great.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Re: Is nolimits worth it?

holidayworld2836 said:
Hey guys i'm expecting to get nolimits for christmas this month and i have seen the coasters before. it looks awesome but is it actually worth getting?

Well, there's plenty of things I can think of that can run you $30, but NL is something that will last you forever.

A couple things you should do are:

1. SAVE THE INSTALLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the window opens that asks you if you want to RUN SAVE or CANEL, click SAVE and save the installer onto a separate portable hard drive, flash drive, or even a CD, so that way you have it. Then go ahead and instal the program.

2. SAVE YOUR REGISTRATION CODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will email you a 2 part activation code that will allow you to unlock the pull version of the simulator. Put it into a .txt note pad file, or word document, or something, and save it with your installer, so you have them.

Both of these will allow you to have the simulator if your computer crashes, or hard drive fails, ect. ect. It will also allow you to put it on multiple home computers, so you can always have it with you, but I will repeat what they ask you to do: Do not spread your activation codes around- they are your personal items, and should be kept as such.

That is basically spreading software around illegally- also known as piracy. I don't partake in it, and neither should do (and I can guarantee that this website doesn't condone it either ;) ).

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Couple of noob q's from me:

1 - is it possible to change the height of multiple vertices? -
a - setting all selected to a certain height
and b - Increase / decrease all selected by a certain number

2 - can you insert a ride element in the middle of a ride - I like to get a rough layout done before adding the inversions?

3 - can you view just a section of track, to make editing easier?

Xpress

Strata Poster
1. Select a verticie, then press CTRL then select another, and another, ect. ect. Not sure if you can set all of them to the same height.

2. You can insert a section of track. Go to FILE > Insert Element, or press CTRL + E.

3. Sure. Go into 3D view and position the camera where you want it. Go to a side or top view, then go to DISPLAY > Show Inside-3D, and you will have a little window that will show you what's happening as you edit.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
"2. You can insert a section of track. Go to FILE > Insert Element, or press CTRL + E. "

but that will only work at the end of a track - I just want to replace a long section of track with a loop.

and

in 3d mode - w zooms in, s zooms out, a and d move left and right, is there a way to move the camera up and down?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^The insert segment feature only works on the end of segments. The only way you'd be able to add a loop to the middle of a straight section of track would be to split the segment into three (or more, but you mentioned this being a rough cut) and actually building the loop by hand. Sorry about that!

There is no way to move up and down in 3D view without a mouse. If you right-click, you can alter the camera's viewing direction with the mouse (right click again to turn it off), then just use W and S to move forwards and backwards. It's a much more fluid way of controlling the camera.

Also note that holding 'shift' speeds up the flying speed, and ctrl (i think) slows it down. Useful for shooting between different areas of the ride.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
If you want to insert a pre-built element into a random point in the ride, just split the track up at that point, select the first vertex after the "hole", and set that vertex as the start point (not sure how, but it is possible). That would make the last vertex before the hole the "end of the ride", and the element will appear there when inserted.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^True. If you want to put a section into the middle of the track, find a segment you wish to start at. Go to the next segment, and press SHIFT + F to reset the first segment. Now press SHIFT + C to disconnect the track (keep in mind this only works if the track is a COMPLETED circuit) and now you can start to work from there.

Once you're done with the track, press SHIFT + F on a segment close to the station. When in the editor, wherever the starting verticie is, is where the camera will start.

Hixee said:
Also note that holding 'shift' speeds up the flying speed, and ctrl (i think) slows it down. Useful for shooting between different areas of the ride.

CTRL doesn't slow down in the editor. There's only 2 speeds: medium and fast. Or if you're working with small rides: Too fast and OMG fast.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hixee said:

CTRL doesn't slow down in the editor. There's only 2 speeds: medium and fast. Or if you're working with small rides: Too fast and OMG fast.[/quote]
Yeah, my bad. The Ctrl thing only works in the sim.

Intricks

Strata Poster
How does one get the launch/brake fins for most intamins to be used in No Limits? Tried searching on the interwebs and here for a few hours but came up with nothing or RCT3 add-on.