What's new

You want to like it... But you can't

JenZForce

Roller Poster
I'll get stoned for this, but I was underwhelmed by Millennium Force. I liked the ride overall, but I think everyone I was with hyped it up and talked it up so much the entire day, I was expecting it to be life-changing or something.

Oblivion and Nemesis are on my top ten wish list, but I'm really afraid I'll be underwhelmed by them too!

A101

Mega Poster
JenZForce said:
I'll get stoned for this, but I was underwhelmed by Millennium Force.

You're gonna get stoned? I don't think Nemesis lives up to it's reputation.

Colossus

Giga Poster
A101 said:
You're gonna get stoned? I don't think Nemesis lives up to it's reputation.

Stoned as in pelted with stones.
Nemesis really does live up to expectations, but i guess it all depends how much you spend hyping it up as to whether you feel disappointed after actually riding.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Hmm, I'm just going to jot these down, some of these aren't rollercoasters by the way:

- Avalanche (PBBP)
- Big Dipper (PBBP)
- Bling (PBBP)
- Hex (AT)
- Shockwave (DM)
- Pandemonium (DM)
- Tidal Wave (TP)
- Slammer (TP)

There's certainly others, but that's all that's coming to mind...

Colossus

Giga Poster
^ I agree with all those choices, apart from Avalanche, though thats because i have only rode 1 bobsled, after my euro trip next April i would have rode a few more so my opinion might change?

jayjay

Giga Poster
I disagree with Avalanche, I think it's quite underrated and would like to do some more bobleds.

The one that stands out for me is Shiekra. I only got on it once so it may just be that I wasn't in the right mind for enjoying it, but it was just bland. The elements were all drawn out because of the train size and there were definite dead spots.

JakeC

Roller Poster
I dont understand all the hype round nemessis, its a really good ride but it does not feature in my top 10 and i have a pretty low coaster count.

Jake :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
Colossus The Power of 10 said:
^ I agree with all those choices, apart from Avalanche.
I remember really hyping myself up for Avalanche because of it's uniqueness, that didn't help. But it did nothing for me, it really hurt my back if anything, and the whole bobsled element wasn't half as cool as I thought it would be.

The Big One on the other hand, I wasn't expecting much from that, but the first drop and sense of speed quite surprised me.

Ben

CF Legend
I really like Avalanche <3 It's probably the fastest and most intense of the Mack Bobsleds, but, obviously it's spitefully short :(