What's new

You want to like it... But you can't

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno is the only B&M invert I've done that makes me feel light headed and sick.

There is much more to coaster intensty than just g forced, I don't care what anyone says. Inferno's first drop is also the only invert that gives me willy lift (butterflies in your stomach), despite the fact it's the one I ride the most. It must accelerate down that drop faster than most, or something.

If I don't eat and ride Inferno a couple of times, I feel awful, but I like the ride.

As for coasters I dont' like but really wish I did... I305. That made me feel gross every time I rode it and I just hope that changes made this year make it good. It seems such a shame that it's so tall and at a park acessible to me, but I just don't like it very much. :(

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed about 305.. I REALLY wanted to like it and it definitely has the potential to be incredible.. but when I hopped on.. it just underwhelmed.. etc etc.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ You also got it when it was being raped by that gigantic trim. It's hardly the same ride experience as what you'd get if you came back to ride it now.

A few rides that fit this topic for me:
Dragon Challenge - Fun, and I do like them, but I can't say that I love them, especially after how hyped I was for them before my first ride. The Hulk just completely overshadows them in my opinion, though I think I am in the minority on this.

Superman at SFoG for basically the same reasons already mentioned in this topic. Just didn't meet the expectations I had for it.

Anaconda at Kings Dominion - kind of a random one considering nobody expects anything from it anyway, but for some reason I'm kind of a sucker for Arrow multiloopers and I'm fascinated by them, but this one just kind of falls flat. It's built in a very cool setting over a lake, and includes a sizable drop into an underwater tunnel, but after the first few elements and the trim, it's just downright uncomfortable and not very enjoyable.

Snoo

The Legend
madhjsp said:
^ You also got it when it was being raped by that gigantic trim. It's hardly the same ride experience as what you'd get if you came back to ride it now.

Obviously.. but I rode the **** trim.. not the apparently amazing thing without it. :D

Coaster_Dude

Roller Poster
I recently went to Drayton Manor for the first time in close to a decade. I was looking forward to going on G-Force as it was something a bit different to anything I'd ridden. The first lift/loop was fine but after that for the duration of the ride the restraint just caused me pain just under my ribs. I don't know if it was a case of not having the bar quite right but it certainly stopped me from remotely enjoying the ride.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, but you like Black Hole so your opinion is null and void ;) :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't name my turds, why should I concern myself with those? :p

Actually, G-Force is a good example. It's an exciting concept, with the fantastic "lift" and a tight, intense layout. It looks so good on paper, such a pity it's abysmal to ride. I still think it's a ride that is a "puller" though (people who haven't been on it, or need to be "brave enough" to ride it). Such a shame, I do want to like the ride, but it's the pits.

dominoes

Mega Poster
I sort of like nemesis inferno, and everyone I know is like "OH MY GOD IT IS AMAZING!!!!" but i'm just like, meh. Also, and I am extremely ashamed to say it, but Nemesis. I have got a bit bored of it, along with nem inf. I think its just cause I don't find inverted coasters that scary.

Nic

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
^ Shush you, G-Force is FAB <3
Agreed.

I think Baco falls into this category for me. On paper, it should be amazing. I love launch coasters. I loved the idea of a wingrider. I loved the theming/pre-show. I loved the fact that it has an inversion. It's just a shame, then, that it's ****. Utterly ****.

Same for S:TE. I'd seen it on telly as a kid and was really seriously looking forward to riding it. Again - ****. I'd be interested to re-ride now to see if being backwards makes a difference? I suspect not.

Oh, Scream too.
B&M <3
Floorless <3
Parking lot <////////3

Martyn B

CF Legend
G-Force for me, had the exact opposite affect that Speed had. EVERYONE raved on about Speed being so awsome and stuff, so I rode it expecting to be blown away, yet it was average. Pretty much everyone bash's the **** out of G-Force, so I was expecting a really crap ride, so I was quite surprised that I enjoyed it. Its definitely a much more enjoyable experience than Shockwave.

Coaster_Dude

Roller Poster
I'm sure G Force is a great ride, my only problem was that I simply couldn't enjoy the ride itself because of the pain the restraint was causing me. The queueline was pants though.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
furie said:
Actually, G-Force is a good example. It's an exciting concept, with the fantastic "lift" and a tight, intense layout. It looks so good on paper, such a pity it's abysmal to ride. I still think it's a ride that is a "puller" though (people who haven't been on it, or need to be "brave enough" to ride it). Such a shame, I do want to like the ride, but it's the pits.

Same for me. G-Farce looks like it should be amazing with those two inversions and that incredibly steep hill, but the ride is actually utter crap. The experience is as dull as dishwater, and the added pain from the restraints doesn't help.

:roll:

dominoes

Mega Poster
^^ I have to agree. I like the actual ride, but the queue was s**t. Also, the seatbelts hurt like hell the second time i went on.

.Will

Roller Poster
It's a shame about G-Force I mean it is in a nice little location and for face value it looks like a neat little ride. That is where it all ends though I mean it is a nasty ride experience.

:roll: