• New credits obtained in 2018: 26
  • New parks visited in 2018: 3
  • Days spent in a theme park in 2018: No clue
  • Favorite new ride of 2018: Hyperion
  • Favorite new park of 2018: Legendia
  • Highlight of 2018: Taron ERT at dusk/night
  • Biggest surprise of 2018: Kumali at Flamingo Land actually being not awful
  • Low points of 2018: Hero at Flamingo Land
Quieter year for me in the end. Wanted to tick off a few more UK parks, but ultimately spent time and money revisiting quality parks instead. Next year looking a lot more exciting with a lot more new stuff on the horizon..

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
Little bit of an update since a few months ago as times have changed:
  • Coaster count at start of 2018: 336
  • Coaster count at end of 2018: projected 350 if I can do all of Orlando minus Disney as well as a maybe Dollywood mountain coaster
  • New credits obtained in 2018: 4
  • New parks visited in 2018: 1 (2-3 more maybe in Orlando)
  • Days spent in a theme park in 2018: 9 with maybe 10 later this year (4x Cedar Point, 1x Conneaut Lake Park, 1x Indiana Beach, 1x Kings Island, 1x Holiday World, 1x Dollywood (not yet happened), Orlando parks (Fun Spots, IoA?, and maybe SWO)
  • Favorite new ride of 2018: Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point
  • Favorite new park of 2018: Craigs Cruisers! My only new park of the year thus far
  • Highlight of 2018: Steel Vengeance obviously
  • Biggest surprise of 2018: Steel Vengeance. It's very tough to beat tbh.

Matt N

CF Legend
Orlando parks (Fun Spots, IoA?, and maybe SWO)
Have a great time; always nice to have a last minute trip planned! When are you headed down to Orlando, out of interest?

As you can probably tell by my number 1 coaster, I would definitely recommend SeaWorld if you're in the Orlando area! Universal Orlando is another recommendation I'd make as well as Busch Gardens Tampa if you're willing to make the trip from Orlando! Can't speak for the Fun Spots as I haven't been to either, but White Lightning and Mine Blower both look great!
Thanks for rubbing it in.
I don't think it was @JoshC.'s fault that Legendia was shut...

Anyway, sounds like everyone who's posted so far has had a pretty good year! I know I certainly have!

Snoo

The Legend
Have a great time; always nice to have a last minute trip planned! When are you headed down to Orlando, out of interest?

As you can probably tell by my number 1 coaster, I would definitely recommend SeaWorld if you're in the Orlando area! Universal Orlando is another recommendation I'd make as well as Busch Gardens Tampa if you're willing to make the trip from Orlando! Can't speak for the Fun Spots as I haven't been to either, but White Lightning and Mine Blower both look great!

Next couple of weeks. I'm not going to Disney but other places, yes. I'd like to do both Fun Spots and SWO for Mako of course. BGT is a big maybe but you never know.

Matt N

CF Legend
Next couple of weeks. I'm not going to Disney but other places, yes. I'd like to do both Fun Spots and SWO for Mako of course. BGT is a big maybe but you never know.
Have fun! I'm sure you'll love Mako and the other stuff down there; Orlando really is a place like no other for theme parks!

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
  • Coaster count at start of 2018: 112
  • Coaster count at end of 2018: Projecting 192
  • New credits obtained in 2018: 80 fingers crossed
  • New parks visited in 2018: 8
  • Days spent in a theme park in 2018: 20-30 and +5 to come
  • Favorite new ride of 2018: Fury 325
  • Favorite new park of 2018: Craigs Cruisers! My only new park of the year thus far
  • Highlight of 2018: 150 on Apollo, East Coast Road Trip with my cousin,
  • Biggest surprise of 2018: Apollo's Chariot, Verbolten, Leviathan, Fury 325

Matt N

CF Legend
  • Coaster count at start of 2018: 112
  • Coaster count at end of 2018: Projecting 192
  • New credits obtained in 2018: 80 fingers crossed
  • New parks visited in 2018: 8
  • Days spent in a theme park in 2018: 20-30 and +5 to come
  • Favorite new ride of 2018: Fury 325
  • Highlight of 2018: 150 on Apollo, East Coast Road Trip with my cousin,
  • Biggest surprise of 2018: Apollo's Chariot, Verbolten, Leviathan, Fury 325
Where are you hoping to go later this year to get 18 new creds, out of interest?

Bedholm

Roller Poster
2018 has easily been the most productive and memorable year of riding coasters in my life. Riding numerous coasters that broke into my top 10, visiting many incredible parks, and most importantly having a truly wonderful time doing what i love most with my family.
  • Coaster count at start of 2018: 578
  • Coaster count at end of 2018: 873
  • New credits obtained in 2018: 295 so close to the goal of 300 but things starting falling apart at the end of the year
  • New parks visited in 2018: 55
  • Days spent in a theme park in 2018: 38 + 2 5 min days riding only a kiddie coaster
  • Favourite new ride of 2018: Expedition GeForce my new #1 overall for now
  • Favourite new park of 2018: Europa Park #1 park I've been to and it really isn't that close
  • Highlight of 2018: I did 2 16+ day trips across Europe. Both were excellent in their own ways and I can't say one was really better than the other. I guess I'll go with the first one as it was way more productive averaging just shy of 10 new coasters a day and only 3 missed plus it had EGF and Europa.
  • Biggest surprise of 2018: Taron I had very low expectations going in. Friends of mine were calling it a family coaster and when I initially made a most anticipated new to me in 2018 list I nearly opted to not put it on the list. Even when I was at the park and saw it in real life I wasn't that excited, but after one ride I knew it was truly world class ride. Going from a ride I didn't care that much about riding to my #2 in Europe.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Where are you hoping to go later this year to get 18 new creds, out of interest?
I will be at WOF in a few weekends plus I'm going to Holiday World, and a Florida Trip in the winter. And maybe, Six Flags Over Georgia with Some Dollywood as I don't have all the creds

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Coaster Count at start of year: 472
Current Count: 490
New creds so far this year: 18
New Parks so far this year: 9
Potential new creds for me to get: 22
Potential final count: 512
New parks to get: 9

Getting 40 total creds *potentially* this year is pretty good considering it is still only Europe...
Missed out on 1 cred due to it being closed on Hellendroon's Halloween event. Still bloody good going!

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
  • Coaster count at start of 2018: 215-225
  • Coaster count at end of 2018: 331
  • New credits obtained in 2018: 100-120ish
  • New parks visited in 2018: 23
  • Days spent in a theme park in 2018: 40-50? no idea.
  • Favorite new ride of 2018: Steel Vengeance by far
  • Favorite new park of 2018: Europa Park or Phantasialand, still can't decide.
  • Highlight of 2018: Steel Vengeance night ride, MCBR off, no structure lights. Ho lee SH-T. Speechless after that. That will never be beaten for me. Also hitting #300 on Wildfire @ Kolmarden and 23 rides on Taron in an hour were pretty cool too.
  • Biggest surprise of 2018: How damn good Wildfire @ Kolmarden was. I expected it to be top 10 for me, but NEVER expected it to be my #4. That thing just kept speeding up throughout the day.
  • Low points of 2018: Typing this because i'm remembering everything I did this year it's all over now:emoji_cry:

Luca B

Mega Poster
I actually have a new highlight of the year and that is last night going on a last minute trip to Energylandia and marathoning Hyperion in the fog and night. It was surreal, and I’m not sure if I will ever get another experience like that in my life.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
• Start of year cc: 390
• End of year cc: 476
• New creds: 86
• New parks visited: 13
(Clacton Pier, Energylandia, Zatorland, FlamingoLand, Worlds of Fun, Silver Dollar City, Six Flags St Louis, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, Kings Island, Legendia, Cavellino Matto and Blackgang Chine.)
• Favourite new cred: Steel Vengeance, by a significant margin.
Honourable mentions to Outlaw Run, Voyage, Storm Chaser and Lech
• Favourite new park: Silver Dollar City. My god, what an incredible park.
• Total theme park days: 16
• Surprise of the year: Legend being absolutely awful, and Mamba being absolutely brilliant!
• Lowlight of the year: Having to go back to SFGam, but I got to see @GuyWithAStick again so It's not all bad!
• Highlight of the year: Too many highlights from the 'Murica trip;
Obvs the couple of days at CP with @Snoo @Antinos @Error @Youngster Joey @davidm etc, drinks and snuggles at the point were fab, Front row TTD was fab, SV was amazing, thanks to all involved.
The night ride on Beast is one of my fave theme park experiences ever, Dave thinking it was busted was funny, seeing everyone leave the queue but we stuck it out for an incredible experience, I screamed like a girl.
The whole day at SDC was incredible, marathoning Outlaw Run and Wildfire, the quality food and theming, and rapids, just an amazing day.
The food in Kansas City. Damn that was amazing.
Shame I had to do it with @Howie ;) - Can't imagine it being any better without him tbf, had an amazing time, met an amazing person, fantastic trip.
I rode a Togo too!